Blow it up, or a few key changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
I'm just going to pose the question and not really build a case one way or another. Should this team be blown up, or with a new coaching staff and a couple of key pieces is this a playoff team?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before today, I'd have said we're a playoff team with a couple key pieces.Now, I lean more towards blow it up. I don't think either are 100% correct. It's somewhere in the middle.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As of right now?

Nuke23.gif

Maybe in a few weeks I'll have a different opinion.
This isn't the time for articulate analyses.

Debacled

Starter
Usually not a fan of blowing a team up just to blow it up. Especially when being quite short on picks for the next draft...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A couple draft picks on the OLine, a WR, a CB and a DE and a veteran WR and a couple veteran OLine and I'll take this team with a quality change to the coaching staff.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
IMO, other than Goff, Gurley, and Donald no one should feel safe about playing for this team in 2017.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
blow it up. big time.
start with les snead.
try to get a second or maybe late first for gurley.
mike slver said hue is high on goff.
good, trade him to the browns for the eagles pick.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Blow up what? Who?

Who was it that hired Devany, Linehan, and Spags? Then Fisher along with Snead?

Is this same person going to be making the call on the next GM and HC? Haven't they already, and repeatedly, demonstrated a complete inability to make wise choice(s)? Why should we trust them to get it right this time?

Why have all these coaches failed so miserably with the Rams? Linehan and Spags were very successful before their Ram tenure, and have gone on to succeed elsewhere after it.

Is/are there problem(s) above the GM/HC level which have caused this dreadful decades long track record of losing season after losing season?

I think there has to be.

Until this is addressed, we might as well just put some HC and GM candidates names on a dart board, don a blindfold, and let 'em fly and where they land is who we get.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
blow up the base (if that makes sense). If we had a competent offensive line then we would be a fringe playoff team. Build an o line that can set the tempo and then draft some secondary help. Our defensive line is nowhere near as scary as advertised but they are still a top 10-15 unit. Linebackers are decent. The secondary, receivers, and lineman need upgrading.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Blow up the offensive side of the ball.

I would cut Barnes, Winchmann, Quick, Battle, Britt, Saffold, Kendricks and Keemun (don't renew him).

Draft a Center, two WRs, TE, two Guards and a FB.

On the defensive side, draft a Hybrid LB/DE, FS, RDE, two new Corners and a SLB.

Coaches to get rid of: Boras, Boudreaux, Weinke.

Hire David Shaw of Stanford as HC.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I'm not sure how we could blow it up even if we wanted to--limited draft picks, and the way the new bargaining agreement is, we'd really only be able to get 5th year or older players, and any good player going into their 5th+ year is going to get seriously paid. (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I just don't see how we could restock that way and see any improvement.

Bruce2980

Starter
is that a Trump tweet?

View attachment 18223

I'll hit inappropriate button on myself :LOL:
I thought it was McCain, he likes to blow shit up, he even sings songs about it.

I'd say after today, blow it up, but I really do believe that this team has completely quit as Gurley has indicated, and I'm not sure the DC is helping matters either. So I hope calmer minds prevail and can sort it out after watching 12 hrs of film for the next 6 months to decide what the hell is going on here. Good luck, without coaches confessing to what is going on it's a mess with no clear answers.

Last edited:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Today was a real eye opener for me as a long time fan . Donald and Tree are two guys on the D that can't be replaced and the whole offense is garbage . If Goff is a bust we are stuck in this crap show for several more years . They are not even close to turning this around no matter who they hire . The lack of effort has me the most disgusted right now .
That being said everyone have a Merry Christmas and enjoy family time . I've learned in the past few weeks that Rams football isn't worth getting upset anymore because it's a never ending story at this point .

Bruce2980

Starter
IMO, other than Goff, Gurley, and Donald no one should feel safe about playing for this team in 2017.
Don't forget the office. Anyone that came here from ST Louis, can em, send them packing, hire new personnel from the sectaries on up, get Shanahans here and do everything they say, if they say burn some sage, go burn some damn sage. This rat hole smells a curse.

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
After we hire our new HC and his staff, which can't come soon enough, make some changes...especially on offense (linemen and receivers). On defense, maybe a DE and a DB. See who we can get in free agency or thru trade and then address what's left thru the draft. This season can't end soon enough. Hoping for a better season next year (again).