BernieM on Bradford: "personally I don't care for the guy"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Re: BernieM on Bradford: "personally I don't care for the gu

X said:
TheRyanExpress said:
X said:
TheRyanExpress said:
He always uses numbers to support any type of argument he might have.
I think that's part of the problem. Again, I don't have a real big problem with Bernardo, per se', but others do because of what you just said. He uses (data) to support "ANY TYPE OF ARGUMENT" he might have. That's in contrast to having an argument and sticking with it. The problem, IMO, that some people have with him is that he flip flops too much. I called him on that a couple of years ago, and provided him with proof in the form of a video made with his own words (during his radio shows), and he just blocked me instead of confronting the argument I presented to him.

That's kinda cowardly, but it is what it is. That's when I came to the realization that he's just a columnist, and not necessarily an analyst or Champion of any specific cause. And calling Bradford "snotty", whether true or not, is a bit of a lapse in judgement on his part. How will that ever endear him to Bradford again?

I don't disagree with you on a lot of this. In the Skip Bayless/Stephen A. day and age of 'SCREAM YOUR ARGUMENT, FACTS DON'T MATTER, YOU WILL NEVER BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE,' I like that Bernie tried to at least support his argument with numbers. At least you know where he's coming from. Yes, he flip flops some, but don't we all?
Sure, I agree. He has his value and he is at least passionate about his opinions and diligent in his research.
I don't know if everyone necessarily flip-flops though. Maybe everyone is wrong from time to time, but there are quite a few people that I know of who never stray from an opinion or position. Sometimes to a fault. lol.
Guilty.

I wonder what numbers Bernie used to support that Sam is snotty? :sly:

moklerman

Warner-phile

Isn't this thread proof that whatever BM's doing, it's working? 7 pages of chatter all about Bernie.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

X said:
TheRyanExpress said:
He always uses numbers to support any type of argument he might have.
I think that's part of the problem. Again, I don't have a real big problem with Bernardo, per se', but others do because of what you just said. He uses (data) to support "ANY TYPE OF ARGUMENT" he might have. That's in contrast to having an argument and sticking with it. The problem, IMO, that some people have with him is that he flip flops too much. I called him on that a couple of years ago, and provided him with proof in the form of a video made with his own words (during his radio shows), and he just blocked me instead of confronting the argument I presented to him.

That's kinda cowardly, but it is what it is. That's when I came to the realization that he's just a columnist, and not necessarily an analyst or Champion of any specific cause. And calling Bradford "snotty", whether true or not, is a bit of a lapse in judgement on his part. How will that ever endear him to Bradford again?

It'll take a public mea culpa which I expect to see if this gets talked about enough on message boards and such. He also needs to take into consideration how Snead and Fisher feel about what he said. And to a lesser degree other players.

If it gets around the locker room I can see some of the guys, especially the rookies and kids thinking "I'll just keep my distance from this guy" and that might hurt his access.

I said it earlier and I'll repeat it now.

Bernie. LOL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

moklerman said:
Isn't this thread proof that whatever BM's doing, it's working? 7 pages of chatter all about Bernie.

But it isn't making him look good at all and it isn't driving people to the website.....so it's not positive for Bernie.

He should just man up and say "sorry Sam that was outta line"

LesBaker said:
moklerman said:

But it isn't making him look good at all and it isn't driving people to the website.....so it's not positive for Bernie.

Let me flip the script a little bit, what if Sam said the same thing (on record) about Bernie to a reporter/columnist/interviewer other than Bernie? Would there be a demand for Sam to apologize to Bernie?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

moklerman said:
Not really. We all secretly agreed to bump max's first thread to 7 pages upon his return from Italy.

And you just ruined it. Way to go. :fk:

Speeps

Starter

Sam Bradford comes across as a very reserve and private person. He's been very respectful, and answered questions when asked by the Media. As a person who listens too, and watches just about every Sam Bradford interview I can find, I have no idea what Bernie is talking about. How can you not like Sam Bradford. He's extremely likable.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

TheRyanExpress said:
LesBaker said:
moklerman said:

Let me flip the script a little bit, what if Sam said the same thing (on record) about Bernie to a reporter/columnist/interviewer other than Bernie? Would there be a demand for Sam to apologize to Bernie?
Sam has class, so that wouldn't happen.

I'll answer anyway. No, but I don't think Bernie should apologize either.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

ScotsRam said:
Bernie Miklasz can suck my DNA rifle. Ive seen cadavers with more journalistic integrity.

I love u man :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jjab360

Legend

TheRyanExpress said:
LesBaker said:
moklerman said:

No, but he'd certainly be out of line for doing so.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Ahight then. I think we're done debating the Bern.
Take him, leave him, whatever.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ScotsRam said:
Bernie Miklasz can suck my tool. Ive seen cadavers with more journalistic integrity.

Speaking of cadavers, "Weekend At Bernies" comes to mind.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick

X said:
Ahight then. I think we're done debating the Bern.
Take him, leave him, whatever.
Kill Him.....

SaneRamsFan

Rookie

#1 line by people who obsess over what others think about them-" I don't care what other people think about me" LIsten to BM for more than 5 minutes and you will hear that line. And what do I think of Bernie " Mizzou has hired Matt Painter" Miklass? To paraphrase Tony Montana "I never liked that guy-he's a DNA rifle-a-roach.