Best place in US to live

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The brown recluse and black widows can be bad news. Black widows, in my experience, aren't very aggressive. They kind of get a bad reputation but I don't think anyone has died of a black widow bite in pretty much forever ago.

The recluse is a big issue out here. They are pretty non aggressive but can really fuck you up. I've never had an issue with them but know people who have been bit. If you don't go to the ER immediately to get it cleaned out, it's gonna cause problems. As far as the black widow, I actually saw my first one last week. I crushed that fucker. One less chance for the kids to get bit. Scary thing about that. As I said I saw 3 snakes yesterday, 2 of them were copperheads and were under our apple tree where my kids play all the time. I'm gonna carry a 410 with me on my mower this weekend and polish these Fuckers off.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
We asked ourselves that question in 2000, did a lot of research and picked the Pacific NW. We were thinking Bellingham, WA, but after three trips where we covered Blaine (Canadian border) to Seattle and the north Olympic Peninsula we moved to Sequim, WA in 2008. The area is full of retirees from California and Alaska. 17" annual rainfall, mountains, rivers, lakes, bays, sea; a short drive from rainforest and a hundred miles of wild Pacific beaches. the climate is ideal for us and we have short trips to Victoria, Vancouver, Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia and Port Townsend.

I like where you're at - really beautiful and exactly the type of lifestyle you want

It's seems like a good #2 option
#1 being Dripping Springs Texas

God's Country

Here is a shot of my front yard

image.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I was born in Orlando but was raised in Pearl City, Hawaii until I was a teen. I don't miss living there at all.

I found my way back to Orlando and I've lived back home here since my last 2 years of HS. I love living here but there is one place that I want to live once I no longer have to work...

That place is Duck Key, FL. I visit there once every year. It has everything I want in Island living... plus there's a Publix supermarket only about 10 minutes away.

Prior to last year I would have told you that we would be living in our little "shack" on Grand Cay, Bahamas. I still got it, but the family and I may never go back after being locked up abroad.

I want my boat in the water in my backyard. It will be that way one day.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Pretty much this. We are looking at Charleston, SC or maybe somewhere near Paulie in North Cackalacka. We want to be on a lake with a boat house/slip so we can use out boat whenever we want. For summers, I will always want to be in 1000 Islands, NY, specifically Thousand Island Park. Best place on earth between June and August.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Pretty much this. We are looking at Charleston, SC or maybe somewhere near Paulie in North Cackalacka. We want to be on a lake with a boat house/slip so we can use out boat whenever we want. For summers, I will always want to be in 1000 Islands, NY, specifically Thousand Island Park. Best place on earth between June and August.

Charleston is really nice. My last girlfriend prior to my wife lives there so please be careful! LOL

It's gotta be in saltwater for me. In Duck Key there is a deep water channel running behind most homes... most people have their boats on lifts so they don't build up barnacles. Hit a button and your boat is floating. This can only be performed property with an adult beverage in hand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Anywhere on the Pacific Ocean beaches from Oregon, Washington, BC Canada & AK! No need for Air Conditioning!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Navarre, FL is where I'd like to live if I decide to relocate. It's quiet, it's not far from Destin, Panama City, and Pensacola. I actually wouldn't mind living a little off from the beach with some property. Only thing I don't like is FIRE ANTS.

Yep we do have some serious issues with Fire Ants here. The sand is like pure refined sugar!

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Montana has always sounded good to me, on about 10,000 acres. but so far I've never went anywhere that I liked better than home.

Try Red Lodge MT just north of the Beartooth is real nice! Another great place is Whitefish & Kalispell

Greg Stone

Rookie
Dieter, here's the view from my loft:
216879_1018954107247_3585_n.jpg

I'm at the far right at the edge of the Hoh Rainforest: (we are even with the spruce, not behind it)
19655_1282143416170_981893_n.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Charleston is really nice. My last girlfriend prior to my wife lives there so please be careful! LOL

It's gotta be in saltwater for me. In Duck Key there is a deep water channel running behind most homes... most people have their boats on lifts so they don't build up barnacles. Hit a button and your boat is floating. This can only be performed property with an adult beverage in hand.

