Are You More Connected or Less Connected in the Off season Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

More or Less Connected to the Rams Off Season moves After a Super Bowl?

• More Connected

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Less Connected and Thank God for GOT.

Votes: 28 65.1%

• Total voters

Slipcubus

UDFA
I'll admit I've definitely been disconnected, but not completely sure why. Obviously we all took the superbowl loss hard, but I was over it in a couple of weeks. Last year when the behind the grind episodes came out I was watching them on my lunch break the day they came out...I've yet to watch an episode this year. The draft has gotten me more excited for the offseason, even though we didn't take any big name guys. I think that's just a testament to how strong our roster really is. Most of the guys we took are depth and replacements for our aging vets. I just hope Mcvay can straighten out the offense and make us a little less predictable and I have hopes we'll be able to make it back.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I don't know why, but I am having trouble getting into the offseason this year. We have a good-great team this year, after having participating in the Super Bowl. Yes, we lost and that hurt a lot at the time but I have a sense of trust about Snead & co during the McVay era. I didn't trust Snead in the Fisher era, but we found out what the problem really was when Fisher was replaced by McVay.

I have zero clues about the guys we drafted, except what some of you have said. We are relegated to the guys rarely spoken about in the press because of the teams draft position (because the team was great last year). I see guys that I mostly follow during the regular season, just going off the rails in player evaluation, talking about the greatness of this or that player that only they have heard of...I tried listening, but my eyes glaze over after a while. I did like Clay Matthews and Eric Weddle signings, but do I like them for what they were instead of what they are now?

I am looking forward to Camp and seeing/hearing about Aaron Donald, which we haven't heard since the first Camp in LA. So how about you guys?

I agree with everything you wrote. So few players drafted ever go on to have a big impact upon the team that drafted them that I find analyzing (emphasis on the first 4 letters of previous word) the possible picks (ugh) or even the players picked unnecessarily tedious at best whether the Rams were in the Super Bowl or not.

I find free agency more interesting since the talent is proven at the NFL level and the number of teams interested in filling that need is fewer.

I'd like to get some definitive news about Gurley going into camp.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
BTW, for me, the second-most exciting offseason ever was (not surprisingly) the 1998-1999 offseason. Rams picked up a jazzy new O-coordinator named Mike Martz, a solid OG from Green Bay in Adam Timmerman, a HOF caliber young rook named Torry Holt, a solid corner in Dre Bly, and... what else... oh yeah, some dude named Marshall Faulk.
I still remember where I was and what I was doing the moment I heard about the trade for Faulk on the radio. I hadn't felt like that since the baseball Cardinals traded for Bruce Sutter.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I am less connected than years past. When the team is better and the roster is more settled I tend to have less interest in the draft and the off-season overall. Plus life changes have affected the time I spend following the team in the off season. Also I tend to be less invested in following specific players as I once did because so many end up leaving.

In my lifetime the Ram's season ending in 9 has usually had some very good teams usually the best team of that decade and 2019 is upon us.

1969 Rams 11-3 Lost in playoffs
1979 Rams 9-7 Super Bowl Loss
1989 Rams 11-5 Lost NFC Championship
1999 Rams 13-3 Super Bowl Champs
2009 Rams 1-15 Worst Season in my lifetime
2019 ????

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I'm less connected or just really into my off-season mode.

15 posts in March, 7 in April. Mostly in the Boobies and Booty threads, lol.

Focused on bringing in Q2 numbers and getting my golf game organized.

There is Stanley Cup hockey on EVERY night! I am so into the Stanley Cup right now.

I'm not a draftnik; I would not presume to second guess the paid professionals and insist that my "draft board" is gospel and then proceed to be pissed that my players weren't chosen by the Rams.

I'm sorry but that is so tired. I don't have time to be a fantasy GM. I stay the hell out of those stroke-fests.

Since they damn near traded out of the first 2 rounds, everyone's "board" went up in smoke, LOL!

