Article: We should expect Kyle Shanahan is the next coach of LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It sure looks really good when you have a Telvin Coleman and Devonte Freeman and Julio Jones.

We are going to need to aquire some talent folks. A coach is only part of the equation.

True.

But keep this in mind... An offensive idiot will convince himself he can win with guys like Britt and Quick and sell the front office on paying a guy like Tavon who they don't know how to use.

The offensive coach will see the needs clearly and move to rectify them. EDIT: look at this past offseason for example and ask yourself why they didn't go hard after a guy like Boldin, who I was convinced could come in here and not only help us on the field but help our young wideouts to see how a real pro carries himself in preparations for gameday.

A55VA6

Legend
I think Shanahan would be a good choice, but he is young with no head coaching experience.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
The Team needs Discipline. Needs an Offensive Identity. A way to keep the Current Defense with more press coverage and stout run defense.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I wonder how long before we start hearing about actual interviews. Obviously after the season is over but... Anyone remember the timing after Spags was cut loose?

Great question.... I don't recall the timing after Spags was cut loose.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Shanahan talks about his offensive philosophy, I think he'd be great for Gurley and Goff and our o-line. If he could bring in veteran coordinators I'd be on board.

View: https://youtu.be/zusGhqgDvPE

Interesting.
So it seems Kyle Shanahan is not a fan of the big backs, he prefers scat backs that can get yards in chunks with just a few runs.
That's what I am gathering from that video anyway.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Interesting.
So it seems Kyle Shanahan is not a fan of the big backs, he prefers scat backs that can get yards in chunks with just a few runs.
That's what I am gathering from that video anyway.

That's not what I got out of it, he said he likes good backs, that being good is more important than size or style and he named some big backs he likes and some smaller backs he likes. Anyway i'm sure he would be happy with Gurley and Cunningham.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
It seemed like Chris Collinsworth agrees as well. Anyone else catch that last night too?

I think Snead and Shanny would be a good combo. However, we need to be more aggressive in FA next year. Negotiate some bloated contracts (Quinn and Barron) and pay others (Tree, Tru) and grab some quality FA (Jeffrey and Leary).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Is Mike Shanahan that good to be in the Rams front office?

Yes he is because at this point, Fatty Arbuckle is that good to be in the Rams front office!
tumblr_mssg8fHusE1qeuadso1_500.gif

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It seemed like Chris Collinsworth agrees as well. Anyone else catch that last night too?

I think Snead and Shanny would be a good combo. However, we need to be more aggressive in FA next year. Negotiate some bloated contracts (Quinn and Barron) and pay others (Tree, Tru) and grab some quality FA (Jeffrey and Leary).

Yes I caught that too, he mentioned both Shanahan's....This would be great for the Rams IMO and I would hope they would consider keeping Williams, Waufle and Fassel as well.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yes I caught that too, he mentioned both Shanahan's....This would be great for the Rams IMO and I would hope they would consider keeping Williams, Waufle and Fassel as well.
I would love it if we could get both of them and keep Waufle and Fassel. Disagree on Williams though, he needs to be fired

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I would love it if we could get both of them and keep Waufle and Fassel. Disagree on Williams though, he needs to be fired
This. Call it a conspiracy, but I think New York doesn't like GWill either. The fumble at the end of the falcons game, the interception by Hager, and the fumble by the punter #trollfail should all have been turnovers.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I just want a good defensive coordinator, hopefully, whoever is the next Head Coach, he has one in mind...IMO, even when Mike Shanahan was in Denver his DC was not that good in Greg Robinson, who Dick Vermeil ended up firing while he was with the Chiefs.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I just want a good defensive coordinator, hopefully, whoever is the next Head Coach, he has one in mind...IMO, even when Mike Shanahan was in Denver his DC was not that good in Greg Robinson, who Dick Vermeil ended up firing while he was with the Chiefs.
The DC is a tough call and your right about Robinson but Williams with all the talent we have on the D has failed. The soft coverageand giving 15 yard cushions on 3rd and 14 is nuts. Also why rush 3 DL? He does this but the majority of your talent is in the DL so your sitting one of your best players. Williams needs to go.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The DC is a tough call and your right about Robinson but Williams with all the talent we have on the D has failed. The soft coverageand giving 15 yard cushions on 3rd and 14 is nuts. Also why rush 3 DL? He does this but the majority of your talent is in the DL so your sitting one of your best players. Williams needs to go.

There should be plenty available...Gus Bradley, Rex Ryan, Mike Pettine (who I don't like), besides other position coaches as well.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Our horrible offense was on display last night for the nation to see. I think it needs so much fixing a coach like Harbaugh or Gruden will definitely say no thanks to this HC job. I think we gotta go the up and coming OC or DC route like Shanahan, McDaniels, Cooter, Patricia, etc. Maybe a college coach like Shaw would take the job. I dont see Saban leaving his gravy train in Alabama. Please say no to Pete Carroll (not that he would take the job). As a Bruin fan and Rams fan I would have a horrible time rooting for him. Hes such a scumbag and that was on display last night. If I had to guess id say its gonna be Kyle Shanahan or Josh McDaniels because the offense needs so much fixing that I think we go with a offensive guy.