BleacherReport Writer Thinks We're Going to Cut William Hayes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Didn't Hayes sorta take a pay cut to be part of what's happening?

Cut William Hayes?

Next

I don't think he took a pay cut... But he didn't chase the dollar and signed in STL for more reasons than money.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We aren't cutting Hayes for Sam. I know it's just your guess. Sam is trying to make the rotation, Hayes is a entrenched as a #2 DE. See the difference? It's flat wrong, man.

4 guys that are 100% safe at DE- Long, Quinn, Hayes, and Sims. They're going nowhere. I'd put every ROD dollar I have on it.
Yes, it is(would be).

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Sims has developed into a very nice player as well, when he was drafted I was sure the other DE taken with him would be the better player...man was I wrong...the other guy washed out after a season or two, while Sims could start for a good # of teams.

Were you wrong? I'm sure your referring to George Selvie. He's still in the league, starting for the cowboys actually. 10 career sacks or so I believe. Not a stud by any means, but for a seventh round pick he's doing just fine.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Sorry if this was already posted, I searched but didn't see anything. But I'm also retarded. This is hilarious.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-nfl-teams-most-difficult-roster-cut/page/27

St. Louis Rams: DE William Hayes

hi-res-2f04943cff9e422a634c8f5ce64cde8d_crop_north.jpg

USA TODAY Sports
There are several ways to describe the St. Louis Rams’ situation on the defensive line.

How about loaded?

It’s the kind of talent that has helped Jeff Fisher’s team produce an imposing 105 sacks the past two seasons combined. This past season, Rams defenders came up with 53 quarterback traps, one year after getting to opposing passers 52 times.

Now that’s consistency. And Hayes was a big part of that last season, totaling five sacks, two fumble recoveries, one interception and three passes defensed.

But the former Tennessee Titans performer signed a three-year, $10.25 million deal in 2013. The Rams are already loaded on the defensive line, led by former first-rounders Robert Quinn, Chris Long and Michael Brockers. And given the fact this offseason the Rams added free-agent Alex Carrington and drafted Aaron Donald in the first round and Michael Sam in the seventh round, Hayes may no longer be an affordable commodity.

Do folks watch games anymore/