Aug-25 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Getting Ready to go right now. I'll be focusing on Wr's (Quick, Thomas), DB's, (Gaines, Hill), OL, ( Battle Havenstien), 7 on 7's, 11 on 11's. It Probably won't go like that, they keep changing fields and its impossible to see everything, so much is going on at the same time. Just have to focus on what comes up in front. Looking forward to meeting some RFU members.
Hope to get enough for a decent cap report.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Look for the Hard Knocks sideline camera. It should be on the field the team will use for the 11 on 11.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Seems Britt and Quick were running late for practice...
Golf Cart.gif

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
It's ok guys....for those of you waiting on @bubbaramfan he should be issuing a report any minute. He just ran by the store for some gum, real quick...

man falling over rope funny gif.gif

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Is Spruce still wearing a brace and/or in street clothes ?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Thanks man! Couldn't make it......again. DANG!

BTW, I think you'll see Hav and Battle on the sidelines working individually and Spruce should still be in his brace.

IF NOT! REPORT RIGHT AWAY!

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Unfortunately I heard a radio report of Goff in "red zone" 7 on 7 drills. He threw a pick in the end zone. They stated it would have been a pick 6 if it happened in a game. 1070 am radio approx 5:30pm

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Getting Ready to go right now. I'll be focusing on Wr's (Quick, Thomas), DB's, (Gaines, Hill), OL, ( Battle Havenstien), 7 on 7's, 11 on 11's. It Probably won't go like that, they keep changing fields and its impossible to see everything, so much is going on at the same time. Just have to focus on what comes up in front. Looking forward to meeting some RFU members.
Hope to get enough for a decent cap report.
Did you ever make it out ??

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No. Based on all of the last two weeks of info on the web and tv.

I'm digesting all of the info I can find and - while I'm optimistic for the future - I feel like his chances of starting week 1 are pretty low. I really thought he would be the week 1 starter coming into camp but now I'm thinking he sits awhile.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No. Based on all of the last two weeks of info on the web and tv.

Case Kenum has gone down & scored everytime He has been on the field. Except for 2 times that were due to mistakes. One was Barnes moved the ball , & on 3rd & 6 he got flushed out of the pocket. Maybe should have stayed in there a little longer,but the hole he saw closed up super fast.
- The next drive on 3rd down Tavon Austin dropped as easy first down play on a short out.
He has had 3 scoring drives successful out of 5 . I don't get what there is not to like against Case Keenum ?
--The 2 games he has lost as a Ram QB has been because Greg the Leg missed field goals. The one game was when Fisher did not pull him during his concusion .

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Case Kenum has gone down & scored everytime He has been on the field. Except for 2 times that were due to mistakes. One was Barnes moved the ball , & on 3rd & 6 he got flushed out of the pocket. Maybe should have stayed in there a little longer,but the hole he saw closed up super fast.
- The next drive on 3rd down Tavon Austin dropped as easy first down play on a short out.
He has had 3 scoring drives successful out of 5 . I don't get what there is not to like against Case Keenum ?
--The 2 games he has lost as a Ram QB has been because Greg the Leg missed field goals. The one game was when Fisher did not pull him during his concusion .
Because of plays like the deep ball to Britt. He just doesn't have the arm to get it there. All you can do is hope for a DPI call. He's pretty accurate but weak armed QBs almost never last in this league.

Also, we scored 13, 21, 31 and 23 points with him as a starter. There were 2 defensive touchdowns and a field goal from a long kick return. That turns out to be 17 ppg. Which is not good enough.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm digesting all of the info I can find and - while I'm optimistic for the future - I feel like his chances of starting week 1 are pretty low. I really thought he would be the week 1 starter coming into camp but now I'm thinking he sits awhile.

I have read that Keenum has not looked as good as earlier and Goff has been practicing much better. We know that having Goff ready by game 1 is what the coaches would like to see. He has a great arm and it's stronger than Keenum's.

I am all for waiting on Goff's development if needed and expected it to take a third of the season but, I am now starting to think that it is a good possibility for him to start the first game. He has progressed the last few weeks. I think that if he starts the Denver game and plays without mistakes that he ends up as the starter. He is close.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Just like Megatron said, Kase doesn't have the arm talent. It limits the offense too much. If Goff is close then he should start IMO