Article: We should expect Kyle Shanahan is the next coach of LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...d-coach-121416?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

The Los Angeles Rams are in need of a head coach that can turn water into wine, especially with quarterback Jared Goff. Kyle Shanahan’s scheme in Atlanta has Matt Ryan posting perennial All-Pro numbers.

Even better, the Falcons have experienced a lot of success in spreading the ball around this season. Shanahan has developed a knack for getting Atlanta’s raw athletes the ball in open space.

Taylor Gabriel is the example of the difference a player can make when properly utilized.

Ultimately, the Rams need a head coach who can maximize the offensive talent already in place. One can assume Rams GM Les Snead saw Gabriel’s 64-yard touchdown play on Sunday and thought about Tavon Austin.

Or how about the potential of Todd Gurley running the ball inside Kyle Shanahan’s offense? The Rams don’t have the best offensive line in the league but then again, neither do the Falcons.

Los Angeles needs a head coach who can generate optimism and motivate fans along the West Coast. Stan Kroenke will soon be selling luxury suites in Inglewood’s new, $2.66 billion stadium, a task made easier with washed-up Jeff Fisher gone.

The Rams’ marketing team would have no problem selling a new era behind Kyle Shanahan to season ticket holders. Shanahan is young (37), innovative, and he’s got the football pedigree.

Of course, Kyle’s father is 2-time Super Bowl winning coach, Mike Shanahan.

Offensive guys filled all seven NFL head coaching vacancies last offseason. As the league continues to evolve, rules designed to protect player safety are handicapping defenses. This puts pressure on offenses to put up big yards and constantly outscore the opposition. Developing franchise quarterbacks remains essential as rarely do teams win big games without a good on under center.

Having worked with a few different types of quarterbacks, Kyle Shanahan may be as flexible as coaches come. Matt Schaub played out a pair of career years while Shanahan’s was Houston Texans’ offensive coordinator. Shanahan also ran the Washington Redskins offense during Robert Griffin’s Rookie of the Year season.

Shanahan spent a year as Cleveland Browns’ offensive coordinator before joining the Falcons. Speculation indicated Shanahan was not in agreement with the Browns’ front office on Johnny Manziel as the starting quarterback.

Kyle Shanahan makes too much sense for the Los Angeles Rams and should be one of their first interviews this offseason.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see it. Him or McDaniels would make me happy (out of the realistic options)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Would be absolutely ecstatic with Kyle Shanahan. Him and Goff are a recipe for championships imo.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wonder how long before we start hearing about actual interviews. Obviously after the season is over but... Anyone remember the timing after Spags was cut loose?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
No on Kyle as HC. Yes as an OC though. Rams just don't have a very good track record with rookie HC's.
Be a good 1--2 if Rams could get his dad as HC and Kyle as OC.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Damn @jrry32 going to get this one right too!
leonardo-dicaprio-shrug.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's a logical choice, but how does he square with Kroenke's desire to do things "The Patriot Way"? That's what Stan wants. He said so. He's got that book and treats it like his bible. Funny thing is, doing things the patriot way (puke) is incumbent upon the GM and President of Football Operations. Not so much on the Head Coach. And I will say this about that (Sneadism) ... our drafts have not been in alignment with their philosophy.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm just gonna have an open mind.

No signing is gonna get me too high or low because no signing inherently means anything.

Winning games means something.

We all got jacked about Spags. (or most did) And that didn't work out.

We all got jacked about Fisher. (or most did) And that didn't work out.

I'll likely be pretty excited about whomever the Rams sign.

That said... I hope this last season is instructional about getting too drunk on the Kool-Aid during the off-season.

I think I'm turning into a realist/pollyanna swirl

Ice-Cream-Cups_Strawberry-Swirl-1030x1030.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...d-coach-121416?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

The Los Angeles Rams are in need of a head coach that can turn water into wine, especially with quarterback Jared Goff. Kyle Shanahan’s scheme in Atlanta has Matt Ryan posting perennial All-Pro numbers. Even better, the Falcons have experienced a lot of success in spreading the ball around this season. Shanahan has developed a knack for getting Atlanta’s raw athletes the ball in open space.

Taylor Gabriel is the example of the difference a player can make when properly utilized.

Ultimately, the Rams need a head coach who can maximize the offensive talent already in place. One can assume Rams GM Les Snead saw Gabriel’s 64-yard touchdown play on Sunday and thought about Tavon Austin. Or how about the potential of Todd Gurley running the ball inside Kyle Shanahan’s offense? The Rams don’t have the best offensive line in the league but then again, neither do the Falcons.

Los Angeles needs a head coach who can generate optimism and motivate fans along the West Coast. Stan Kroenke will soon be selling luxury suites in Inglewood’s new, $2.66 billion stadium, a task made easier with washed-up Jeff Fisher gone. The Rams’ marketing team would have no problem selling a new era behind Kyle Shanahan to season ticket holders. Shanahan is young (37), innovative, and he’s got the football pedigree.

Of course, Kyle’s father is 2-time Super Bowl winning coach, Mike Shanahan.

Offensive guys filled all seven NFL head coaching vacancies last offseason.

Offensive guys filled all seven NFL head coaching vacancies last offseason. As the league continues to evolve, rules designed to protect player safety are handicapping defenses. This puts pressure on offenses to put up big yards and constantly outscore the opposition. Developing franchise quarterbacks remains essential as rarely do teams win big games without a good on under center.

Having worked with a few different types of quarterbacks, Kyle Shanahan may be as flexible as coaches come. Matt Schaub played out a pair of career years while Shanahan’s was Houston Texans’ offensive coordinator. Shanahan also ran the Washington Redskins offense during Robert Griffin’s Rookie of the Year season.

Shanahan spent a year as Cleveland Browns’ offensive coordinator before joining the Falcons. Speculation indicated Shanahan was not in agreement with the Browns’ front office on Johnny Manziel as the starting quarterback.

Kyle Shanahan makes too much sense for the Los Angeles Rams and should be one of their first interviews this offseason.
Duude...(I'm the guy next to X.)

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Makes sense. We need to maximize Goff's skill set after all. As long as he can work with Snead.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No on Kyle as HC. Yes as an OC though. Rams just don't have a very good track record with rookie HC's.
Be a good 1--2 if Rams could get his dad as HC and Kyle as OC.
That can't happen. Only way to get Kyle out of Atlanta is as HC. No way Atlanta let's him leave

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I've seen some comments about the elder Shanny as his son's OC/Assistant head coach but what about him in the front office running football operations with Snead on his 2 year extension as the GM?