Blow it up, or a few key changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
As fitting as it sounds, blowing up the entire team just isn't realistically an option. What is realistic is listening to offers for anybody on the current roster. Nobody should feel safe on this team. Nobody. Believe me, I don't want to see some of the top guys we have leave, but, and it's a big but, if we can get returns that make the team better than the one player I'd have think hard about pulling the trigger.

SacRAManiac

Rookie
When Jimmy Johnson took over the Cowboys in 1989 the first thing he did was approach Michael Irvin a former college player of his and Michael Irvin informed him of which players had quit midseason --the next coach needs to get with the captains of the team Ogletree Donald and Gurley and find out who quit and who is worth sticking around then at that point you have to start replacing other players on the roster to break that losing mentality. Albeit under the dictation of the salary cap. Which we have 41 mill to play with Lastly and most important. Nail draft picks. Go back and look at the last five years since 2012 we have draft picks that are not in the NFL are injured not even on our roster some are dead

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As fans, we have this:
Personally I still think theres a lot of talent on this team,
This Rams team is very talented.

And then, we have this:
Right now I feel as if I overrated the talent

But then we have this:
We are close.

My point is... as fans, we really aren't in a position to actually KNOW how much talent is on this team right now. We THINK we know... but the record is what it is and is further muddied by the acknowledgement that the players have quit.

That's why my vote would be to blow the entire thing up. Kroneke is a well connected businessman. As such, I'm pretty sure he has lots of connections in the NFL owners circle. If he's smart (and I think he is), he should lean on some of his collegues in that circle for some advice.

I guess Demoff can stay but ONLY to manage the cap and do other organizational chores.

Snead needs to go. I know it's difficult to determine how much input he had on building this roster, but he is guilty by association as far as I am concerned.

New front office with established leaders of NFL franchises.

New coaching staff of experienced, successful leaders and proven ability to develop players, scheme and adjustments.

I'm blowing up Kevin Demoff & Les Snead, first. Get the new FO in here....New Coaches...because they may be able to save some guys I want off the team like Goff, Tavon, and the entire offensive line, and every cornerback.
Yes. Let the new regime determine who stays and who goes... no sacred cows here. Every single player is evaluated by knowledgable, capable, experienced people and they determine who remains.
Hey LA, they may decide to jettison some of the guys you like ;)

Pretty much the same problem this team has been dealing with for a decade. You have to build a team from the lines out. First priority the Oline. Decide on a scheme get someone who can teach it and slowly change out the talent to build a good line, then a great oline. Nothing on offense can happen without that first.
Yes, yes, yes and freaking yes.

Fisher tried to do this... and I'll give him credit for trying. But he just wasn't good at eyeing good Oline talent and seemed to ignore the fact that players weren't progressing (Boudreau) and do something about that. Not likely, but we may have a decent line right now for all we know.

But one thing is certain in my mind: We must find out ASAP and that requires a quality, experienced FO and coaching staff.

Blow it up is my vote.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Snead needs to go. I know it's difficult to determine how much input he had on building this roster, but he is guilty by association as far as I am concerned

Snead reported to the all knowing, all seeing Fisher. It's called organizational hierarchy. It's simply going backwards to blow things up. Snead knows the team better than anyone they could bring in. The new coach will need his institutional knowledge.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead reported to the all knowing, all seeing Fisher. It's called organizational hierarchy. It's simply going backwards to blow things up. Snead knows the team better than anyone they could bring in. The new coach will need his institutional knowledge.
If Fisher had all this control, then Snead basically knows very little. So, what could he possibly tell the new staff about the players ability? He's not coaching them... he's not analyzing tape on them.

Besides, I wouldn't want the new staff doing anything other than analyzing each player independently, through their own lens, then making decisions. A new set of eyes, if you will.

IMO, he's expendable.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
If Fisher had all this control, then Snead basically knows very little. So, what could he possibly tell the new staff about the players ability? He's not coaching them... he's not analyzing tape on them.

Besides, I wouldn't want the new staff doing anything other than analyzing each player independently, through their own lens, then making decisions. A new set of eyes, if you will.

IMO, he's expendable.

Well then, we'll have to agree to disagree because I think Snead is an asset to the organization and is in no way expendable. He does watch tape, has evaluations of the current roster, and knows the immeasurable aspects of the player's characters to boot.

The issue was always that he was Fisher's underling.

Chalk it up to on the job training, recognize that to have a good football team we need consistency in the FO, hire Todd Haley and let's go win some games!

:double: