Barksdale Negotiations have Begun

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6508/joseph-barksdale

ESPN's Adam Caplan reports the Titans "continue to have interest" in free agent RT Joseph Barksdale.
Per Caplan, the Rams also remain interested in re-signing their 2014 right tackle. After getting off to a quiet start, Barksdale's market has been clarifying in recent days. It shouldn't be long before he lands a deal

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6508/joseph-barksdale

ESPN's Adam Caplan reports the Titans "continue to have interest" in free agent RT Joseph Barksdale.
Per Caplan, the Rams also remain interested in re-signing their 2014 right tackle. After getting off to a quiet start, Barksdale's market has been clarifying in recent days. It shouldn't be long before he lands a deal

Fix the title, bruh. Negotiations.

Good to see his market picking up. Hope we are the ones to get him back.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This outcome determines the rest of FA, the draft, and our record this season most likely. I have faith that Barksdale will make the right move return.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just nice to hear some sorta news. The lack of news for this team sucks man, I get the feeling they're moving hard on Wiz too but we just get nothing we can go off of.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
This outcome determines the rest of FA, the draft, and our record this season most likely. I have faith that Barksdale will make the right move return.

Yep thats they way I see it too. If we don't get him resigned I see no other option out there in FA that I would be comfortable with playing RT. That only leaves one way to fill the hole and thats with the #10 pick or a trade down in the first round then selecting a tackle. And that will suck! Not that I dont want to fix the oline but if cooper or white falls to us at 10 I want to be able to make that pick and go BPA as opposed to having to take the lesser player for need. Barksdale should be priority #1 right now.

Irish

Starter
Please, we need to keep him.

Within reason. Give him as much as you can comfortably give him. Call me crazy, but I would feel better getting Wisniewski or Blalock and drafting a Scherff or Collins than paying Barksdale a lot of money and having to possibly play two rookies on the inside.

Barksdale is good, don't get me wrong, but if Boudreau can get serviceable play out of a washed up Barksdale who was waived by the freaking Raiders, imagine what he could do with a legit right tackle that he gets to develop from day one.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Personally, I hope the Titans take him. Hopefully it forces the Rams to stop accepting mediocrity and re-focuses management attention on actually building a first class offensive line, ... and there is no better time than the present imo.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Within reason. Give him as much as you can comfortably give him. Call me crazy, but I would feel better getting Wisniewski or Blalock and drafting a Scherff or Collins than paying Barksdale a lot of money and having to possibly play two rookies on the inside.

Barksdale is good, don't get me wrong, but if Boudreau can get serviceable play out of a washed up Barksdale who was waived by the freaking Raiders, imagine what he could do with a legit right tackle that he gets to develop from day one.
I agree.

Happens a lot on boards... a few fans like so-and-so and it builds from there.

Like you said, he was waived by one of - if not the - worst teams in the NFL.

He started off well, but slumped toward the end. The fans that jumped aboard the Barksdale Express will tell you it was because of the play of the guys next to him... but, I'm not that convinced.

I'm on the Wiz Express... and I'd pay a slight premium to get him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
washed up Barksdale who was waived by the freaking Raiders, imagine what he could do with a legit right tackle that he gets to develop from day one.

He was waived because the Raiders were moving to a ZBS and he didn't improve quite as quickly as they would have liked. He wasn't washed up, he was still a rookie basically.

Barksdale IS a legit RT. I understand the within reason part, but we need to protect Foles. This is a win now type of year, and neither Scherff nor Collins or anybody will be able to play as well as Barksdale year one. Plus, both of those guys are OGs in the NFL.

The very same Raiders you just trashed didn't want Wiz when they very well could afford him. What does that say about him according to your logic?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Please, we need to keep him.

I would prefer that Fisher seeks to improve the Rams OL in the area of pass protection. Hard for me to forget the large amount of issues that pored in from the area of Barksdale's responsibility.Barksdale's lack of ability to pass block is legit.

I do not want to see the Rams speed a large chunk of cap $$ to purchase continued poor pass protection that Barksdale delivered in his 2014 performance. Thus I see no need to resign him.

Irish

Starter
He was waived because the Raiders were moving to a ZBS and he didn't improve quite as quickly as they would have liked. He wasn't washed up, he was still a rookie basically.

Barksdale IS a legit RT. I understand the within reason part, but we need to protect Foles. This is a win now type of year, and neither Scherff nor Collins or anybody will be able to play as well as Barksdale year one. Plus, both of those guys are OGs in the NFL.

The very same Raiders you just trashed didn't want Wiz when they very well could afford him. What does that say about him according to your logic?

There was a better center available that they could throw money at, and they desperately needed to get to the cap floor.

If Barksdale was fielding as much interest as some people feel like he should (i.e. Rams fans), Barksdale would be gone. His still being on the market is equal parts him tying the knot and a lack of "blow him away" offers. Your agent can text you terms for a contract on a team and you can send a winky emoji without having to ever even visit. Barksdale hasn't gotten such an offer yet, I imagine.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Barksdale getcho ass back here

samuel-l-jackson-black-snake-moan.jpg

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Barksdale is legit. People that don't buy it, I don't get why. He was solid with Saffold next to him most of 2013, then he started of great with Saffold beside him in 2014. His play only fell when he was by Joseph. Not a moment earlier, The O-line is a singular unit, probably the group that has to be gelled the best out of any group on an NFL team. Even just one man being off can turn a stellar group into shit.

FRO

Legend
We need to resign Barks. I know he struggled a bit last year, but he has also had stretches of really good football. He is still young. He is my top target.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Barksdale is legit. People that don't buy it, I don't get why. He was solid with Saffold next to him most of 2013, then he started of great with Saffold beside him in 2014. His play only fell when he was by Joseph. Not a moment earlier, The O-line is a singular unit, probably the group that has to be gelled the best out of any group on an NFL team. Even just one man being off can turn a stellar group into crap.

Been banging the drum on this since Davin Joseph started at RG. It's not about the talent you assemble in O-line but how cohesive the unit is. That's why I'd like to add durable and reliable players at LG and center.