Aug-25 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Gag me with a freaking spoon man. Case mother freaking Keenum, starting QB, LA Rams.

Any Super Bowl aspirations y'all have for this team go right out the window with him at the helm. If we're lucky enough to win 10 games we are a one and done team.

I hate being this guy. I just don't see him turning into a legitimate starter for an entire season. He will look decent for a few games and then his wet noodle arm will catch up to him. I pray to whatever is out there that he proves me wrong but I just don't see it.

If Trent Dilfer and Russel Wilson can win a superbowl, Case Keenum cant be ruled out. A strong D that gets turnovers and a solid run game is plenty to win with Case Keenum. But it will be much more entertaining once Goff takes over. IMO Fisher is gonna go with whomever he feels the rest of the team believes gives them the best chance to win. Goff will have to earn it and it will happen.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
If Trent Dilfer and Russel Wilson can win a superbowl, Case Keenum cant be ruled out. A strong D that gets turnovers and a solid run game is plenty to win with Case Keenum. But it will be much more entertaining once Goff takes over. IMO Fisher is gonna go with whomever he feels the rest of the team believes gives them the best chance to win. Goff will have to earn it and it will happen.

I know he's a Seahawk and as rams fans we hate Seahawks but there's no way you can argue Wilson is simply a game manager like Trent Dilfer. Whether or not he had to rely on his team to win a Super Bowl, he's still a franchise qb and it's quite absurd to think case can be as good as Russell or that because Russell won Super Bowl that case should be able to win one too

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I know he's a Seahawk and as rams fans we hate Seahawks but there's no way you can argue Wilson is simply a game manager like Trent Dilfer. Whether or not he had to rely on his team to win a Super Bowl, he's still a franchise qb and it's quite absurd to think case can be as good as Russell or that because Russell won Super Bowl that case should be able to win one too

And trying to win with RWs arm instead of the strength of his team is what cost that smug ass pete carol a SB, serves him right. The one thing RW does have that Case doesnt is arm strength.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We give Russell Wilson hell here, because the Rams were built to beat the Hawks...But i have to give the devil his due, everyone here if they are being honest, would be huge RW homers if he was on the Rams right now....:homercrawl:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks for the camp reports. Sorry it turned into a starting QB rant. Remembered anything else you think we would be interested to know?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Ideally Goff starts the season but as far as I've seen he isn't ready.

Shhhhhh don't tell anyone with so much conviction... Keep the 49ers guessing

Shhh-Hungover-GIF.gif

giphy.gif

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad you asked Mojo. Hacksaw Elvis and I talked about this. Most of Goff snaps are form shotgun. If G'off lines up under center, he's handing it off. Goff has yet to throw a pass if he lines up under center. I saw where he lined up under c, took the snap, handed it off, and then continued back and play faked like he still had the ball. No one on D was buying it. the little girl in the third row eating ice cream wasn't buying it.
Attention Rams opponents! If Goff lines up under center, its a running play!

WTF, shouldn;t Goff be practicing taking snaps from under c, and dropping back to throw the ball?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Glad you asked Mojo. Hacksaw Elvis and I talked about this. Most of Goff snaps are form shotgun. If G'off lines up under center, he's handing it off. Goff has yet to throw a pass if he lines up under center. I saw where he lined up under c, took the snap, handed it off, and then continued back and play faked like he still had the ball. No one on D was buying it. the little girl in the third row eating ice cream wasn't buying it.

WTF, shouldn;t Goff be practicing taking snaps from under c, and dropping back to throw the ball?

If you're a defense that is a dangerous assumption given Goff's arm talent. I hope teams assume that once the kid gets in there, because I'm pretty sure Boras and Groh are smart enough to take advantage.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The number one way a running team can have success is to loosen the box by the threat of the deep pass...short passing game + running team...talk about 3 yards and a cloud of dust...
As long as we're winning...who cares, right?

What type of load are we placing on our running game? What type of balance are we trying to have? Just like the deception of Tavon streaking for the end around compliments the running game, a wr (Britt) flying down the field will pull safeties out of the box, enabling better running lanes...Simple but very effective...Rams teams won like this in the 70's....Compliment your bruising running game with the threat of the deep strike...

What type of fear does Case strike into the defensive backfield if he can't throw deep?
All solid points. Goff is the QB of the future. Case Keenum gives ThenRams the best chance to win right now. Goff in his last interview I saw he said he wants to throw the ball downfield more.ahe understands what you've been crying about & I'm sure even heard you.

He said the throws are the same concept.The Rams will start moving the ball more downfield.I think Case is improving as well.He has been working real hard & has takin leadership.That to me says all I want to know.Move the ball downfield score.
---Case runs a good 2 minute drill. Fisher gets to conservative as well. Wants to much game management

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
With Case at QB this is true, and it is true that he and Gurley with a good defense give this team a good chance to win.

But what happens when they see a good defense that can bottle it up? Case is not the QB who can prevent that by droppin dimes downfield. Goff is. This why they need to get him ready as soon as they can. I mean it is what it is. There is no reason to act like Case is being victimized, and I'm not saying you are, but just pointing out that when they took Goff the rationale was that they would finally have talent there that can make a difference game in and game out.
You let the season play out !! No victimized . Case is signed for only this season ? Goff is just not ready. Case can bring value if The Rams win now.
-- Case reminds me a little bit like a Jeff Garcia ?? Russell Wilson has never impressed me as a deep passer

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I hope they know what they're doing. A Gurley-centric offense has little use for a shotgun QB.
Nothing wrong with a balanced blend of gun vs drop back, but it doesn't take rocket science to understand the value of using play action and a fullback with #30 back there.

Gurley and Cunningham will be effective in the gun offense too(i get that), but with Goff being alien to the drop back and pro style offense i'm a little stupified that they're not drilling it into him almost exclusively. Maybe the plan really is to let him sit, watch, practice and hold a clipboard for awhile.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Watching Seahawks @ Rams week 1 last year right now(getting my money's worth on Game Pass this year) and Lynch is useless with Wilson in the gun unless they run the delayed screen. Makes defending Lynch pretty easy for a good defense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

That TD throw to Brown was under center. I doubt that when he plays, that Fisher would allow the offense to be so obvious.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I wonder how much thought is put into what to run when the public is there or the cameras are rolling v what to what in closed practices. Any? A lot?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder how much thought is put into what to run when the public is there or the cameras are rolling v what to what in closed practices. Any? A lot?

It's a good question. There must be some variations practiced in private, perhaps the new wrinkles Groh is adding, etc.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
To me, Fisher is using the same prudent approach with Goff that he has with every rookie he's drafted. Even Aaron Donald didn't start until week 6 in 2014. JF is a veteran coach with a mature view about player development. Case is there to manage the offense until Jared is ready to operate successfully.

I will make a bet with ANYONE that next training camp we hear how Goff is "light years" better than his first year when he was still learning a "foreign language." Snisher will reiterate how players make their biggest leaps from year one to year two. His confidence, health, and good habits are predicated by his readiness to do the job well.

How many times will those who wish to rush Jared's development ignore Fisher's repeated assertions that Goff WILL NOT START until the staff agrees he is ready.

Pump the brakes boys. It will happen when they are ready.