Bonsignore: In a refreshing twist, Rams GM Les Snead opens up about team's woes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Snead is arguably the most inarticulate speaker I've ever heard. It's like his brain is two steps ahead of his mouth. But that's not a big deal. It just means he should kinda stay away from the mic when at all possible. If any of us were so inclined, we could put together a book of 'Sneadisms'. That would make for some good library (bathroom) reading.
"I will say this about that"

- Les Snead

Pretty much all the time......

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good point, however, it does not matter because I was under the impression the Fisher had final say that is why he chose the Rams over the Dolphins, however, other reports have circulated stating otherwise, but I discount them.

Like the report that Snead failed on the Jenkins signing because Fisher went fishing...Seriously you can't make this stuff up...Well, if I wanted to ensure we extended our best cover corner and he was essential to success of my defense, you can bet your rats ass I would not be out fishing in freaking Montana, WTH?

You think Bill Belichick or Mike Tomlin are out fishing? Give me a freaking break, it all falls on Fisher, but when Snead took the job, he knew the Head Coach would have that power and regardless of the outcome both need to go.

Yeah - not buying the idea that they couldn't sign JJ because Fisher went fishing. Nothing about it makes sense in any real world situation. I can come up with plenty that indicates a coaching change should probably happen. That wouldn't be one I'd go with. Sounds like someone really grasping at straws.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I keep hearing the word "competitive". To me, competitive is winning more than you're losing. To them it means losing close games. In my eyes, they are not competitive. A lot of losing teams can say they're 'competitive'.

To me, competitive means having a chance to win, which they have had except for 2-3 games.

Winning more than you're losing means winning....imo

lockdnram21

Legend
But why only throw Robinson under the bus? He's not the only problem on offense. What about Tavons short comings as a receiver. What about Barnes and Wicman or Saffold. What about out dated offense approach. Need of real offensive coordinator

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But why only throw Robinson under the bus? He's not the only problem on offense. What about Tavons short comings as a receiver. What about Barnes and Wicman or Saffold. What about out dated offense approach. Need of real offensive coordinator
Maybe because he was the number two over all and really has had the most trouble assimilating. Tavon has done some pretty good things when he has had his hands on the ball. I'm still not sure I put his short comings all on him. I don't expect him to start going down the line naming players though. Do you?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah - not buying the idea that they couldn't sign JJ because Fisher went fishing. Nothing about it makes sense in any real world situation. I can come up with plenty that indicates a coaching change should probably happen. That wouldn't be one I'd go with. Sounds like someone really grasping at straws.

Agreed, was using that example for the humor, Fisher went fishing, however, in Montana there are three things you are never late for:
  1. Church
  2. Work
  3. Fishing

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agreed, was using that example for the humor, Fisher went fishing, however, in Montana there are three things you are never late for:
  1. Church
  2. Work
  3. Fishing
Ah... missed the blue font. :shades: Carry on.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
“What bothers me is we’ve had some good decisions in personnel; we’ve had some not good decisions in personnel. My staff will tell you that is where I lose sleep at night, is on those ones we haven’t done so well on and what can we learn going forward,” he said “That’s how we learn, that’s how we evolve. We’ve got to look at that subset and how do we get better. How do we not repeat, if that’s a mistake

Stop drafting freak athletes and start drafting football players.

Snead Prime Time is arguably the most inarticulate speaker I've ever heard. It's like his brain is two steps ahead of his mouth.

Having listened to me twaddle on, you should know better than to give this title to Snead. :sneaky: It's like
my tongue is falling down the stairs. :)

To me, competitive is winning more than you're losing.

To me competitive means it's possible your team can win any game. It's more than the "any given Sunday" mantra. I've never once this season given up on a Rams game before it was played.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was listening to the espn feed where albert breer backed up his article and he mentioned that it has been common knowledge for some time. Also discussed was how angry some folks in the personnel side were about Fisher's comments.

Listening to it there is no doubt in my mind the dysfunction is real. And I also believe what was said about sources in the office, all of which were sure that Fish is not going to return next year.

IMO the decision is already made and they are putting together a replacement head coach list. Only unknown is Snead.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think he was quoting the article.
The problem with doing that is it pulls in the guy who posted it instead of the author.
Correct

Was referring to VB not the OP

Ah.... I see that now.
63741194.jpg

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
His biggest mistake was not adding a quality young back up when he got here and especially after Bradfords 1st injury. should of taken a 3rd or 4th round like Cousins at some point. even someone of Mannion's caliber would of been something instead of relying on the Davis/Clemons/ Hill types.

Also a huge mistake by Fisher was not getting a quality OC when he was hired. A guy that could take a young QB to a high level, whether it be Bradford or a quality young back up.

Now the last two years nobody would take the coordinator job for fear Fisher would get fired right away. So they have been stuck with in house hires as a result.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're absolutely right there are many short comings on this teams offense. But with GRob being the #2 overall selection he's an easier target. It's easier than pointing out the entire line and their coach aren't doing their jobs. It's easier than pointing out more often than not the WR's and their coach aren't doing their job. And it's easier than pointing out Fisher and his choice for OC are horrible at their jobs.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Rich Hammond ‏@Rich_Hammond 1m1 minute ago

Rams have been outscored 82-10 in last 9 quarters.