Beyond Fisher, Demoff indicates "house cleaning"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I'm excited and nervous about this all at the same time. On one hand I'm glad to see our current staff exiting the building.
It wasn't working, we can all agree on that.
On the other hand We really have to do this next chapter right. Things could get much better, we could hire the next coaching super star or we could screw it right up and be an even worse team than the Fisher Rams.
When do these coaching interviews generally start ? Now ? Or do we have to wait until the NFL/College seasons end ?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think Snead will be back, I have a feeling that Fisher was the one calling the shots on who was drafted and who was brought in as FA's. Not that it gives Snead a free pass but I think it gives him breathing room.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also said Something in the pressed that alarmed and spoke about competing in the division .... I don't want another team that is built to beat our division rivals .... we have had that 4/5 years ... and it got us nowhere get me a team that's built to win period

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Something tells me that nobody will be taking any plays off for the next 3 weeks. Players or coaches.

Good.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Considering his title was assistant head coach and he didn't get the interim job, I would say that writing is on the wall
That's Dave McGinnis.
You hear that name a lot, because ....
Wait. You never hear that name. Like, ever.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Which makes sense. Depending on who the head coach will be, the org has to all be in one direction. I'd prefer they hire the GM position first, since Demoff is not a true GM type guy, but there's no ONE way to do it.

We are hearing in the media that names are lining up for this job. It's gonna be a buyer's market and I pray they take advantage with a strong and decisive hiring.

There's a pretty good consensus going around, as well, with the top options on different boards and in the media I think. And there will surely be some surprises, guys who nobody expected to want in this thing, due to the attractiveness of location, owner, and the roster. And given that, I still have a feeling that Mike Shanahan will be looked at very hard for a few reasons: One, he's a disciplinarian. Two he's a seasoned head coach who has won Super Bowls. Three his offense would make Gurley into a fearsome force. Not my top choice by any means, but again I think Stan is going to have him on that list.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Difference is that Ernie Adams is Belichick's Skunk Works.

Dave McGinnis is just another skunk

Sorry. That seems like a personal shot. Funny...but wrong.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Boras is on life support and the plug will be pulled soon...I wouldn't mind seeing all but Fassel head down the road...If it's going to be a blood letting, might as well do it right...New coaches usually want their own guys, so the head shed might not have to do much more...I would like a couple of guys living off their past reputations to move along...I've tired of the horrible inconsistency of William's D and I have no more use for the O line coach, whose name I butcher every time I try to spell...

Last edited:

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Which makes sense. Depending on who the head coach will be, the org has to all be in one direction. I'd prefer they hire the GM position first, since Demoff is not a true GM type guy, but there's no ONE way to do it.

Do you mean Snead? He's the GM. Demoff is the COO. I actually really like Demoff. I was sitting next to a guy yesterday who got season tix prior to the "Official date" As we all know, there was an "A" list. Anyways, he met Demoff at the draft day extravaganza and told him what a great fan he had been. Having season tix in the Lou and an old LA Rams fan. At the end of the discussion Demoff told him to email him about season tix. He did, and was forwarded to another organization employee and got his season tickets. All prior to the Official date.

Point is...I've heard a heck of a lot of stories that are similar to this regarding Demoff. Which I see as a COO who knows "Smart business"

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
New big named coach is going to want front office control and their guy in the GM spot. Snead is gone most likely.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Do you mean Snead? He's the GM. Demoff is the COO.

Snead is in limbo. Until they announce him as that GM his job is up in the air. My point is Demoff NEEDS a good GM. Whether Snead is that, I don't know, and his job depends on who they hire too possibly.