Before The Draft...there Is Fa

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
So who is on your wish list?

Personally, I have no qualms with drafting an OT...but I don't feel like that is a forgone conclusion looking at Fishers history...so I say they need to look at an insurance policy there. At minimum they need someone that can be a swing tackle while also locking up Rodger Saffold to play LT until Long is back.

I'd also like the Rams to look toward FA for some DB help. Obviously Byrd is the top FS possibly available...but what about some of the other guys that might be available? Major Wright or TJ Ward? Any thoughts?

I don't foresee the Rams being as active as last season...but I could see one or two moves.

One thing that I like about the Patriots philosophy (Ok, the only thing I like) is they address as many of their needs before the draft so that they don't feel like they HAVE to draft a certain player or position.

RFIP

Big splash: Bryd or Verner - I have very little doubt they will get one of these two. If they had the jack to land them both our defense would be dy-f'n-namic!

I also expect them to bring in a low level FA or 2 on the OL.

I must say I love the way Fisher is building this defense with young, long, fast, athletic players to play against Wilson and Krapyourdick!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I would rather us not spend any money on Saffold, unless it's highly incentive based.

Put me down for a guard, and a safety.

V3

Hall of Fame
I really wish they'd move free agency till after the draft. By having the draft first, teams can focus more on getting the best player instead of worrying about the holes they need to fill. Whatever needs are leftover after the draft can be filled by free agency. They did this the year of the lockout and I thought it was perfect.

That being said, it's kinda hard to say who I want in FA because we don't know who's going to be a free agent. Some teams could re-sign their players. Some players could be cut. I like the idea of Byrd and Saffold, though. Perhaps Maclin? Maclin and Saffold should get incentive based contracts.

Alan

Legend
Byrd and save the rest to sign our own if we like them unless it's a great or small deal.

But they might think it would be easier to get a very good FS in the draft than a player from a different position. Like a guard they like. We don't know.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Byrd and save the rest to sign our own if we like them unless it's a great or small deal.

But they might think it would be easier to get a very good FS in the draft than a player from a different position. Like a guard they like. We don't know.

You could potentially say that about any position.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My prediction: The rams make a huge splash in FA and land.....
luke.jpg
booobie freakin miles

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
How about:
Branden Albert or Eugene Monroe at LT both may be available.
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB
James Ihedigbo S

Alan

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU replied:
You could potentially say that about any position.
Yeah, that was kind of my point. I know who I'd like us to get but without knowing their draft strategy that might be the wrong move. That's why I'm not going to make many comments on what areas they address in FA. I'll make comments on the players they sign in FA but not the positions they choose to address.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, that was kind of my point. I know who I'd like us to get but without knowing their draft strategy that might be the wrong move. That's why I'm not going to make many comments on what areas they address in FA. I'll make comments on the players they sign in FA but not the positions they choose to address.
Well, umm...thanks for your input...I think?

Alan

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU with sum output:
Well, umm...thanks for your input...I think?

Uh oh, that doesn't sound like I was making any sense. :lol:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I want us to sign a FA FS. There's no ball-hawk in the draft that impresses me, and there are solid guards and corners that I want the Rams to draft in rds 2-4.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I want us to sign a FA FS. There's no ball-hawk in the draft that impresses me, and there are solid guards and corners that I want the Rams to draft in rds 2-4.
I agree with her... er... ehem... I mean what you said. I would like them to pick up a Safety as their "splash move" if you will. Then maybe some depth signings at O-line and build the o-line through the draft.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The best value shopping could be the roster bonus babies as far as Oline players. Decent players at a discount price the 2nd week of FA. They just want a place to land before they have to take scraps around drat time.
Byrd would be to me the top target.
But I really think the Oline will be the the main area of focus in FA.

fearsomefour

Legend
Incognito, Alterraun Verne, Sam Shields, Donte Whitner
Incogntio if he can be had cheap given his issues ($3M a year) would be a massive upgrade at LG, I like Verne, Shields had a good year on a bad pass D. I would rather have Byrd than Whitner, but, grabbing Whitner would hurt the Whiners as well. Donte has had a good year has gotten much better vs the pass and is solid vs. the run.