Bosignore: Josh Reynolds Getting McVay's Attention

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the guy playing QB may have helped a lot more.

I'm sure he did. But you're underrating White's impact. Here are the Packers' rankings in PPG allowed from 1991 to 2000:
1991: 18th (before White) - No Playoffs
1992: 15th (before White) - No Playoffs
1993: 9th (White) - Playoffs
1994: 5th (White) - Playoffs
1995: 4th (White) - Playoffs
1996: 1st (White) - Super Bowl Champ
1997: 5th (White) - Super Bowl Loser
1998: 11th (White) - Playoffs
1999: 20th (after White) - No Playoffs
2000: 14th (after White) - No Playoffs

That speaks volumes to me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
12% of available cap, or 12% total. Huge difference, also that's a serious question. Donald is probably on his way to the hof, but is he Reggie White right now? Were the Packers tight up against the cap and coming off a 4 win season?

12% total.

And it's not a huge difference. If we can't make do with the other 88% of the cap, we deserve to lose. Donald is a superstar. You pay him what he's worth. It's absolutely baffling to me that people want to not pay the elite player we have. You don't let the elite players walk. You let the above average and good players walk when they ask for too much. Look at how Seattle has stayed on top.

He's going to eat up most of the available cap, while still under contract...

And Donald does not have to listen to his agent. His agent works for him. Plenty of athletes have fired their agents because of negotiations. Next offseason is going to be a very important one with quite a few key players contracts ending. Do you want to lose say...3 key players but you get to keep Donald?

I love Donald, but this team is building something. We need to keep our nucleus intact. We can't do that is our available cap all goes to one player.

We have $40 million to $50 million in cap room next year before making any cuts. We can have our cake and eat it too.