BleacherReport Writer Thinks We're Going to Cut William Hayes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sorry if this was already posted, I searched but didn't see anything. But I'm also retarded. This is hilarious.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-nfl-teams-most-difficult-roster-cut/page/27

St. Louis Rams: DE William Hayes

hi-res-2f04943cff9e422a634c8f5ce64cde8d_crop_north.jpg

USA TODAY Sports
There are several ways to describe the St. Louis Rams’ situation on the defensive line.

How about loaded?

It’s the kind of talent that has helped Jeff Fisher’s team produce an imposing 105 sacks the past two seasons combined. This past season, Rams defenders came up with 53 quarterback traps, one year after getting to opposing passers 52 times.

Now that’s consistency. And Hayes was a big part of that last season, totaling five sacks, two fumble recoveries, one interception and three passes defensed.

But the former Tennessee Titans performer signed a three-year, $10.25 million deal in 2013. The Rams are already loaded on the defensive line, led by former first-rounders Robert Quinn, Chris Long and Michael Brockers. And given the fact this offseason the Rams added free-agent Alex Carrington and drafted Aaron Donald in the first round and Michael Sam in the seventh round, Hayes may no longer be an affordable commodity.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The only thing that keeps Hayes off of this team would be an inability to overcome his nagging injuries. I think the only thing he doesn't have a brace on is his teeth. But if he comes out of camp healthy, then he's not going anywhere. Because he's a straight up beast. His value to the locker room is also vastly underrated. You can't buy that kind of mentor.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Thinking is a pretty generous word there. Especially in reference to the Bleacher Report.

F. Mulder

Starter
Some would argue that Hayes was more starter quality than some other players. He is a Fisher fave and comes up big when needed. He is the least of my worries. I wonder if Sims might be a surprise cut??

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
All I can say is when William Hayes is on his game he makes plays all day long! Hayes can play any DL position well.....that is a very rare commodity! Hayes is just as good vs the run as he is beating the Ol for a sack. Hayes if healthy is a top level LDE in the NFL.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If not for Chris Long and Quinn, Hayes would be a starter on this team. He could start for most teams actually.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Yeah, that's not going to happen. One of the better 4-3 pass rushers and we have him as a backup. He also has the versatility to jump inside on passing downs, thought that role may be decreasing with the addition of Aaron Donald.

If any of the DEs are getting cut from last year's squad it'll be Sims.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, that's not going to happen. One of the better 4-3 pass rushers and we have him as a backup. He also has the versatility to jump inside on passing downs, thought that role may be decreasing with the addition of Aaron Donald.

If any of the DEs are getting cut from last year's squad it'll be Sims.

And I doubt that would be a cut, but a trade. And even that is unlikely.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
wtf. .. all of our players must necessarily pass through the Titans?
does anyone have the exact number of players who took them? I believe that should be 887564...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The hell is up with the recent barrage of terrible, terrible articles?