BernieM on Bradford: "personally I don't care for the guy"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Re: BernieM on Bradford: "personally I don't care for the gu

I'm guessing Bernie wrote that to show he's being impartial, but that was just dumb. I'm surprised that a journalist with as much experience as he does would do that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

LesBaker said:
Keep in mind this is the guy who was part of the group of media vultures that went after Warner (he called Warner crippled remember). Bernie was Martz mouth piece and I lost a ton of respect for him back then and he's done nothing to earn it back. Putting his personal feelings about a player is another dumbass move.

Haha, bernie the lap dog. I was gonna put up that lap dog picture from my computer but for the life of me I don't know how. They were good times at ramstalk, trolls that were actually entertaining.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Bernie would be one of the least informed/respected posters on this forum. Why anyone would pay him to write is beyond me. I actually think I prefer Burwell at this point. :shock:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have

My daughter attended the university of Oklahoma when Bradford was there. Every time she came across him, she said he was a complete gentlemen. He was always polite, hold the door open for you and smile and say Hi. She was not personal friends with him, but if you are a dick. I doubt you take time to say hi or do common courtesy things for people you do not really know.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sgt. Ram said:
My daughter attended the university of Oklahoma when Bradford was there. Every time she came across him, she said he was a complete gentlemen. He was always polite, hold the door open for you and smile and say Hi. She was not personal friends with him, but if you are a dick. I doubt you take time to say hi or do common courtesy things for people you do not really know.

Well, that explains it. Bernie is more comfortable around dolts.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory

Faceplant said:
Bernie would be one of the least informed/respected posters on this forum. Why anyone would pay him to write is beyond me. I actually think I prefer Burwell at this point. :shock:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Haha. Ironic that the self/X-proclaimed 'Village Idiot' would have more respect here than Mr. Miklasz?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

LesBaker said:
I used to read his stuff and lost count at how many times he "gleaned" from message boards to fill space.

Lesson said:
The way he pretty much flipped-flopped on Spags made me realize he is just doing what ever he could possibly do to attract more people to his show, his articles online, and the print version of the PD.

These two statements pretty much sum up all I've ever felt about the enigmatic Bernie.

I'm not a resident of STL, but as someone that used to frequent PD pages and was in frequent communique with others in that area, he's just always come across as someone desperate for the attention. I suppose, like it's been pointed out, that goes with the territory.

Maybe this is just a ploy to drum up some preseason interest like the whole "THEY TOOK DOWN THE PICTURES?!?" drama when Spags came to town.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Psycho_X

Legend

Stranger said:
With all the freakin wife beaters, bar fighters, druggies, deadbeat dads, etc in the NFL, why would a 'journalist' be so callous as to pick out Bradford? What's Bern's standard for likeability? I mean, really.

Agreed completely.

It was unprofessional for him to say this in my mind. It just stinks of him being desperate to try and prove himself to people that disagree with him which to me means those people have gotten to him. And being in the media that's the last thing that should happen for integrity.

Personally, Sam seems a little on the shy, down to earth side who doesn't like the spotlight or flamboyant attention. He kinda seems like how I'd be in his situation. Very hesitant and uncomfortable when talking with media and cameras in my face. And I could see that coming off as people thinking he thinks he is to good to do that sort of thing. When simply he just isn't comfortable with it. But obviously this is from an arm chair QB perspective so I don't really know and Bernie could absolutely be right. But it still seems in bad taste to say it in his profession.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Being a gifted athlete, Sam has had rockstar attention his entire life. It's amazing he comes across as grounded as he does.

Perhaps other's would rather have;

A muppet arm kissing attention whore? Or... a guy that accepts fan gifts for his wedding registry? Perhaps a QB accused of r-ape? A dog fight organizer? Dance naked with girls and record it all on a cell phone for the world to see?

Yeah, I can see why someone wouldn't care for the guy.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here's BernieM from around 2000 years ago....

BernieM on Jesus Christ: "Personally, I just don't care for the guy. I mean, yeah, he's the son of God and all that, and I'm not taking that away from him. But he stiffed me on some loaves and fishes. And then I was hoping for a fine Chianti, but JC turned my Pelligrino into a poor vintage Merlot. So I'm a Barabbas guy all the way."

Sum1

Hall of Fame

Yikes...some of you fellas are really upset. Who gives a rats ass who Bernie likes? He defends Bradford as a player more than anyone else in the media.

To me it just seems like even better reason to look at his evaluations as he isn't putting personal feelings first.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Sum1BTRthnU said:
Yikes...some of you fellas are really upset. Who gives a rats ass who Bernie likes? He defends Bradford as a player more than anyone else in the media.

To me it just seems like even better reason to look at his evaluations as he isn't putting personal feelings first.
Bernie Apologist. :razzed:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Sum1BTRthnU said:

I'm not upset, I feel bad for the guy. It was a stupid and and irresponsible thing for him to say, don't ya think?

DR RAM said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I'm not upset, I feel bad for the guy. It was a stupid and and irresponsible thing for him to say, don't ya think?

