Boras-WTF???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Enough Boras, we need more of this guy:
th

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fisher's failure has always been his coordinator hires. Three bad ones in a row on offense is why he will lose this job.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Everything about the offense last night was simply atrocious especially considering how much time Boras had to prepare for this game.
  • The Niners were ready for a steady dose of Gurley. So how the 9ers gameplan? Eight in the box and key on Gurley and Austin. How did Boras respond? A steady dose of Gurley with some Austin sprinkled in. Why not keep calling play action and press the ball downfield to loosen up the LOS?? Nope-keep pounding the rock when it was clearly not working.
  • Passing-every pass (other than 3 or so to Britt in the seem that actually worked) was a three yard hook or hitch in the flat. How does any receiver have YAC after they have their back to to defense?
  • The Austin Package? Third year in a row where we have heard about the exotic plays for Austin. I saw nothing but high school level screens and hooks. Where was the jet sweep-the one play that consistently worked last year?
  • Play calling was not to Keenum strength. Revelation-Keenum is short. So why the heck is he standing in the pocket on a 3-5 yard drop? He cant see!! Hence, pick in the middle of the field. He should have been in motion, rolling more often to the right or left to give him passing lanes.
  • Use of Cunningham. What did have 3 touches before the 4th quarter? Bennie is a much better screen option that Gurley. They ran it to Benny 1x.
  • Why isnt Goff ready?? Isnt that the job of the coordinator? They have had the kid for 3 months or so. Why couldnt Boras create a system that plays to Goffs strengths? Could he limit the verbiage if its too overwhelming?
In conclusion, the entire game was called in a stubborn, inflexible manor that demonstrates how the Fisher regime may never understand how to raise an offense out of the bottom 10th of the league. In year 5, now with a young offensive line and one of the best backs in the league, the offense is worse than I have witnessed in the 5 dreck years of the Fisher offense.
Boras is not to blame.How many coordinators have we been through since Fisher took over?
How much has the offense changed with any of these coordinators?There is only one
common denominator.Fisher.Make no mistake about it this is Fishers offense.He keeps firing
O.C.'s as scape goats.Yet we keep running the same predictable offense year in and year out.
This team will never win consistantly until A-Fisher stays away from the offense B- fisher is fired.
I have a hard time blaming offensive personnel as well.When everyone on defense knows your only
going to use a portion of the field(the short portion) it makes execution damn near impossible..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bring back Mike Martz for OC. No?

Some of us here wanted Martz.

I will point to Zimmer: hired by the Vikes and he hires a proven OC in Turner. With Norv locking down the offense and Zim overlooking the defense both units are well represented. He has delivered top 5 scoring defense already which is why they made the playoffs.

Now look at Fish. He needed 2 hires to get the defense to its average state. 3 hires later the offense still sucks. This is not a hard equation, as a head coach you set the tone with your staff hires.

IF he had hired Martz, Goff would probably be coming off a 300 yard night in SF and Gurley probably would have over 100 all purpose yards.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Fisher's failure has always been his coordinator hires. Three bad ones in a row on offense is why he will lose this job.
Disagree.The reason Fisher keeps hiring no name coordinators is that no established
OC will let Fisher control the offense the way he can with guys without a true resume.
OC's names keep changing yet offense stays the same.Just a matter of doing the math.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Borus was horrible. Shottenheimer 2.0 fisher's refusal to get a top OC is because he wants none to show him up. Pathetic

nighttrain

Legend
[QUOTE="JerseyRam1, post: 792094, member: 3802"]Cant blame Fisher. He's the guy with the experience of moving an NFL team. He knows what hes doing:sneaky:[/QUOTE]
fixed it for ya
train

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've been a supporter of Fisher but I've finally decided that I might be living on the dark side..mBarring an unlikely major turnaround I think it's time to give the reins to someone else...Contrary to most here, I don't think the defense is CONSISTANTLY all that grea...Couldn't believe couldn't figure out that they made Gabbert look like Vick in his prime by giving him the entire middle of the field because ALL the pressure was from the edge where they always got trapped outside of the running lane in the middle..Doesn't do anything good to collapse the pocket if there isn't any contain inside...Ugly, ugly, ugly...I really down on them, even though it's only one game...Maybe they fight the Albatross like the usually do, but I just don't see any way to put on a happy face...I saw nothing that seems to be quickly turned around...Reminds me kid the Mary's thing that used to irritate me almost to the brink of fandom suicide...Everybody together now..."Heck, we'll fix that"...It never got fixed...Ah And please try to stop with how the D will this, Gurley will do thst...It simply can''t happen, the way things are being done right now...Ah, good start to a serious vent...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Borus was horrible. Shottenheimer 2.0 fisher's refusal to get a top OC is because he wants none to show him up. Pathetic
Shottys offense normal started hot. We scored points. Then we'd go into prevent offense mode and hit the breaks. Playing not to lose.
Then we would lose.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Boras was never up to task. 2 years of play calling experience more than a decade ago and you tab this guy to turn around a historically bad offense. Terrible Fisher decision looking for continuity. Why the hell do you want continuity after having a historically bad offensive season.
Chip Kelly didn't seem to need continuity to make the offense work.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
if we had megatron and josh Gordon we would still run 3 yard outs :deadhorse:

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Despite saying in the vent thread that I wouldn't watch this game, I only went and watched the condensed version.

The biggest problem for me was the very conservative play calling. The niners didn't have to think too hard on defence because we did exactly what we did under Cignetti last year. Run, run, long 3rd down, punt. It's too predictable and even with one of the best RBs in the league, that's asking too much.

I'm sick to death of seeing quick screens to Tavon. He's a receiver. Make him run some goddam routes and see what happens.

When Boras called a play that was actually bordering on adventurous, Keenum wasn't always up to the task.

I don't remember Shotty's offence being this painful to watch.

All of this meant that the D wasn't getting much of a rest so it was inevitable that they'd run out of steam. Although the D could have been better too at all levels.

Against Seattle I want to see more adventurous play calls that actually involve passing the ball more than 5 yards downfield. Make the opponent think about something other than Gurley.

I wouldn't throw Goff in against the Seahawks but Keenum is on a short leash as far as I'm concerned. If he plays as poorly on Sunday as he did yesterday, I'd put Goff in week 3.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Also Mike Groh, passing game coordinator, hasn't made the slightest difference if yesterday was anything to go by.

Either he's failing in his role or isn't being allowed to do his job.

A55VA6

Legend
I just don't understand why everything is either run, screen pass, quick outs.

Throw the fucking ball down the field. Fucking god damnit.