Anyone watching NCAA FB Playoffs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know. It's not sexy, but we may have to deal with it.

Don't agree. If I'm not feeling either, I'm not going to pick them. No reason to waste a valuable pick on a guy I don't believe in.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Those two aren't within reach without selling the farm.
I'm more interested in guys like Hundley or Petty that will be available.
Yeah I meant of the qbs that are attainable for the rams he is who I would want.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Don't agree. If I'm not feeling either, I'm not going to pick them. No reason to waste a valuable pick on a guy I don't believe in.
I'm not limiting the search to only those two.
We're going to draft a qb early I believe.
I just doubt we move up for one.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not limiting the search to only those two.
We're going to draft a qb early I believe.
I just doubt we move up for one.

Yea, I'm sorry but I just can't get behind drafting a QB early unless I think highly of them. I'll give Hundley and Petty another shot...as I always do...but if I don't like either, I'm going to be ticked if we spend a 2nd on them.

Hopefully Petty impresses me this time around...because he sucked earlier in the year.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yea, I'm sorry but I just can't get behind drafting a QB early unless I think highly of them. I'll give Hundley and Petty another shot...as I always do...but if I don't like either, I'm going to be ticked if we spend a 2nd on them.

Hopefully Petty impresses me this time around...because he sucked earlier in the year.
Cook looked bad today as well. Doesn't seem to be much out there.
Whomever we draft I'm hopeful they won't have to start for a few years.

Any one else you've seen that has your interest?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cook looked bad today as well. Doesn't seem to be much out there.
Whomever we draft I'm hopeful they won't have to start for a few years.

Any one else you've seen that has your interest?

Cardale Jones if he declared...but he's not an immediate fix. Developmental mid to late round pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definitely has an arm. Raw is an understatement.

Yes. But in this case, it's a good thing. With his talent, if he proved he could improve and played well over a season...first round lock. If he was a mid to late round pick after a season or two starting, it would be because he lacks the skills, mental acuity, and hadn't improved(Logan Thomas).

But since he has so little experience, you don't know that he can't improve and develop. That makes him enticing to me...when tool guys like that in that range are usually not.

But yes, very raw. Not at all ready to start now. Still, the tools are off the charts. Cam Newton/Daunte Culpepper like physical talent.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Gotta disagree. Especially considering some of the total crap the NFL has drafted in the first round of late...
Blaine Gabbert
E.J. Manuel
Christian Ponder
Jake Locker
Johnny Manziel
Tim Tebow
Brandon Weeden

I'd take Mariota or Winston in a second over any of those guys as prospects.

Winston is a top 10 pick...purely on the field, he's a #1 overall pick. Just looked great in the second half of that game aside from the fumble. Knew exactly how to beat Oregon's zone that had given him some issues early on and was making accurate, precise throws.

He'll be turnover prone because he's a "hero"...doesn't give up on plays he should. But he'll also make more than enough plays for you to accept that.

That's a nice list.
Everyone of them graded out as 2nd or 3rd round talent. The only good thing about being drafted where they were was they got a fatter bank account.

Winston is going to be drafted in the first few picks, maybe #1 overall. So instead of your list he needs to be graded with Luck, Newton , Bradford, Tannehill, RG3, Stafford, Ryan.
He's better that a couple, way better than RG3. Is he better coming out then Luck or Ryan? LOL.

He has the physical skills and seemingly the work ethic to be a elite QB. But with the talent he was surrounded by in College he should have done much better this year. His level of production does not match his skills. That's why I can't give him a grade as high as others in recent years.

Right now I have him as the 12th best player and 1st QB in this class. Buc's take him and he will be okay. Jets? I say even money he busts with them and finds success later on.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a nice list.
Everyone of them graded out as 2nd or 3rd round talent. The only good thing about being drafted where they were was they got a fatter bank account.

Winston is going to be drafted in the first few picks, maybe #1 overall. So instead of your list he needs to be graded with Luck, Newton , Bradford, Tannehill, RG3, Stafford, Ryan.
He's better that a couple, way better than RG3. Is he better coming out then Luck or Ryan? LOL.

He has the physical skills and seemingly the work ethic to be a elite QB. But with the talent he was surrounded by in College he should have done much better this year. His level of production does not match his skills. That's why I can't give him a grade as high as others in recent years.

Right now I have him as the 12th best player and 1st QB in this class. Buc's take him and he will be okay. Jets? I say even money he busts with them and finds success later on.

Comparing him to the guys you named, this is how I rated them:
1. Bradford
2. Luck
3. Bridgewater(I added him to the list)
4. Winston
5. RGIII
6. Ryan
7. Newton
8. Stafford
9. Tannehill

I bought into the media story on RGIII. Had no idea he was such a mess in terms of personality and attitude.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Comparing him to the guys you named, this is how I rated them:
1. Bradford
2. Luck
3. Bridgewater(I added him to the list)
4. Winston
5. RGIII
6. Ryan
7. Newton
8. Stafford
9. Tannehill

I bought into the media story on RGIII. Had no idea he was such a mess in terms of personality and attitude.

Luck
Ryan
Stafford
Bradford
Above graded over 90.
Tannehill 88
RG3 88
Newton.88
Winston 88
Bridgewater. 86

RG3. All he needs is to get is head right, get out of Wash. and be fit into a scheme and he can be at least avg. QB.

I haven't graded Mariota. Because I think he's scheme dependent. If i did he would be 89

Luck was 96 highest grade in the 40 years I've done this.

Locker 80
Gabbert 78
Manziel 75

Anything under 82 is backup if that.

Prescott 85 as a H back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Luck
Ryan
Stafford
Bradford
Above graded over 90.
Tannehill 88
RG3 88
Newton.88
Winston 88
Bridgewater. 86

RG3. All he needs is to get is head right, get out of Wash. and be fit into a scheme and he can be at least avg. QB.

I haven't graded Mariota. Because I think he's scheme dependent. If i did he would be 89

Luck was 96 highest grade in the 40 years I've done this.

Locker 80
Gabbert 78
Manziel 75

Anything under 82 is backup if that.

Prescott 85 as a H back.

Very possibly. Problem with RGIII is that the rumors coming out are that he doesn't put the type of work in the film room and on his game mechanically that he needs to. That's one of the worst things, imo, that you can say about a QB.