Aye Captain. My boat sits on a powered lift on a lake year round. Problem is that I only get down to the lake house 5-10 times per year most years. I want to be able to come home from work, grab a drink and drive out to meet the sunset any day I choose.....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Meh, Toronto is one big traffic jam. I'd rather stay in Brampton or nearby Hamilton if I were to choose Canada.

That's what public transit is for, right? :p

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I want to say Honolulu, Hawaii. I was there a few years ago and fell in love with the island of Oahu. But yes--I do wonder if LIVING there would make me miss the different options of the mainland. Also--the cost makes it a pipedream.

For a more realistic place for myself I'd say any town along the Delaware beaches.

It's my "go-to" summer spot and I have a lot of great memories there. And I LOVE the beach.

The thing is that where I live now it's easy to get to NYC(and I do love the big city--but just to visit)or the Delaware/Maryland shore(not a fan of New Jersey's beaches). It's nice to have both worlds. But I could certainly handle living at the beach(except the tourists would probably drive me crazy).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If there is a place with a lake and streams full of fish, with temps that never drop below 60 and never rise above 80, that rains enough but never on weekends, and doesn't have high cost of living, isn't over crowded with people, I would take it.

But since there's no such place, California's Central coast is where I would like to live. Good climate. Not too many people.

Here in Merced Ca. the weather's nice now, sunny and mid 70's. But the 100 degree days are not far off. Our summers last around 6 months. We're not a big town compared to many cities in Ca, but 85,000 is starting to get too big for me.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Took this off the driveway this winter when I moved out here. U just can't beat waking up to nature.View attachment 6210
thats a picture from where i lived in high school. Scary how similiar it is. Its why i dislike city/suburb living. i'm talking about the "N" word. (y)

and a big head shake to the people that didnt guess ........Neighbors. :rolleyes:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was born in Orlando but was raised in Pearl City, Hawaii until I was a teen. I don't miss living there at all.

I found my way back to Orlando and I've lived back home here since my last 2 years of HS. I love living here but there is one place that I want to live once I no longer have to work...

That place is Duck Key, FL. I visit there once every year. It has everything I want in Island living... plus there's a Publix supermarket only about 10 minutes away.

Prior to last year I would have told you that we would be living in our little "shack" on Grand Cay, Bahamas. I still got it, but the family and I may never go back after being locked up abroad.

I wouldn't go back either. What a mess that was.
Plus, the temptation to settle the odds with a former, trusted friend, would be too tempting.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I wouldn't go back either. What a mess that was.
Plus, the temptation to settle the odds with a former, trusted friend, would be too tempting.

Hahaha

I have actually been back. I had to charter a small prop plane to take me over to a neighboring island and have a friend pick me up in his boat. I had to bring my boat back to Florida.

I saw that SOB when I went back. It's a tiny island. When he saw me, he immediately turned around and headed in the opposite direction. I was surprised at my ability to use restraint and not go after him. Bahamian jail can change your way of thinking. Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa

It will be almost impossible to ever enjoy that little rock in the same way again. I'll be going back at some point for sure... my family however, will not be joining me. At least that's what they are still saying now. It's that Bahamian jail effect LOL... Hopefully it will fade.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hahaha

I have actually been back. I had to charter a small prop plane to take me over to a neighboring island and have a friend pick me up in his boat. I had to bring my boat back to Florida.

I saw that SOB when I went back. It's a tiny island. When he saw me, he immediately turned around and headed in the opposite direction. I was surprised at my ability to use restraint and not go after him. Bahamian jail can change your way of thinking. Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa

It will be almost impossible to ever enjoy that little rock in the same way again. I'll be going back at some point for sure... my family however, will not be joining me. At least that's what they are still saying now. It's that Bahamian jail effect LOL... Hopefully it will fade.
Haha. I don't blame the family.
It's good you were able to show enough restraint with that prick.
A Bahamian jail, sounds less than an ideal way to spend your time.