Barrett Jones

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We gotta keep Barrett just incase Sam Bradford gets outta line. :lifting:

Alan

Legend
You know what that means don't you DR RAM? We're going to have to beg you to get a picture of Jones without a shirt on and post it. First week of TC would be helpful. :bow:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You know what that means don't you DR RAM? We're going to have to beg you to get a picture of Jones without a shirt on and post it. First week of TC would be helpful. :bow:
lol.

Alan

Legend
Is that a yes?
hair-fire.gif

Attachments

• upload_2014-3-11_0-9-11.jpeg
    upload_2014-3-11_0-9-11.jpeg
    744 bytes · Views: 294

Alan

Legend
I haven't done much research on this guy but I've read one article that said he was more athlete than football player. Kind of like Curry. I don't know what to think but I'm nervous about drafting him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I haven't done much research on this guy but I've read one article that said he was more athlete than football player. Kind of like Curry. I don't know what to think but I'm nervous about drafting him.
Well, the first problem is that he's a Will, and we have a pretty good young one already.

jjab360

Legend
Wow, that is blazing. Are you a fan of his?
Yeah, crazy fast on the field, elite blitzer, gets to the ballcarrier in a hurry, not afraid to mix it up, and knows how to lay the smackdown. Can get blocked or pushed around once engaged, but put on a lot of muscle weight in the offseason, obviously without losing much speed, and is already very good at getting around blockers. Top 15 player, imo.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Actually Ogletree played Sam or LOLB last year, so no conflict there.
Yes, he played LOLB, which is actually just a Left/Right designation, and not a Strong/Weak designation, but he stayed in for coverage on 3rd downs.

Would you be comfortable at the combo of size between the two, and do you see him as a top 15 for the Rams, if he is only a 2 down linebacker for them?

jjab360

Legend
Yes, he played LOLB, is actually just a Left/Right designation, and not a Strong/Weak designation, but he stayed in for coverage on 3rd downs.

Would you be comfortable at the combo of size between the two, and do you see him as a top 15 for the Rams, if he is only a 2 down linebacker for them?
I'll put it like this. I think you take a talented player like Shazier and you fit your system around him and not try to put him into your system. He's a very good coverage linebacker as well as a good blitzer maybe we see 3 LBers on 3rd down more often than we're used to. Maybe we see a lot more blitzing or even some 3-4 looks thrown in there. He's as fast or faster than most CBs and was an absolute stud at OSU, Williams will find a way to use this guy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'll put it like this. I think you take a talented player like Shazier and you fit your system around him and not try to put him into your system. He's a very good coverage linebacker as well as a good blitzer maybe we see 3 LBers on 3rd down more often than we're used to. Maybe we see a lot more blitzing or even some 3-4 looks thrown in there. He's as fast or faster than most CBs and was an absolute stud at OSU, Williams will find a way to use this guy.
I'll try to watch some tape on him. Thanks.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
OLB Ryan Shazier ran a 4.3 at his pro day.

True. That guy is an incredible athlete. But for some reason I put him in the "better athlete than football player" category. His closing speed is great but he doesn't pack a punch on his tackles. I like Mack's instincts a lot better.

jjab360

Legend
True. That guy is an incredible athlete. But for some reason I put him in the "better athlete than football player" category. His closing speed is great but he doesn't pack a punch on his tackles. I like Mack's instincts a lot better.
I strongly disagree.
ryan-shazier-kills-zach-maynard.gif

ryan-shazier-huge-hit.gif

L947gUY.gif