Bobby Wagner Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don't know that Wagner is a fit with Buffalo.

The Bills have Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano, and they are both three-down-backers.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, it's the Ravens or the Rams, no worries if the Rams get him that fine, if not, that's okay too. I'm hoping for news about the Donald extension and cap savings so hopefully the Rams can add a few more free agents before the draft.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
IMO, it's the Ravens or the Rams, no worries if the Rams get him that fine, if not, that's okay too. I'm hoping for news about the Donald extension and cap savings so hopefully the Rams can add a few more free agents before the draft.
It's the Rams....this is based off a tingling sensation I felt in my nutsack upon reading Wagner will decide soon lol

dang

Legend
So Ram you're mistaken on this my fellow Ram bud! Please take time to understand I do not want to devalue or degrade Troy Reeder Okay?

If you wish to be correct here, may I suggest you may want to go back & use the search app here in ROD. I would invite you if you take the time to search Troy Reeder then insert BonifayRam as the poster. Please go all the way back to the time Troy Reeder his initial first sighting in a Ram uni. What you will discover is far more positive posts on Troy Reeder than negative.

In one of my more recent posts, you will see where I praised him for his valued effort for always preparing himself to be available to play in place of the several Rams starters @ MLB'er who for whatever reasons were constantly injured. TR was never injured! That's why he was a 3 yr starting MLB'er for this winning Ram team. If the Rams were to desire to move away from 2020/2021 34 defense to a 43 D then TR would be a prospect to be part of this team as a Strong Side OLB'er post.

IMO the time has come for this Ram Org to move on from TR & it would appear to me they have done just that. TR simply is a very Gigantic detriment for this Ram defense with DC Morris. All you have to do to see this is watch the NFC Championship gm. where the 9ers took full aim :bullseye:@ TR & manipulated him to the maximum. If TR is on the field all opponents will do the same.
I appreciate what Reeder has done for the Rams. 110% effort. Just subpar results. His lateral movement, coverage skills and inability to change direction at the pro level relegate him to a NFL ST/ILB depth player and there’s no shame in that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If the Rams do sign Wagner as an NFL career 43 D MLB'er what will the ILB starting posts look like? Where will Ernest Jones/ Travin Howard/ Christian Rozeboom end up fitting in?

Does anyone have any thought about how DC Morris will look at this addition in his defense?

DC Morris did not lose any SuperBowl-winning Interior LB's this off-season (Reeder was a negative that can be retained easily) but Morris did lose his #2 & #3 edge OLB'ers.

Is it really as simple as plug-and-play?

Morris used primarily only one ILB'er in his favored heavy DB defense, will this change?

Snead has signed a boatload (eight) of Strong Safeties and Hybrid Safety/ILB'ers (plus Jalen Ramsey who Morris liked to play up to) types to fit the very recent Superbowl-winning Morris defense now, what would a Wagner signing do to what is already completed & planned.

I would bet the need for Safety Taylor Rapp @ ILB will greatly diminish & forced a return to start in the deep secondary if Wagner is signed. I most certainly not looking forward to that. Waste of Rapp's best talent in those deep coverages.

Both Fuller/Scott all have shown good play & had numerous snaps playing the up @ the LOS during the 2020/2021 seasons too.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
When the Rams were in on Von Miller, they put aside a specific amount of money and, when he went to Buffalo, the pivoted to Allen Robinson.

If Wagner chooses the Ravens or some other team, I hope the Rams pivot again. There are still some vets out there (Gilmore, Clowney, Hughes) who I'd like to add.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Sherman is no irrelevant so instead of talking up himself ( I’m the greatest!!!) he’s now getting attention by knowing secrets about Wagner.
Or they’re friends and he’s doing this with Wagners blessing. Just my guess.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Guys if they redo AD and Kupp don't know about anyone else. I can see Ramsey bitching at some point like you get a car you get a car you don't sorry. That's just speculation though.

Having said that we currently have about 8.5 in cap space. Just doing AD and Coop should or could get us 20-30 million more in cap space depending on how it would be structured. We could accomplish everything we need and then some.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Ram you're mistaken on this my fellow Ram bud! Please take time to understand I do not want to devalue or degrade Troy Reeder Okay?

If you wish to be correct here, may I suggest you may want to go back & use the search app here in ROD. I would invite you if you take the time to search Troy Reeder then insert BonifayRam as the poster. Please go all the way back to the time Troy Reeder his initial first sighting in a Ram uni. What you will discover is far more positive posts on Troy Reeder than negative.

In one of my more recent posts, you will see where I praised him for his valued effort for always preparing himself to be available to play in place of the several Rams starters @ MLB'er who for whatever reasons were constantly injured. TR was never injured! That's why he was a 3 yr starting MLB'er for this winning Ram team. If the Rams were to desire to move away from 2020/2021 34 defense to a 43 D then TR would be a prospect to be part of this team as a Strong Side OLB'er post.

IMO the time has come for this Ram Org to move on from TR & it would appear to me they have done just that. TR simply is a very Gigantic detriment for this Ram defense with DC Morris. All you have to do to see this is watch the NFC Championship gm. where the 9ers took full aim :bullseye:@ TR & manipulated him to the maximum. If TR is on the field all opponents will do the same.
Reeder Hater!!! :)

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Guys if they redo AD and Kupp don't know about anyone else. I can see Ramsey bitching at some point like you get a car you get a car you don't sorry. That's just speculation though.

Having said that we currently have about 8.5 in cap space. Just doing AD and Coop should or could get us 20-30 million more in cap space depending on how it would be structured. We could accomplish everything we need and then some.

Ramsey is the highest paid corner in football til that changes I think we will be safe!

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Well something better happen today because I can just imagine all the shenanigan thread titles tomorrow which of course I'll have to click on only to be disappointed.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Ramsey is the highest paid corner in football til that changes I think we will be safe!

I hear you and I know this but you never know either way I just said maybe but it's irrelevant time will tell more importantly was the cap thing.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’m still a bit bummed we didn’t go after and get Myles Jack. 2/16M is something I definitely would have beaten to get him.

Maybe he didn’t have any interest in us; maybe it was the Rams who had no interest. Idk Shrug

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Is your 'nut-sack' typically reliable?

By-the-way, I don't believe I have ever asked that question before now.
Me neither but I found it weird so I was like fuck it, let's roll with it. We shall find out if it's reliable hahaha

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I’m still a bit bummed we didn’t go after and get Myles Jack. 2/16M is something I definitely would have beaten to get him.

Maybe he didn’t have any interest in us; maybe it was the Rams who had no interest. Idk Shrug
You and me both! I thought he'd be a fall back option and dragging our feet with Von and Wagner probably cost us him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Nice post !! I’m Right with you. I will say that I believe though without Troy Reeder ,The Rams need to add another solid LBer.He had his limits & like you said got exposed.
I’m not sold on T. Howard,but the 2 year contract speaks volumes on there direction.Rewarding a player like TH reflects well with other Ram draft picks.Those are the core players who game in & game out are striving for there next contract..
I apologize if I come away to harse.