I know this question wasn't posed to me, but no, I don't think it was stupid and irresponsible. Like I said earlier in the thread, he's a columnist. He's paid to give his opinion. He was giving background on the fact that he defends Bradford and yet doesn't really like him. I think that's notable. But also like I mentioned earlier, I wish he would expound on it more other than calling him 'snotty.' If that's the only reason you don't like him, then that's not a good enough reason, in my opinion.

Overall, I'm just shocked to see how much Bernie hate there is on here. I feel like he's often fair in his assessment on players, situations, teams, etc. He always uses numbers to support any type of argument he might have. I get why he could rub some people the wrong way, I guess I'm surprised at how many people are anti-Bernard.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

TheRyanExpress said:
DR RAM said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I know this question wasn't posed to me, but no, I don't think it was stupid and irresponsible. Like I said earlier in the thread, he's a columnist. He's paid to give his opinion. He was giving background on the fact that he defends Bradford and yet doesn't really like him. I think that's notable. But also like I mentioned earlier, I wish he would expound on it more other than calling him 'snotty.' If that's the only reason you don't like him, then that's not a good enough reason, in my opinion.

Overall, I'm just shocked to see how much Bernie hate there is on here. I feel like he's often fair in his assessment on players, situations, teams, etc. He always uses numbers to support any type of argument he might have. I get why he could rub some people the wrong way, I guess I'm surprised at how many people are anti-Bernard.
I think in his trade (a Ram's columnist) it's pretty fucking stupid to call the face of the franchise, whomever he may be, something as petty as snotty. He crucified himself, as far as getting anything useful, or maybe, at all from Bradford, and that is his fucking job. If Bernie was a national columnist, I don't see a real problem, other than him being petty.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Oh, and I never said that I didn't like Bernie. I think he writes some good articles, but he's a bit of a frontrunner if you ask me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

TheRyanExpress said:
He always uses numbers to support any type of argument he might have.
I think that's part of the problem. Again, I don't have a real big problem with Bernardo, per se', but others do because of what you just said. He uses (data) to support "ANY TYPE OF ARGUMENT" he might have. That's in contrast to having an argument and sticking with it. The problem, IMO, that some people have with him is that he flip flops too much. I called him on that a couple of years ago, and provided him with proof in the form of a video made with his own words (during his radio shows), and he just blocked me instead of confronting the argument I presented to him.

That's kinda cowardly, but it is what it is. That's when I came to the realization that he's just a columnist, and not necessarily an analyst or Champion of any specific cause. And calling Bradford "snotty", whether true or not, is a bit of a lapse in judgement on his part. How will that ever endear him to Bradford again?

X said:
TheRyanExpress said:
I think that's part of the problem. Again, I don't have a real big problem with Bernardo, per se', but others do because of what you just said. He uses (data) to support "ANY TYPE OF ARGUMENT" he might have. That's in contrast to having an argument and sticking with it. The problem, IMO, that some people have with him is that he flip flops too much. I called him on that a couple of years ago, and provided him with proof in the form of a video made with his own words (during his radio shows), and he just blocked me instead of confronting the argument I presented to him.

That's kinda cowardly, but it is what it is. That's when I came to the realization that he's just a columnist, and not necessarily an analyst or Champion of any specific cause. And calling Bradford "snotty", whether true or not, is a bit of a lapse in judgement on his part. How will that ever endear him to Bradford again?

I don't disagree with you on a lot of this. In the Skip Bayless/Stephen A. day and age of 'SCREAM YOUR ARGUMENT, FACTS DON'T MATTER, YOU WILL NEVER BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE,' I like that Bernie tried to at least support his argument with numbers. At least you know where he's coming from. Yes, he flip flops some, but don't we all?

Sum1

Hall of Fame

DR RAM said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Not really. Bernie doesn't interview these guys to get insider info. He gives his opinion and analysis.

As for flip-flopping...yes, I have definitley seen Bernie flip-flop...what comes to mind is two years ago he said he didn't want the Ravens and 49ers to meet in the Super Bowl because he didn't want to have to talk about the Harbaughs for two weeks...then this year he talked about how great of a story it is. Made me chuckle really.

However, I've also seen him get accused of flip-flopping because his opinion changed as time went on. To me that is learning...

X...I'm also a ROD apologist, I'm at peace with myself in that regard. :bign:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

TheRyanExpress said:
X said:
TheRyanExpress said:

I don't disagree with you on a lot of this. In the Skip Bayless/Stephen A. day and age of 'SCREAM YOUR ARGUMENT, FACTS DON'T MATTER, YOU WILL NEVER BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE,' I like that Bernie tried to at least support his argument with numbers. At least you know where he's coming from. Yes, he flip flops some, but don't we all?
Sure, I agree. He has his value and he is at least passionate about his opinions and diligent in his research.
I don't know if everyone necessarily flip-flops though. Maybe everyone is wrong from time to time, but there are quite a few people that I know of who never stray from an opinion or position. Sometimes to a fault. lol.