Best place in US to live

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yeah, Asheville in and of itself is kinda meh unless you're walking around downtown or driving up the blue ridge parkway.
Gorgeous scenery up there.

I didnt know you moved Paul. I could be off, but weren't you living in the Tampa area?

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
image.jpg
image.jpg
I think if I got to choose where I lived, I'm going Montana. Just imagine your 1000 acre homestead here. No town specific. I'm a man among nature, not City borders.

Athos

Legend
In my youth, more the city still. But not those outrageous cost of living cities like Chicago, LA, NY, etc, etc. Rather be in the burbs close enough to go into the city for a weekend trip or some such.

With a family, probably a lil farther out, but not too much. I've been super comfortable in the Midwest, but when I get older, my knees are really gonna need somewhere warmer.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Well right now I live just west of Chicago, and it pretty much sucks.

I have family down in Naples, Florida and it's beautiful there. But I have always wanted to live in the San Diego, CA area.

Shit is too expensive up here in the Windy City. I may move back to my metro east town down around St. Louis soon. Or, I'll be moving to Dallas with the rest of my family.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I do like that there aren't bugs in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA but I want some liberty so I won't be living in CA ever.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not like there are bugs other places

What kinda bugs we talkin bout. Just today as I was cleaning up some of the acreage, I saw probably 200 wolf spiders, one was about 3" wide. (Scared the shit out of me) also saw 3 snakes(I know it's not a bug) and the damnedest thing, I was mowing the cleared acres and saw more fucking green June beetles than I've ever seen. But I've heard that in cities...big cities that they have an issue with Bed Bugs. We don't see that around here thank god, but here and there you will see some dirty ass folks at Walmart covered in bites. I just assume that's what it is.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not like there are bugs other places

Depends on what you mean. I see inch+ sized June bugs at my work all the time, and I have been getting eaten by mosquitoes worse this year than I ever did in Georgia.

In the cities there are a lot less obviously, but there's a fair amount if you're even just a little off the beaten path. No chiggers or some of those bugs though, which is nice.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
What kinda bugs we talkin bout. Just today as I was cleaning up some of the acreage, I saw probably 200 wolf spiders, one was about 3" wide. (Scared the crap out of me) also saw 3 snakes(I know it's not a bug) and the damnedest thing, I was mowing the cleared acres and saw more freaking green June beetles than I've ever seen. But I've heard that in cities...big cities that they have an issue with Bed Bugs. We don't see that around here thank god, but here and there you will see some dirty ass folks at Walmart covered in bites. I just assume that's what it is.

Exactly what I mean no wolf spiders in LA.
Depends on what you mean. I see inch+ sized June bugs at my work all the time, and I have been getting eaten by mosquitoes worse this year than I ever did in Georgia.

In the cities there are a lot less obviously, but there's a fair amount if you're even just a little off the beaten path. No chiggers or some of those bugs though, which is nice.
Seems odd that mosquitoes would be an issue with the drought. I've never had an issue with mosquitoes in CA. Though I've only visited in the spring which felt like summer but was amazed that I could keep the door open at night without attracting flies and mosquitoes

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm thinking Toronto, Canada. Technically, it was supposed to be a part of the United States when we took over all of the British outposts in Canada in the Revolutionary War, but Canada got annexed, so...whatever.

Meh, Toronto is one big traffic jam. I'd rather stay in Brampton or nearby Hamilton if I were to choose Canada.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Exactly what I mean no wolf spiders in LA.

Seems odd that mosquitoes would be an issue with the drought. I've never had an issue with mosquitoes in CA. Though I've only visited in the spring which felt like summer but was amazed that I could keep the door open at night without attracting flies and mosquitoes

We got some rain, enough to bring them out. My work is right in the hills on the top of a pass, so we get more rain as the clouds try to rise, which led to more greenery, and thus a LOT of mosquitoes and other bugs. I bought a bug zapper and it gets completely covered in about 3 days.

Also we have wolf spiders in LA, those things are everywhere.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For a foreigner I've actually visited quite a few places in America. I really like Chicago, not sure I'd cope with the winters though. NY is a brilliant city, but if I was to leave London I'm not sure I'd want to go to another city as big with all the hassle and bustle. Great for a holiday though. I have a soft spot for LA as I lived there as a kid. I think it gets a big of a raw deal (over here anyway) as people think of downtown LA and Hollywood, yet there are some great areas. I really like Pasadena for example.

But if I was picking one place it would be San Diego. Great climate, beaches and plenty to do. Not far from LA, or a flight to Las Vegas. Anyone fancy sponsoring me so I can come over?!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
image.jpg
@LazyWinker i am scared to death of snakes, so seeing those always get me, but wolf spiders ain't gonna hurt ya. They can get big and intimidating tho. Check out this pic I took at work. And look carefully. This one was about 4"

Last edited:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
We got some rain, enough to bring them out. My work is right in the hills on the top of a pass, so we get more rain as the clouds try to rise, which led to more greenery, and thus a LOT of mosquitoes and other bugs. I bought a bug zapper and it gets completely covered in about 3 days.

Also we have wolf spiders in LA, those things are everywhere.
I suppose I was wrong when I thought Los Angeles was a bug free paradise. I'm not a big fan of LA because I don't really care too much for crowds and I am a pretty simple guy. I very much enjoyed walking downtown pass all the theaters though. It's a surreal experience that makes LA seem like it's 20 years behind the rest of the country. I was being offered tickets to see Arsenio Hall and people are handing out CD's, it was a trip back to the 90's.

But if I was picking one place it would be San Diego. Great climate, beaches and plenty to do. Not far from LA, or a flight to Las Vegas. Anyone fancy sponsoring me so I can come over?!
Our two nations should have some sort of exchange. Any exchange will be better than the one we have with Canada, they keep sending us people like Justin Beiber.

View attachment 6220 i am scared to death of snakes, so seeing those always get me, but wolf spiders ain't gonna hurt ya. They can get big and intimidating tho. Check out this pic I took at work. And look carefully. This one was about 4"

The brown recluse and black widows can be bad news. Black widows, in my experience, aren't very aggressive. They kind of get a bad reputation but I don't think anyone has died of a black widow bite in pretty much forever ago.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Probably NYC for 6 months, then somewhere warm for the next 50 years, sick of freezing my balls off for 10 months per year :(. Oh and somewhere within driving distance of a big college football team.