Beyond Fisher, Demoff indicates "house cleaning"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
You mean Fisher's son won't be coaching the DBs next year? I mean the CBs have lit it up with a grand total of 1 INT.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'm excited and nervous about this all at the same time. On one hand I'm glad to see our current staff exiting the building.
It wasn't working, we can all agree on that.
On the other hand We really have to do this next chapter right. Things could get much better, we could hire the next coaching super star or we could screw it right up and be an even worse team than the Fisher Rams.
When do these coaching interviews generally start ? Now ? Or do we have to wait until the NFL/College seasons end ?

Have to wait until said coaching candidate season is over or get permission from said team

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think Snead will be back, I have a feeling that Fisher was the one calling the shots on who was drafted and who was brought in as FA's. Not that it gives Snead a free pass but I think it gives him breathing room.

I think he "might" stick until the draft is finished...But it seems it depends on the next hire. Sorta feel bad for him.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Which makes sense. Depending on who the head coach will be, the org has to all be in one direction. I'd prefer they hire the GM position first, since Demoff is not a true GM type guy, but there's no ONE way to do it.

We are hearing in the media that names are lining up for this job. It's gonna be a buyer's market and I pray they take advantage with a strong and decisive hiring.

There's a pretty good consensus going around, as well, with the top options on different boards and in the media I think. And there will surely be some surprises, guys who nobody expected to want in this thing, due to the attractiveness of location, owner, and the roster. And given that, I still have a feeling that Mike Shanahan will be looked at very hard for a few reasons: One, he's a disciplinarian. Two he's a seasoned head coach who has won Super Bowls. Three his offense would make Gurley into a fearsome force. Not my top choice by any means, but again I think Stan is going to have him on that list.

Do you think that Shanahan is really up to speed on handling the modern NFL? I don't. But I'm curious why you seem to like him? I could just be biased because of the whole RG3 ordeal. And purhaps I'm over reaching based on what he did there in general.

I'm sure I'm also just tired of old retread coaches like the one we just parted ways with.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
New big named coach is going to want front office control and their guy in the GM spot. Snead is gone most likely.

I agree with you. I'm just hoping he's given one more 'prove it' year under another HC for a bit of continuity.

Also, we don't have many draft picks coming up so it's feasible. And if you look at our ability to hit on UDFA, our scouting department looks good.

All of this is assuming he didn't make the TA decision.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree with you. I'm just hoping he's given one more 'prove it' year under another HC for a bit of continuity.

Also, we don't have many draft picks coming up so it's feasible. And if you look at our ability to hit on UDFA, our scouting department looks good.

All of this is assuming he didn't make the TA decision.

They should have everything but a first. The Goff trade was not as devastating as people like to claim. They may get a third or fourth for McLeod and the third for Jenkins will go to Tennessee. So, they should at least have rounds 2,3,4,4,5,6,7

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They should have everything but a first. The Goff trade was not as devastating as people like to claim. They may get a third or fourth for McLeod and the third for Jenkins will go to Tennessee. So, they should at least have rounds 2,3,4,4,5,6,7
Not bad if the people doing the picking make the selections count.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Do you think that Shanahan is really up to speed on handling the modern NFL? I don't. But I'm curious why you seem to like him? I could just be biased because of the whole RG3 ordeal. And purhaps I'm over reaching based on what he did there in general.

I'm sure I'm also just tired of old retread coaches like the one we just parted ways with.

I don't like him as our head coach. I think the Rams will have him on their list. Thought that was clear, even included a disclaimer to be clear.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think he "might" stick until the draft is finished...But it seems it depends on the next hire. Sorta feel bad for him.

Snead's as good as gone. They're not going to protect him in the coaching search because it will turn off the best candidates and KD said as much. There's a chance whoever they pick likes him or knows him perhaps, but I'd say he's a longshot to stick now.

What I read in KD's message was they wanted to get their hire in that Jan 10th window if possible, but were willing to wait for the right guy. By that point they'll know whether Les will be part of the new vision and he'll most likely be on his merry way with that severance check just like Fish.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Someone's gonna pick up Snead and they'll be in for a treat if he moves on to another team.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
If somehow Snead survives this and is involved with the selection of the next head coach, it will tell volumes about who really made the bad roster decisions. I would go as far as saying Snead would have to have specifically objected to some of the worst moves, but was overridden by Fisher.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Good point. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

FRO

Legend
Snead has to go too. You can't credit him for all the good selections and blame Fisher for all the bad one. They are tied together. 12 top 100 picks used on offensive players with 4 of those in the top 10 and you can only muster the league's worst offense. It's not like talent is shinning through the poor scheme, it isn't. Snead had a golden opportunity to help build a quality roster and he didn't.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think Snead will be back, I have a feeling that Fisher was the one calling the shots on who was drafted and who was brought in as FA's. Not that it gives Snead a free pass but I think it gives him breathing room.

I hope he's back too.

Something tells me that nobody will be taking any plays off for the next 3 weeks. Players or coaches.

Yuppers, this is a three game interview/audition right now.

New big named coach is going to want front office control and their guy in the GM spot. Snead is gone most likely.

I hope they aren't foolish enough to give a HC the ability to hire his boss. That has never made sense to me.

Can kevin fire himself? That would be another good move.

You need to post more fucknuts. ;)

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I ho. he's back too.

Yuppinars, this is a three game interview/audition right now.

I hope they aren't foolish enough to give a HC the ability to hire his boss. That has never made sense to me.

You need to post more fucknuts. ;)

Why should I. You can get into trouble without me. But I did get a couple inappropriates in this thread. :shocking:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Why should I. You can get into trouble without me. But I did get a couple inappropriates in this thread. :shocking:

I need more of you in my spankbank that's why.

Just do as your told for a change willya???

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I need more of you in my spankbank that's why.

Just do as your told for a change willya???

I see X is posting again. What ya do beg him? Losing all your posting buddies.:grouphug:

Is it just me or did this board get younger.