Bam bam Cunningham

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Re: Bam bam Cunningham

mojorizen7 said:
Right now Pead is a project.(hyperbole,but hear me out) No different than someone like Quick,except that Pead should be much further ahead than guys like Stacy and Cunningham. He isn't. IMO he's not the clear #2,with the exception of his pass protection.

I dont know the numbers but he's had a TON of opportunities to touch the ball in preseason and has literally dropped the ball. Not a fan of Pead. The other backs play like they want it. Pead plays like he wants out at times.

I suppose the 2nd rd tag will continue to give him plenty of chances...

That. Not sure how anyone can see Pead as a clear anything. Sure he looked good at cincy. So did Marty Gilyard. So far he has looked sub par at this level. I see the elusiveness at times, but please. A CLEAR #2?? What does that say about our rb stable?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

X said:
V3 said:
I really wouldn't be surprised if Pead was traded before final cuts. The only reason he is on the team is because they wasted a second round pick on him.
I don't know. He's on the team because he's talented. Something is happening to his brain when he gets on the field for actual games though, and that might lead to him really dropping on the depth chart -- or -- being traded or cut. Seriously, I've watched a shit ton of video on this guy from Cincy, and there's no denying he's a VERY good RB when he's just out there playing. I think his head is getting in his way right now unfortunately.

IMO of course.

College vs Pro's, a very big difference obviously. Does he have talent? Of course or he wouldn't be on the field. But talent or no talent, Pettis has underwhelmed and once again, we saw hesitation and indicision on one of his early runs. This guy always seems to want to go outside where he's more comfortable....a difficult habit to break.

There comes a point in time where he has to produce or be left behind. I understand the reluctance particularly being a 2nd rounder, but there just comes a time "where you have to let a man loose."

I suspect that won't happen this year, but without significant improvement, I suspect this year will be his last in St Louis. He's a descent 2nd stringer, but for now, I wouldn't start him, IMO.

JIMERAMS said:
X said:
A55VA6 said:
X said:
V3 said:
I really wouldn't be surprised if Pead was traded before final cuts. The only reason he is on the team is because they wasted a second round pick on him.
I don't know. He's on the team because he's talented. Something is happening to his brain when he gets on the field for actual games though, and that might lead to him really dropping on the depth chart -- or -- being traded or cut. Seriously, I've watched a shyte ton of video on this guy from Cincy, and there's no denying he's a VERY good RB when he's just out there playing. I think his head is getting in his way right now unfortunately.

IMO of course.
Yeah Pead is very talented and we see it at times.. the guy just keeps fumbling. Seems like it's atleast once a game, at the beginning. Maybe he's not getting warmed up enough or something?
I don't think his head is screwed on right. Seems to be really unfocused at times.

One question I have. If he wasn't returning kicks would you guys think the same way? I really think its hurting his mojo and makes him look really bad to fans. He has ran well the last couple of games IMO.

i agree with this. i thought he had a decent game last night. if they get rid of any of the rb's it has to be stacey imo.

Ram4life11

Rookie

DegenR(g)ambler said:
JIMERAMS said:
X said:
A55VA6 said:
X said:
V3 said:
I don't know. He's on the team because he's talented. Something is happening to his brain when he gets on the field for actual games though, and that might lead to him really dropping on the depth chart -- or -- being traded or cut. Seriously, I've watched a shyte ton of video on this guy from Cincy, and there's no denying he's a VERY good RB when he's just out there playing. I think his head is getting in his way right now unfortunately.

IMO of course.
Yeah Pead is very talented and we see it at times.. the guy just keeps fumbling. Seems like it's atleast once a game, at the beginning. Maybe he's not getting warmed up enough or something?
I don't think his head is screwed on right. Seems to be really unfocused at times.

One question I have. If he wasn't returning kicks would you guys think the same way? I really think its hurting his mojo and makes him look really bad to fans. He has ran well the last couple of games IMO.

i agree with this. i thought he had a decent game last night. if they get rid of any of the rb's it has to be stacey imo.

Do you really think they would cut Stacey?
Not disagreeing, I'm just wondering do u really think they would cut Stacey?

Ram4life11

Rookie

To me, without question I feel Cunningham is battling against Pead for the number 2 spot. I no longer feel Cunningham and Stacey are even the same level talent wise...

Ram4life11 said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
JIMERAMS said:
X said:
A55VA6 said:
X said:
V3 said:

IMO of course.

Do you really think they would cut Stacey?
Not disagreeing, I'm just wondering do u really think they would cut Stacey?

not sure but if one had to go, he would be my pick.

1 drich
2 pead
3 cunningham
4 stacey

bskrilla

Starter

The more I read comments about Pead the more I think people are being blinded by his admittedly terrible kick-returning.

