Better Tandem For Stl... Watkins/lewan Or Robinson/evans?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Better tandem for STL..

• Total voters

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
didn't realize their were serious question marks about his ability to play LT

he's no Jason Smith.... :cautious:
We hope...

Obviously if we knew Jason Smith was going to be... Jason Smith (though injuries were a big part of his decline), we would have never drafted him at all, let alone at #2.

Robinson may have a high ceiling, but there is higher than normal risk there.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Robinson/Evans. I don't want a psychopath like Lewan anywhere near this team.

iced

Having a hard time believin' that Evans makes it to 13. Bills, Lions, Titans, Giants (if Nicks is gone) all could be in play, depending on how things shake out (Free Agency)

ausmurp

Starter
Watkins and Lewan. Robinson has terrible family which could cause off field issues. Plus we don't need a OT as much as we need a LG, and Lewan at LG at pick 13 makes a lot more sense to me.

ausmurp

Starter
I posted in another thread about Robinsin's potential future off field issues... A lot of potential there based on family history and it scares me MORE than Lewan. I'll post again:

2 older brothers in and out of federal prison for DRUGS. Owes people $ he borrowed to help mother and younger siblings afford rent.

I'm not sure how Robinson hype has put him in top 3 but id take Lewan over him no hesitation.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I posted in another thread about Robinsin's potential future off field issues... A lot of potential there based on family history and it scares me MORE than Lewan. I'll post again:

2 older brothers in and out of federal prison for DRUGS. Owes people $ he borrowed to help mother and younger siblings afford rent.

I'm not sure how Robinson hype has put him in top 3 but id take Lewan over him no hesitation.
You can make the argument that it makes Robinson even more impressive given that he overcame all that, and was considered a hard working player.

I remember last season before the draft people were talking about the upbringing that Tavon Austin had (lived in a very tough neighborhood where many of his friends became gang bangers and were in and out of jail) and that his past would cause problems. Well, so far that hasn't been an issue...OK, I'll knock on wood after writing that

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

And Lewan sent a text message to a girl that threatened to "rape her again" just because she went to the police after his roommate - since expelled - raped her. He assaulted a rival fan (Ohio State) for absolutely no reason and without any provocation. He committed plays on the field against Michigan State that were so dirty that Kyle Turley and Conrad Dobler would be shaking their heads in disgust. Do you honest to fate want someone like that representing our football team? How does something that barely even involved Robinson (his brothers being in prison for drugs) come close to what Lewan actually has done?

You can make the argument that it makes Robinson even more impressive given that he overcame all that, and was considered a hard working player.

I remember last season before the draft people were talking about the upbringing that Tavon Austin had (lived in a very tough neighborhood where many of his friends became gang bangers and were in and out of jail) and that his past would cause problems. Well, so far that hasn't been an issue...OK, I'll knock on wood after writing that

That's how I view it, if you can overcome the influence of your closest family then you can overcome the influence of a few idiots in the locker room (not that we have any, but you never know).

And Lewan sent a text message to a girl that threatened to "rape her again" just because she went to the police after his roommate - since expelled - raped her. He assaulted a rival fan (Ohio State) for absolutely no reason and without any provocation. He committed plays on the field against Michigan State that were so dirty that Kyle Turley and Conrad Dobler would be shaking their heads in disgust. Do you honest to fate want someone like that representing our football team? How does something that barely even involved Robinson (his brothers being in prison for drugs) come close to what Lewan actually has done?

Yeah but Lewan's brother is a good guy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'll stick with the OG OP, Robinson/Evans.

Rare talents/size, at both positions, and very competitive when the ball is live.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Agreed. I'm actually surprised this thing is even close.:eek:
I was surprised too. To me, I thought it was an unfair question, but the allure of Watkins seems to have a lot of people crazy about him. When I say crazy, I just mean, big time fans of his.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I was surprised too. To me, I thought it was an unfair question, but the allure of Watkins seems to have a lot of people crazy about him. When I say crazy, I just mean, big time fans of his.
The more I hear about Lewan, the more I'd prefer a Watkins/ [Yankey or Su'a-Flio] scenario.... but those two may be climbing into an area where they'd be a reach at #13, but won't fall to the 2nd round.

But it would appear most just have the opinion of wanting a #1 guy (which Evans might not be) over a tackle we don't need right now and would play at guard.

If Robinson was a "once in a decade" level guy, it might be different. But since he's not, the "BPA informed by Need" philosophy tells us we need a #1 WR, and we don't need a LT. In a future year, we will, and can draft him then.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The more I hear about Lewan, the more I'd prefer a Watkins/ [Yankey or Su'a-Flio] scenario.... but those two may be climbing into an area where they'd be a reach at #13, but won't fall to the 2nd round.

But it would appear most just have the opinion of wanting a #1 guy (which Evans might not be) over a tackle we don't need right now and would play at guard.

If Robinson was a "once in a decade" level guy, it might be different. But since he's not, the "BPA informed by Need" philosophy tells us we need a #1 WR, and we don't need a LT. In a future year, we will, and can draft him then.
And that is where we disagree, respectfully, I think Robinson IS that guy. He's a monster. His tape shows rare skills, and strength, IMO. BTW, he seems to be a very polarizing guy. I'll admit that.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
And that is where we disagree, respectfully, I think Robinson IS that guy. He's a monster. His tape shows rare skills, and strength, IMO. BTW, he seems to be a very polarizing guy. I'll admit that.
And if the Rams draft him, I will absolutely hope you're right. But it shouldn't be shocking that most respondents to the poll seem to disagree.

If we didn't have Long, I think the decision would be a lot more clear-cut. But I think Fisher/Snead know that if they draft a tackle, they'd be seen as admitting Long's signing was a blunder.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
And if the Rams draft him, I will absolutely hope you're right. But it shouldn't be shocking that most respondents to the poll seem to disagree.

If we didn't have Long, I think the decision would be a lot more clear-cut. But I think Fisher/Snead know that if they draft a tackle, they'd be seen as admitting Long's signing was a blunder.
I don't see it that way at all. I'm talking BPA's and their NFL value by teams. I would be fine drafting him as the next Larry Allen at guard, he's that rare to me. Last year, I didn't see the Alabama kid as that, and I said it repeatedly.

jjab360

Legend

lolwut? What do Robinson's brothers have to do with this? And if anything, I think his dedication to his family should show how desperate he is to make it big in the NFL, sounds like he takes this opportunity seriously.

Remind me again how any of what you posted scares you more than Lewan threating to rape a rape victim? :confused:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Watkins and Lewan please...each player is superior to the alternative option individually...so together the better option is clearly the first one!

That said I like Robinson - think he will turn out to be really good. But nothing I've seen/heard suggests Lewan isn't going to be a very good lineman.