Bonsignore: Sticking with Case Keenum - and Jeff Fisher - isn't answer for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why X? Seems a lil selfish to be a guy that, I'm right, even when you're wrong...and hurting 60+ other men....I mean, guys are gonna get fired behind all this...Some may never work again in pro football. That's selfish...admit when you're wrong...turn the season....
Although, I'd have a serious talk with my D-Line coach about jumping offsides...
db925b297836426fa9b02ddd0675243a.jpeg

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I can understand Fisher being loyal to a point, but he and Keenum both know Keenum will not be a Ram next season. So why not atleast put Goff in at some random series of a game and get his feet wet gradually without the pressure of starting. It is obvious Keenum is not going to get the Rams a big lead and by some luck the team does manage to keep it close, except week 1 of course, so there is no garbage time to give to Goff. Maybe if Goff got a few series he could lead the Rams to that 21 point lead that creates garbage time for Goff. Is Fisher afraid to hurt Keenums feelings by giving a few series to the future of the franchise, we all know Keenum wont be back next year and Fisher isnt helping Keenums resume by sticking with him. So why wont Fisher play Goff? Is he afraid Goff isn't as reselient as he appeared to be in college? I know Fisher can tell the difference when he hears Goffs passes zip by, and when he sees Keenums passes float downfield in practice.

Man, I could go for an episode of Rams QB discussion on Hard Knocks, mid season edition.

MountainRam

Rookie
If that's his plan (to use Goff to keep his job), then Kroenke is the dumbest billionaire on the planet if he can't see right through that.

Why would Stan get into details of who is playing or who is not. When was the last time he did something like that?

This act is between Snead/Fisher/Demoff. Don't you think?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Also, the author of this article starts new paragraphs after only phrases, and even has sentences with no freaking verbs. Can you have sentences with no freaking verbs?

Must be that new English to go along with the new Math they are teaching kids now.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read a lot of the articles on turf times and they have a Fisher approval pole after each game . I wish I knew how to copy and paste because there is no love after yesterday . Take a look if you get time .

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why would Stan get into details of who is playing or who is not. When was the last time he did something like that?

This act is between Snead/Fisher/Demoff. Don't you think?
No, I don't think he's that disconnected.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
lots of jumbled thoughts...LOLOLOL

Jeff is selfish...like Vinny said....He's putting his, " the QB will play when he's ready" schtick into every convo...like we can't see the stuff Keenum does...and yeah, the wrs may have effed up 3 plays ( I still say 2)...out of, what, 53 throws?....that still doesn't explain the other 50....that 30+ were caught...no matter how great...or how poorly these passes were thrown...Scoring 1 td versus that Giant team is terrible...maybe Keenum isn't the whole problem...Point is, he said Keenum gave us the best chance to win...He'd reduce the risk of turnovers...At this we can all laugh...He's thrown more int's than TD's...so all the Case is this or that is BS...He's losing games...through turnovers...and Fisher knows this...yet he refuses to make the switch...cause he's selfish...all about me...I know what I'm doing...:blah:

How can he state, "we didn't lose this game because of QB play" lets see some film first...

he should have said, we need to get better as a team...coaches & players...:rant:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Point is, he said Keenum gave us the best chance to win...
That's not what he said. He (they) said "we can win games with Case." All that means is, they can win games with Case (and have). It doesn't mean he's their only option, or that they can't win with Goff, or anything else. It only means they're using Keenum until such a time that they deem Goff ready. Everyone in the world can scream that Goff is ready now, but there is zero (ZERO) evidence that he is. Just because someone else on some other team is playing well, doesn't mean that transitive properties apply. Yes we would all like to see Jared play, but he's not yet. Only the coaches (4 of them) know why that is. And yes, he could be put in due to injury to Keenum and play well, but that doesn't automatically mean that their plan wasn't a good plan. People just disagree with their plan. Some people (and coaches) subscribe to the 'sit and learn' method of development, and other people (and coaches) subscribe to the 'throw them into the fire' approach. This coach happens to subscribe to the former. Nothing we can do about it.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
People just disagree with their plan. Some people (and coaches) subscribe to the 'sit and learn' method of development, and other people (and coaches) subscribe to the 'throw them into the fire' approach. This coach happens to subscribe to the former. Nothing we can do about it.
Oh Yeah?
200.gif

Or even better...
200.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
The one fact we can all take heart in is it makes no difference what Fisher says now about who's starting, past statements have never stopped him from making a change.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It only means they're using Keenum until such a time that they deem Goff ready. Everyone in the world can scream that Goff is ready now, but there is zero (ZERO) evidence that he is. Just because someone else on some other team is playing well, doesn't mean that transitive properties apply.
Okay, okay....and you better believe I looked for that quote...He must have said it....or spoken it...or something...
If we can win with Case...we should be able to win or lose with Goff too....

MountainRam

Rookie
No, I don't think he's that disconnected.

I sincerely hope you are wrong and Stan is hands off on who plays and who doesn't. If he tells staff if/when Goff will play, that is not a good sign for this or the next coaching staff.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I sincerely hope you are wrong and Stan is hands off on who plays and who doesn't. If he tells staff if/when Goff will play, that is not a good sign for this or the next coaching staff.
I don't think he tells them what to do.
I just think he gives his opinion. I mean, it is his team, after all.