Are You More Connected or Less Connected in the Off season Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

More or Less Connected to the Rams Off Season moves After a Super Bowl?

• More Connected

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Less Connected and Thank God for GOT.

Votes: 28 65.1%

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know why, but I am having trouble getting into the offseason this year. We have a good-great team this year, after having participating in the Super Bowl. Yes, we lost and that hurt a lot at the time but I have a sense of trust about Snead & co during the McVay era. I didn't trust Snead in the Fisher era, but we found out what the problem really was when Fisher was replaced by McVay.

I have zero clues about the guys we drafted, except what some of you have said. We are relegated to the guys rarely spoken about in the press because of the teams draft position (because the team was great last year). I see guys that I mostly follow during the regular season, just going off the rails in player evaluation, talking about the greatness of this or that player that only they have heard of...I tried listening, but my eyes glaze over after a while. I did like Clay Matthews and Eric Weddle signings, but do I like them for what they were instead of what they are now?

I am looking forward to Camp and seeing/hearing about Aaron Donald, which we haven't heard since the first Camp in LA. So how about you guys?

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I'm about the same. I have always tried to source as much info about the Rams as I could. In the deep past it was more in the hope that we were showing signs of trying to improve. More recently, it has been to see what tweaks McSnead had planned.

All in all, I'm quite content at present and I expect another cracking year from the NFC champs.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It’s been hard for me to really get back into it this year. That Super Bowl loss hurt. We had a chance for revenge and failed. Now we lost to those fucking assholes twice in 18 years. I just want another chance to beat them. But I cannot stand to see them in another Super Bowl. I just need to see that franchise die forever.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It’s been hard for me to really get back into it this year. That Super Bowl loss hurt. We had a chance for revenge and failed. Now we lost to those freaking assholes twice in 18 years. I just want another chance to beat them. But I cannot stand to see them in another Super Bowl. I just need to see that franchise die forever.

I felt like that for a bit. But I decided there's more to life. They had a great season and look to entertain us for many more. I just like doing what fans do. Follow their team and discuss all things Rams related. And above all, enjoy it. The internet allows us to stay connected and year round.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Have to concur with @Ramrocket & @snackdaddy I'm about the same although the draft has rejuvenated me...I handled this loss much better, but I'm older and can afford better Scotch. The family was awesome and I actually went a couple months of not listening to sports radio and singing some great songs alone in the vehicle.

Ram65

Legend
I took the Super Bowl loss very hard. A bad game by the Rams yet they were in the forth quarter. Oh well. The Rod experience helped get beyond the loss and on to the off season. It's a whole new Rams experience in the off season seeing the Rams make moves to get back and win the Super Bowl.

Great discussions, speculation and the debates from Saffold's new contract amount to when Barron gets released to Fowler getting a big free agent deal nice to Kupps recovery to new players in Mathews, Bortles and the just drafted rookies have been great. Watching the Rams make the moves to keep the Super Bowl hopes alive is great entertainment. Discussing weather we agree or not is a blast.

Last edited:

…..

Legend
Excellent thread @LoyalRam

I’m disconnected this off season. It’s not the Super Bowl loss. I’ve mended.

I keep checking in. I’m looking for valuable content, my favorite posters, etc.

But as far as the team goes, I’m not worried much about it so I’m paying less attention. We don’t have a team to build anymore. We have a team to maintain. Much different than in years past.

Hope they don’t fuck it up. Pretty confident they won’t.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The off-season was more interesting while trying to rebuild the roster. The probability of drafting an Aaron Donald type was always around the corner. Plus, there were many options. Now that the roster is good and most of all draftees won't be starting its tougher for me to get as excited about the offseason. I'm ready for the season to start and the winning to continue. I'm ready to find out if McVay will have an answer to the defense that stifled the Rams thrice.

Plus I've purposely tried to spend less time on draft prospects. If you don't know as much about as many of them it makes it tough to really dig into the offseason.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Losing the Super Bowl didn’t bother me much. I never even thought the Rams would ever come home to L.A. I was so happy when they did—but was realistic that it was unlikely they’d be able to return to being perennially in the mix.

Yet here they are, with a lot of youth and a bright future organizationally. It’s just a great time to be a Rams fan and I am soaking it up!

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Winter was Coming" Cersei will comfort you...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Like What problems ?? None of them were fixed ??? I really don’t get most of the negativity, but then again I like watching the development of players. During the season , I seem not to watch as much.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
For me, this offseason seems less exciting only because it suffers in comparison to last year. The 2018 offseason was, by far, the most exciting offseason ever in my 40 years of being a Ram fan:

Trade away Ogletree
Trade away Quinn
Pick up Peters
And Talib
And Suh
And Cooks
And extending AD (finally!)

Amazing. HUGE, ball-clanking, fearless moves by Snead and co. Like many other fans, I was convinced these major moves had us on the way to being Super Bowl contenders. And they did.

BTW, for me, the second-most exciting offseason ever was (not surprisingly) the 1998-1999 offseason. Rams picked up a jazzy new O-coordinator named Mike Martz, a solid OG from Green Bay in Adam Timmerman, a HOF caliber young rook named Torry Holt, a solid corner in Dre Bly, and... what else... oh yeah, some dude named Marshall Faulk.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's just really nice to be able to sit back and relax, knowing that the Rams now know wtf they're doing. Even when they surprise me (like going after a SS with their first pick) it's guys who I know are good players not "WTF" type picks nowadays.

I feel like they missed some opportunities in this draft. But whatever. It's way more fun to enjoy the ride and sit back knowing we're blessed right now as fans. Finally.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s been hard for me to really get back into it this year. That Super Bowl loss hurt. We had a chance for revenge and failed. Now we lost to those freaking assholes twice in 18 years. I just want another chance to beat them. But I cannot stand to see them in another Super Bowl. I just need to see that franchise die forever.
Ditto.

I'm definitely less connected. NOTHING would have topped beating the Pats...and we failed in spectacular fashion. The sport is getting a bit boring and tedious with the Pats winning every year. Spoke to a few fans (of other teams) in person, and everyone is experiencing the fatigue associated with these assholes dominating year in, year out.

Also...not to be negative, but I kinda felt like that was our one chance at winning a SB, and we missed it. In terms of "Ram probability", I just can't see us getting back to the dance for a very long time.

To balance out the above negativity - 2018 was an amazing year. From the off-season acquisition hype, to the first game at the Raiders when Peters pulled the beast mode crotch grab, to the Chiefs game (fucking mental game lol), to the Cowboys and Saints in the playoffs....it was a simply magical season. Regardless of the painful end.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
I'm still kind of holding back, emotionally detaching myself, I check in here still but that Superbowl loss stung me hard, I'm sure once the new seasons starts I'll get back into things full swing but for now I pop in here to see whats going on but don't stay too long cause I don't want to think about the Rams too long or I get upset about it all again

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Getting the RV ready for extended "disconnect". Grand Canyon N. Rim, Mesa Verde Cliff Dwellings, Canyonlands NP, Arches NP, 3 days volunteer excavating at Dinosaur Ntl Monument, 3 days 2 nights whitewater rafting through the Flaming Gorge on the Snake River. I made reservations on the Yellowstone River for a week for fly fishing in Yellowstone Ntl. Park. We've been planning this for 5 years.

I'll be back in time to attend Rams TC at Irvine.

EasyE

Starter
the ride up is always the best!...once at the top, complacency sets in.

its hard to top the '99 season...that was just UNBELIEVABLE. will never be matched.