Anyone watching NCAA FB Playoffs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Was going to say, that wasn't butt-fumble bad but it sure didn't look too good.

I wonder if this will be like the USC/Texas Rose Bowl where Mariota is Young and Winston is Leinart? Mariota goes early and Winston slides. Cardinals unexpectedly got Leinart at 10 that year and the Rams currently sit at 10....
after seeing him play against a good but not great team, you still want him? 3rd round performance this year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
LOL

May just be me but I love Winston's competitive fire and his vocal leadership. Reminds me of Favre. Just having fun ouchea.

Little sideline outbursts like these get WAY overblown, they happen often especially in games like this where things are getting out of control and emotions are high.

I don't place a bit of stock in it, this kind of stuff is meaningless.

Athos

Legend
ahahahahah.

FSU got creamed. And those sad sorry unsportsmanlike fuckers didn't even stay on the field to congratulate. Tucked tailed and slinked into the locker rooms.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
after seeing him play against a good but not great team, you still want him? 3rd round performance this year.

Hell yes. 3rd round performance? Did you watch the game? He had a terrible fumble...which was pretty hilarious. But that entire second half, he was shining as a passer.

ahahahahah.

FSU got creamed. And those sad sorry unsportsmanlike fuckers didn't even stay on the field to congratulate. Tucked tailed and slinked into the locker rooms.

Winston and Greene stayed on the field to shake hands.

But yea, with all the shit they talked, they should have at their crow like men.

moklerman

Warner-phile
And if he could read defenses, and throw a football with accuracy, and watch film, and practice.

Green wasn't going to save ML, nothing was going to save that guy from living it up when he should have been working at his craft.
I'm just going by what I saw his rookie year before he got hurt. IMO Whisenhunt destroyed Leinart. Wasn't the right coach for him at all. I agree that Leinart wasn't as mature as he needed to be at the NFL level but he had all the tools to succeed if he was handled correctly. Between Whis and the perpetually bad Cardinals o-line,, Leinart was injured and ruined.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Hell yes. 3rd round performance? Did you watch the game? He had a terrible fumble...which was pretty hilarious. But that entire second half, he was shining as a passer.

Winston and Greene stayed on the field to shake hands.

But yea, with all the crap they talked, they should have at their crow like men.

Yep watched every play. The 2nd half got him up to the 3rd level.

Neither of these guys grade high enough against QB's that became above avg, in the NFL taken historically over the last dozen years to be in the top 15 picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep watched every play. The 2nd half got him up to the 3rd level.

Neither of these guys grade high enough against QB's that became above avg, in the NFL taken historically over the last dozen years to be in the top 15 picks.

Gotta disagree. Especially considering some of the total crap the NFL has drafted in the first round of late...
Blaine Gabbert
E.J. Manuel
Christian Ponder
Jake Locker
Johnny Manziel
Tim Tebow
Brandon Weeden

I'd take Mariota or Winston in a second over any of those guys as prospects.

Winston is a top 10 pick...purely on the field, he's a #1 overall pick. Just looked great in the second half of that game aside from the fumble. Knew exactly how to beat Oregon's zone that had given him some issues early on and was making accurate, precise throws.

He'll be turnover prone because he's a "hero"...doesn't give up on plays he should. But he'll also make more than enough plays for you to accept that.

Athos

Legend
Jones playing like Maty Mauk all of a sudden.

And damn.......Elliot is good. Fucking Mizzou not being able to hold onto a legacy kid.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cardale Jones is draft eligible. If I were him, I'd enter it. Barrett will get the starting job back next year and is younger than Jones.

Jones is 6'5" 250 with a strong arm and mobility. NFL teams are considering drafting Brandon Bridge who has similar physical tools in the mid rounds. Logan Thomas went in the mid rounds last year.

Jones is younger than both and hasn't had nearly as much experience...which is imo a good thing. Because he hasn't proven he CAN'T improve unlike most developmental QBs drafted for their tools in the mid to late rounds.

I'd take him as our #3 QB if we had a legit #2.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Cardale Jones is draft eligible. If I were him, I'd enter it. Barrett will get the starting job back next year and is younger than Jones.

Jones is 6'5" 250 with a strong arm and mobility. NFL teams are considering drafting Brandon Bridge who has similar physical tools in the mid rounds. Logan Thomas went in the mid rounds last year.

Jones is younger than both and hasn't had nearly as much experience...which is imo a good thing. Because he hasn't proven he CAN'T improve unlike most developmental QBs drafted for their tools in the mid to late rounds.

I'd take him as our #3 QB if we had a legit #2.
I don't understand why guys like him aren't entering, it's such a weak class, someone will draft them. You can't teach this size/speed combo, and this kid looks like Cam. May even be able to convert to a TE, or DE, if QB position doesn't work out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand why guys like him aren't entering, it's such a weak class, someone will draft them. You can't teach this size/speed combo, and this kid looks like Cam. May even be able to convert to a TE, or DE, if QB position doesn't work out.

I hope he will. Would be smart of him. If he were a guaranteed starter next year, I'd say stay. Because he has potential to fly up boards next year. But he's going to be stuck behind Barrett. No reason to stay. Jump to the NFL while young and get developed by NFL coaches instead of Urban's system.