Article: The Redemption of Josh McDaniels

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay....this is where I stand with KD....I am hoping, GM/Fish don't just say, we need to get Britt/Barron/Tavon/Ogletree/Saffold or whoever SIGNED! And Kevin just says, " ok". Because, this is how we get Kendricks, Austin, Barnes, Barron, Saffold, Quinn, and Brockers signed...and the only guys playing up to their contracts are Brockers & Barron (barely). Whos decision was it to sign guys to these figures? Who decided to low ball Jenkins? They should have some type of table to show future value of a veteran versus a draft pick. Because whomever is handling this end of the business is doing it terribly. The best players should be paid the best. I believe any accountant can get the numbers correct. Front load a deal...We need someone that knows WHO to offer contracts. For how much...and how long.

That's indeed how it works. Demoff's job was to structure, negotiate, and track. Fisher and Snead decided who were re-signed and gave Demoff the range he was working with while negotiating. At least, that's how I've seen the system work.

It's not as simple as any accountant getting the numbers right. There's a reason why we brought on Demoff. We were in cap hell. He got us out. We currently have a great cap situation because of how he structures contracts.

He's very very good at his job.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That's indeed how it works. Demoff's job was to structure, negotiate, and track. Fisher and Snead decided who were re-signed and gave Demoff the range he was working with while negotiating. At least, that's how I've seen the system work.
Who decides the final number? Like with Jenkins, he felt insulted by the Rams offer last year and said he'd bet on himself and wait until the season was over to re-negotiate. Who decided NOT to raise the initial offer to Jenoris? Who decided that Jenoris' offer was fair market value for a #1 CB? Who decided Quinn's numbers? Kendricks? Saffold? While I can understand and respect his decisions, I don't think enough thought was put into who stayed or left last year by a football guy...I agree with what Barron was paid (overpaid IMO)....I don't agree with the decision to let a prime talent like Jenkins hit FA. I also don't agree with the Tavon Austin contract. I don't know of ONE financial officer in the NFL that would...Where did Kevin get that number? Which players were used to compare it with?
Again, not a knock, just some unanswered questions I have going forward. If we're gonna right this ship, lets clean it out, top to bottom...seems we started in the middle, with obvious deficiencies at the top.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who decides the final number? Like with Jenkins, he felt insulted by the Rams offer last year and said he'd bet on himself and wait until the season was over to re-negotiate. Who decided NOT to raise the initial offer to Jenoris? Who decided that Jenoris' offer was fair market value for a #1 CB? Who decided Quinn's numbers? Kendricks? Saffold? While I can understand and respect his decisions, I don't think enough thought was put into who stayed or left last year by a football guy...I agree with what Barron was paid (overpaid IMO)....I don't agree with the decision to let a prime talent like Jenkins hit FA. I also don't agree with the Tavon Austin contract. I don't know of ONE financial officer in the NFL that would...Where did Kevin get that number? Which players were used to compare it with?
Again, not a knock, just some unanswered questions I have going forward. If we're gonna right this ship, lets clean it out, top to bottom...seems we started in the middle, with obvious deficiencies at the top.

Snead, Fisher, Demoff, and others discuss it. Demoff lays out for them the realities of the cap and what the market value is. I'm sure they give him a range with a maximum amount.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Snead, Fisher, Demoff, and others discuss it. Demoff lays out for them the realities of the cap and what the market value is. I'm sure they give him a range with a maximum amount.
Ok, my point is...I agree with this role...negotiate contracts. Finding football guys, should be left to someone else.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
To whom else?
While I love many of your suggestions...I'm looking for new blood....Tired of the....same ole....This is NEW BLOOD \/
david-shaw-head-coach-stanford_pg_600.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I love many of your suggestions...I'm looking for new blood....Tired of the....same ole....This is NEW BLOOD \/

But he's a coach. Someone has to conduct the search that includes him in order to get him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But he's a coach. Someone has to conduct the search that includes him in order to get him.
Ok, I'LL PLAY...
hire a consultant to begin the entire search process...and give the hire total anonymity......if the new GM/Coach want to fire Kevin...go ahead and step down...I'd grab Tony Dungy...Maybe that other guy on espn...ex GM of the Colts...Polian

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I'LL PLAY...
hire a consultant to begin the entire search process...and give the hire total anonymity......if the new GM/Coach want to fire Kevin...go ahead and step down...I'd grab Tony Dungy...Maybe that other guy on espn...ex GM of the Colts...Polian

I doubt Kevin's head is on the chopping block, nor should it be. That wouldn't be what a coach search committee or consultant is for.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill

I don't watch college much so what's so special about this guy? I really want to know.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Despite the fact that I laughed out loud....can you imagine the freakin HYPE train around this guy in LA??? OMFG it would be bigger than Fernando Mania
Every other game the fans would be chanting for a different QB.
So, the entertainment potential is there.