He ran the ball great last night. How people can not see this is beyond me. He had one play where he missed the hole for what could have been a big gainer, but he still ended up getting 4-5 yards. He also made another catch in the open field, shook a defender, and got the first down. And he continues to be the best pass-blocker on the team. He also had that 20+ yarder that got called back and I gotta agree with CoachO from a different thread, he had already beaten the defender that got held to the edge before the hold took place.

Memphis Ram

Legend

bskrilla said:
The more I read comments about Pead the more I think people are being blinded by his admittedly terrible kick-returning.

He ran the ball great last night. How people can not see this is beyond me. He had one play where he missed the hole for what could have been a big gainer, but he still ended up getting 4-5 yards. He also made another catch in the open field, shook a defender, and got the first down. And he continues to be the best pass-blocker on the team. He also had that 20+ yarder that got called back and I gotta agree with CoachO from a different thread, he had already beaten the defender that got held to the edge before the hold took place.

You have to admit, the 3 fumbles and the suspension isn't helping his cause one bit.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bskrilla said:

I pay no attention to his kick returns. In game you can see pead has flash but flashs only go so far you need consistency pead shows none of that. He wasnt consistent last year and so far not this year either.

Lets talk same competition pead played some snaps late against the same bam bam did and Benny shredded the difference. I believe much like tim tebow pead was takin to high and he cant handle the pressure.

bskrilla

Starter

Memphis Ram said:
bskrilla said:

You have to admit, the 3 fumbles and the suspension isn't helping his cause one bit.

I'm indifferent on the suspension for several reasons. I just don't care if a guy got caught with a little weed. Let alone when he's barely out of college. The event took place last year and the coaching staff seems to feel he has moved past it.

The fumbles are a valid concern. It's something he can't continue to do. I will argue that the one in week 1 was just a damn good defensive play and Pead was carrying the ball securely. Sometimes the D just makes a play.

And he totally shouldn't be returning kicks.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

Memphis Ram said:
If his fumbles continue into the regular season, sure. But I trust the coaching staff to clean that up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I have liked Cunningham from the onset. I really hope he sticks because I think he can be that bruising runner that no one likes to tackle AND he's got speed.

But what I really don't get is this hatred for Pead. Yeah, I would agree that he shouldn't be returning kicks but the guy shows real promise with the ball in his hands. Everyone - for whatever reason, couldn't hold onto the ball last night. One of his early fumbles was just a good defensive play - plain and simple. I know DRich is the anointed one and I really don't care which one wins the #1 spot but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Pead takes it. Obviously, his head has to be in it. But I really can't understand how anyone could watch him run and not see why he's still there getting touches with the first unit. We haven't done diddly to help open up holes with our first unit. When we start to scheme, pull, and stunt, I think we will see better holes and if Pead gets to the second level, he can be a game breaker more so than DR. From what I have seen, Pead has better long speed. He also seems to be stronger up the middle and is far better in pass pro.

All that said, I really don't have a dog in this fight except that I want - like all of us - to see whoever takes it, tear it up. If Pead NEVER gets it, oh well. Move on. I think Stacy is going to take another year. Benny - IMO - is going to see a fair number of touches this season and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him returning kicks.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

and to all the arugment about look at the competition he has played against why dont you look at the other side of the ball look at the lines he had played behind.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

Pead was out played by Stacy, Cunningham, and Reynolds last night .... I know that this is a pessimistic view....but sure put the writing on the wall if you ask me.

bskrilla

Starter

Dr.RamsFanCK said:
Pead was out played by Stacy, Cunningham, and Reynolds last night .... I know that this is a pessimistic view....but sure put the writing on the wall if you ask me.

Cunningham sure, but Stacy and Reynolds? What football game were you watching?

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

bskrilla said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:

They may have not out run him, but the sure as heck out played him. They ran with authority and seemed less hesitant to hit the hole or pop someone in the mouth. Granted there is extra heart when your career is on the line in ONE single game...that might explain it....but Pead lacks that in my opinion...there is no fire under his but cause he is a second round pick...if he was a seventh rounder maybe he would be a little more nervous....

JMO dood

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

Yeah, I don't think so.

Reynolds was by far the worst of the lot and Pead clearly outplayed Stacy, who doesn't have near the same burst at the hole.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Zaphod said:
Yeah, I don't think so.

Reynolds was by far the worst of the lot and Pead clearly outplayed Stacy, who doesn't have near the same burst at the hole.

i agree there but cunningham has outplay pead and stacy.

some will argue that cunningham has had less talent against him i would argue he has had a worse oline to break the holes open and still made it work.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

bskrilla said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:

This^^^

Reynolds - you mean the guy whose own feet tackled him last night? Dude's had like one good run all pre-season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Rabid Ram said:
some will argue that cunningham has had less talent against him i would argue he has had a worse oline to break the holes open and still made it work.

That's a fair argument.