Bradford Poll here straight up! pick a side and explain

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

does SB stay and restructure for an new contract

• can make a deal get waiver and or draftedtop QB in draft somewhere else.

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Bradford comes backhalthy and competes for the starting position and against hill of somethone else

Votes: 73 68.2%

• Total voters

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Is next year's salary guarenteed? Does he have to make the team to get it or can he be released with no cap pnalty? I would lik to have a healthy Sam lead the team but don't want his salary hanging over the team before the next season starts! Any answers to this conundrum?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wonder if Robocop is going to see his mangling of the language and get as big a kick out of it as I did........Anyone else?

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been the biggest Bradford supporter there has been but it's time to move on with him being our primary option.

Yep that dot after my sentence up there is a period.

I'll second that period.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I think Bradford will come back healthy next season, hopefully with a reworked contract. My biggest nightmare is the rams get rid of him and he goes to some other team to becomes a pro bowler. Its unfortunate that he hurt his knee two years in a row but I still believe he will be a great qb. I would expect the rams to draft a qb fairly early but Bradford will be the starter.

Last edited:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Quite frankly, I'm over it already.
I like the guy a lot really, and I've been a staunch defender of him. I don't hold the injury against him in any sort of way, but now it's come to the point where you gotta show me something Sam. (As an aside, I always hated the people that played the 'This is the show me state buddy, so show ME' card)
He's shown flashes of great play, and that excites me. He's also shown some flashes of pretty average play too, and I think that's undeniable. If the head honchos bring him back, I'm cool with that. I'm definitely not losing sleep over his place on this team though. Next man up is a pretty good mantra here.

This team is in too good of a position for the wailing and gnashing of teeth because we lost our starting QB. I think between the defense and running game there's no reason Shaun Hill or any QB shouldn't be able to string together some solid (not even spectacular) play and a little bit of luck to get this team over .500 and fighting for a playoff spot. Come April or May or June whenever Goodell chooses to have the draft if they're in a position to grab a QB to contend for a spot I hope they take him. I don't think you can play favorites at this point in the teams' development. If Bradford is here to compete for said job, I'm cool with that. So long as he's competing. And if Bradford ends up being the next QB of the Tampa Bay Bucs or Arizona Cardinals, I'll cheer for him. I had a shit ton of fun cheering for Warner while he marched the Cardinals into the playoffs and SB. There's no shame in rooting for a player you love.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I've read several posts voicing the concern that if Bradford and the Rams part ways he'll go someplace else and be a superstar. I don't think that's going to happen, but I get it. Bradford definitely has the tools to succeed, but so have a lot of guys who never put it all together (for whatever reason). Jeff George anyone?

I'm just at the point where I value stability over potential in regards to a QB for the Rams.

You don't need Peyton Manning to win, but you do need somebody you can count on to be there.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It's so hard to find a really good QB. Even with a high draft pick, you are rolling the dice. Teams go decades without finding one.

I'd keep looking around for the diamond in the rough but unless something falls in our laps, I'd probably be bringing Sam back. If course, I'd want him to be reasonable on a contract - and I think he will be.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is why you don't go out drinking talking football with with friends and opposing fans until everyone is belligerent... I don't remember posting this. how do I take it down lol

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I think to make the position of question a position of strength. ..
1. Keep Bradford as projected starter by restructuring his contract in such a way that it saves a large amount of money against cap. Maybe sign him to a incentive laden contract.
2. Draft a young quarterback in the first two rounds.
3. Let the newly drafted quarterback compete with Hill and the rapidly improving Austin, Keenum, Garrett for 2nd and 3rd on depth chart.

Start Bradford as he is still our best chance to win next year. And our quality the position should be much better. I don't believe in moving on from a player unless his replacement is an upgrade. Just my thoughts. ......Go Rams...... ;)

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I didn't vote in the poll because I'm not sure what it says.

The best scenario IMO would be:
1 - Bradford to restructure
2 - Draft one of the top QBs in the draft
3 - Bradford competes for the starting job (and would win IMO)

If Bradford stays healthy and plays well its a win for us.
If Bradford goes down again we have a QB waiting in the wings.

I hope this happens.

Spot on with what I'd like to happen.

I may be insane, but I still believe in Sam Bradford, but we've reached the point where he shouldn't be handed the job any more. He's going to have to earn it over qualified competition.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So many different levels of hate, pitt, anger, just down care, forget him attitudes in this forum. lets lay it all out here and discuss why. But it better be intelligent and thought out cus either I or many others will give a counter argument.

Here we go
1) Bradford restructures his deal pay cut or not to keep himself a Ram contrary to his arsehole agent
2) Bradford walks away from the rest of the money hoping to pick up probably a 2nd string job somewhere
3)Bradford traded out right adding cap room right hopefully with some extra incentives for the Ramst.t
I picked restructure. I think that the rams have to roll the dice with him next year, unfortunately. Assuming we are below 500, can fisher go into next year with a rookie starter? It could lead to his fourth straight subpar as a rams coach. I say restructure Bradford and draft a qb early. Go into camp with faith that Bradford can do it, but keep the rookie ready for ANY possibility.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
After the Rams win the Super Bowl this year with Hill at QB, who cares?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Sam comes back, but surprise, we have some competition....Hot shot rookie 2nd round pick. Surprise again, Sam beats him out in open competition. I doubt anyone but Sam & Schotty know this offense very well. Lets let Davis & Keenum battle it out for the #3 spot. Modern medicine is really making advances, plus Sam wants to work this out, and is comfortable. I'd just add a few more squats, lunges, yoga, and some cross training moves to limber up that body. Think Rocky with Apollo's trainer...Eye of the tiger stuff.

markstewart67

Rookie
I'll second that period.
I'm over the Bradford nightmare, We need to move forward. Bradford reminds me of that slot machine you're afraid to walk away from...Just in case it hits big when you walk away. Walk away management.....just walk away.
GO RAMS!!!

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
I am tired of the media's obsession with quarterbacks when there are players on the team that is needed to support them.It's funny how the fans are howling for Davis when it is clear that Hill is the better choice.Bradford will be fine and it's best that we concentrate on who is the starting quarterback this year.