The Super Bowl just deepened my resolve. They were THAT close. Maybe two plays.
The Gurley run called back for a specious hold and the Cooks strip-drop in the back of the EZ.

It was easier to get over this time. I expected an ugly game with the Pats. That's just what you get playing them. They drag you into the mud with all of the holds and bullcrap, intended to slow down explosive teams, knowing that it won't get called.

I believe that the Rams will be right back in the mix with good/great players and their young, gifted and committed coach.

I'm dropping in from time to time.

Have a great summer boys!

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
There was a time when the dedicated draftniks among us felt justified in asserting that we could do AT LEAST as good a job if not significantly better than the Rams FO.

This led to me and others, likely, spending hours playing fantasy scout and GM.

With the current FO, scouting crew and coaches, it’s hard to argue that we civilians have a better grasp on how to improve the team.

For me, I took the time off because I just have that much faith in the current crew and for the first time since the GSOT days, I want to focus more on the camps and season. In the past, the best part of the season was the draft... it was the only time we had hope.

I hope it stays this way for a really long time.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Have to concur with @Ramrocket & @snackdaddy I'm about the same although the draft has rejuvenated me...I handled this loss much better, but I'm older and can afford better Scotch. The family was awesome and I actually went a couple months of not listening to sports radio and singing some great songs alone in the vehicle.

Living in an area where golf is year round, I golfed more on Sundays. I still suck at it but I keep trying and it gives me something to look forward to. Maybe one day I won't suck as much at it. :cool:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Living in an area where golf is year round,

I'm envious, however, several more years and I will be able to play more often as well. My father was (still around) a scratch golfer in his prome and when we would play together in our younger years, I used to tell him I really didn't know how good he was because he was never in trouble. Always in the fairway, always on the green in regulation, but can you hit out of the woods??? I knew I could...And I got my money's worth because I used the whole course.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm 100% addicted to our team year round. Call me an addict... I take it as a compliment.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
More connected. Having great coaching staff, having confidence in the coaching staff and front office working together to find players that are smart and fit the roster is much different from the past. Its fun being a fan. The way it is suppose to be.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Less connected: Used to get into heavy speculation regarding Rams offseason transitions, now I just wait and see for a definitive answer. Found other things to do to keep myself occupied when the NFL drought is in.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to disconnect a bit after the Super Bowl loss.

In the last five years I've seen some improbable stuff..

Ohio State got smashed and embarrassed in the CPF by Clemson

Indians lost the World Series

Cavs lost the finals three times

Rams lost the Super Bowl

If you go back to just 2013, the Rams, Indians and Cavs were terrible. Within just six years I've seen OSU win the National Championship and the Cavs win the title - and then a combined five Pro Championship losses. I care for the Rams more than the others put together and multiplied by a thousand - so after the Super Bowl I felt like I had been put through the ringer.

But once draft season started up, I got back into it. Now I loved this draft so much I'm back to being invested fully, but I do think I'll need to take a step back next year. This year I had such high expectations for the Rams that I left some wins not 100% happy - and I spent way too much time watching football in general. I'll have to figure out how to balance that.

Less. We're intentionally shopping for #2 or #3 guys on the depth chart for this year, even trading back twice. So we don't get the shiny new starters to ooh and aaah over. It's a comfortable feeling, to be able to just let it all go and then ask "what did we grab?" at the end as opposed to nit picking over the 120th vs the 123rd best player in the draft.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm 100% addicted to our team year round. Call me an addict...
giphy.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
She'll treat you like a brother!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Definitely more connected. Decisions seem to be a lot less about pleasing the fans and more focused on improving the team.

The transition of this defense has actually been fun to watch.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't say WHICH brother! Cersei has a word for flv....

Daaaaaaammmmmmnnnn! SNAP!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I feel the same as always. No change in dedication or interest
I check in here daily, searching for any Rams news I can find.