Better Tandem For Stl... Watkins/lewan Or Robinson/evans?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Better tandem for STL..

• Total voters

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really like Watkins but Robinson over Lewan is better than Watkins over Evans IMO.

Can I have Robinson (after a trade down), Clinton-Dix (after another trade down), Verrett, Jordan Matthews, Gabe Jackson, all in the 1st two rounds, with Saffold signed in FA? No. I don't want to play anymore :cry:.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't like Lewan as an OLT. I realy hunk he would be best on the Right side. Could be that Robinson ends up best at OLG.

Watkins all day at WR. Evans? Hard to read. If he was a good route runner and more agile to make cuts, then he and Sammy. Would be 1a and 1b. But they are not.

Sammy to Sammy has a nice ring to it anyway. If there is a way to get Matthews plus Watkins then sign me up.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Matthews and whoever for me, plug and play ,potential is the coach killer

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I feel Watkins is can't miss and don't feel the same about Evans.

So in this poll, I take the Watkins combo.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Robinson/Evans is a better combo. However, I'm convinced we would not pick Lewan at 13.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'm not as high on watkins as others but he is growing on me. would love for him to shove the football in Shermans face after burning him for a tD, but I think the combo watkins Lewan with watkins is the better overall combo. I see Evans as a good wR and fairly productive but no where like a straight #1 guy

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Neither.

Assuming no trades, then it has to be Matthews and Clinton-Dix.

To answer the question, though:

Robinson/Evans

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think the gap between Robinson and Lewan is greater than the one between Watkins and Evans.

So I would take Robinson and Evans.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I haven't heard one draft guru say they didn't love Watkins.

I did hear Cosell say he didn't like Evans.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
14-8 Watkins-Lewan as of this post... I kept hearing how the majority around here wanted Robinson with the first pick... ;)

Teasing aside, I think we have a great opportunity with Lewan other teams might not have. We have his idol (Jake Long) under contract. Fisher telling Long to tell Lewan to fly right might have a definite effect.

I would want to know more about Lewan's legal problems though.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Robinson and a Safety.

I voted for Robinson/Evans to play along... But I'm not sold on Evans. Whereas I think Robinson is a future 10 year pro-bowl lock down type player.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
didn't realize their were serious question marks about his ability to play LT
It's all in the feet and the balance.
We're not all going to agree all the time but sometimes recorded footage speaks louder than words.

A55VA6

Legend
Watkins/Lewan. But I do feel like Robinson could become one of the best GAURDS in the league. Evans is talented but a lot of his big plays were manufactured by Manziels escape ability and Evans breaking away from his route.