Blow it up, or a few key changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Blow what up?

You got Goff.
Quinn, Ogletree, Brokers, Barron, Donald and Gaines will be around because of contracts and talent.

Goff, Gurley, Austin, Kendricks, Higbee, Cooper, Havenstien and most of last year's rookie O Lineman.

Rosters change over pretty fast in todays NFL. Rams have made both financial and draft capital investment and will have to build around most of them. They Rams have to build up the roster.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Somewhere in the middle. We have several talented pieces on D, and we have a rookie QB and a RB with very high ceilings. But we have abysmally bad coaching that has made everybody look as bad as they possibly could, and that is masking the talent of those we should keep.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Must keep (talent): Gurley, Donald, Ogletree, Brockers, Hekker

Must keep (too much invested to cut ties so soon): Goff

Everyone else I'm indifferent to and wouldn't care if they were shipped out. Blow it up. This team is sick to its core. It needs an entire new look and shake up. Which, sadly, will be hard to execute successfully without a 1st round draft pick.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Blow up the offensive side of the ball.

I would cut Barnes, Winchmann, Quick, Battle, Britt, Saffold, Kendricks and Keemun (don't renew him).

Draft a Center, two WRs, TE, two Guards and a FB.

On the defensive side, draft a Hybrid LB/DE, FS, RDE, two new Corners and a SLB.

Coaches to get rid of: everyone except Bones.

Hire David Shaw of Stanford as HC.

FIFY:sneaky:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Adam Gase took the 6-10 phins to a playoff team on this year so it can be done

Get rid of GW ... get some CBs rebuild the offense new coaching staff and we might hit .500 next year

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Personally I still think theres a lot of talent on this team, and its pretty amazing how good coaching can make team look so much better

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally I still think theres a lot of talent on this team, and its pretty amazing how good coaching can make team look so much better
That's where I'm at.
2016 was a jail break shidt show. But the team is much better talent wise than this. For all the 7-9 bull crap jokes, the Rams were a perennial underachieving 7 win team. Which is not far from a playoff team with better coaching

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Going into the season I may have agreed with you. Right now I feel as if I overrated the talent specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
It's gotta be blown up, and I don't like it, but it does.

We've got players pretty openly showing or straight up acknowledging to the media that they've quit on this team and I don't think the ownership will have the cajones to hire an authoritarian to take it back the other direction.

If it means seeing some familiar faces getting moved in the offseason, it's unfortunate, but probably for the better.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Blow up what? Who?

Who was it that hired Devany, Linehan, and Spags? Then Fisher along with Snead?

Is this same person going to be making the call on the next GM and HC? Haven't they already, and repeatedly, demonstrated a complete inability to make wise choice(s)? Why should we trust them to get it right this time?

Why have all these coaches failed so miserably with the Rams? Linehan and Spags were very successful before their Ram tenure, and have gone on to succeed elsewhere after it.

Is/are there problem(s) above the GM/HC level which have caused this dreadful decades long track record of losing season after losing season?

I think there has to be.

Until this is addressed, we might as well just put some HC and GM candidates names on a dart board, don a blindfold, and let 'em fly and where they land is who we get.

Going off memory here so correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Linehan a Ziggy hire? I'll give you Devaney but I believe HE was responsible for Spags and unless I'm mistaken Kroenke had a lot to say about the Fisher and Snead hires.

So far I believe they are approaching this change and search the right way, first by letting Fisher go when they did to give them a jump on other teams in the market for new HC's. Unfortunately, the move has affected the product on the field in a negative way but it shows who has the will and desire to to play hard through the adversity.

They need to get this right and there are good candidates to take over this team and get them to play at a higher level. Nothing suggests to me that things cannot improve through making better choices.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm blowing up Kevin Demoff & Les Snead, first. Get the new FO in here....New Coaches...because they may be able to save some guys I want off the team like Goff, Tavon, and the entire offensive line, and every cornerback.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
You gotta blow some of it up. Every player and all management should be on notice that this shit can't happen. Messages in the form of firings and cuts need to be sent by the owner and the new regime.
The new bosses need to have it known, immediately, that bullshit like what we've all been watching won't be tolerated.
In good organizations, looking pitiful for long stretches of time just isn't an option. It's unacceptable from the owner on down.
I often wonder if our owner gets as pissed off as a lot our fans (me) do after a game like yesterday's. I sure hope so.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A team can only do so much, so fast, the way the league works.

We've got some pieces in place. New coaches/schemes could suddenly make Goff, Gurley, and Austin into key weapons on offense to build around.

That said... I also feel we've overvalued some guys and that might be where some tougher moves come from. Guys like Trumaine, Saffold, and Kendricks could find themselves on the wrong side of the pay vs performance scale. Quinn's got to sweat it out too.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I can vision several new starters on both sides of the ball. We have to put faith in the new regime to sort it all out in Free Agency and the Draft.

Even without a First Round pick in the 2017 Draft, they will have high selections in the 2nd, *3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th rounds.

* - If the Rams get a compensatory pick in the third round of the 2017 draft for Jenoris Jenkins, the third-round pick sent to Tennessee will be the compensatory selection, not the standard third-round pick assigned to Los Angeles. If the Rams don’t get a third-round compensatory pick, the Titans get the Rams’ regular third-round pick, and the Titans seventh-round pick will go to L.A.

It's going to be a "TALL" order to patch up the 2017 roster for the new GM/HC

animated-gifs-19-03.gif

EastRam

Pro Bowler
This Rams team is very talented. If we get lucky and hire the right coach and re-assign Demoff.

This will be a Harbaugh style 1 year turn around.

At this level coaching trumps talent.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
A team can only do so much, so fast, the way the league works.

We've got some pieces in place. New coaches/schemes could suddenly make Goff, Gurley, and Austin into key weapons on offense to build around.

That said... I also feel we've overvalued some guys and that might be where some tougher moves come from. Guys like Trumaine, Saffold, and Kendricks could find themselves on the wrong side of the pay vs performance scale. Quinn's got to sweat it out too.

Quinn needs to take a pay cut or be gone. I'm ready to move on from Saffold. Kendricks is serviceable, but I'd like our new regime to get Higbee more involved.

I think we overvalue Barron; I don't see the new staff keeping a 220lb outside linebacker. Too bad he already got paid.