Anyone interested in seeing Austin Davis this week?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No. Clemens has the poise, knowledge, and leadership that gives the Rams the best chance to finish this season on a high note. The more confidence our young team has going into the offseason the better. We've had too much to overcome as it is. Why shake it up when a sense of stability is setting in? It would hurt more than it would help.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Do you think Davis would go back to his 2012 form in the current offense we have(not trying to find a justification for playing time, just wondering your opinion)? Did he look any better as camp got closer to ending as they dialed the offense back? How did Clemens look in a more spread offense this offseason? Do you think we woulda kept a more spread offense this year if Stacy had started the season and we had a real running game? One last question, Cook always seemed like he was beasting it up in trainging camp, yet we all know that wasn't the case as the year went on, what happened? Was it the system change? himself just not living up to the hype(my choice), etc?

Just curious about all this. I have always wanted to attend camp but never been able to, and these are the things i love hearing about.

I have no idea if he can or cant regain whatever it was he had in 2012. I pretty much didn't care for either of them throughout training camp. So, IMO, both Clemens and Davis left a lot to be desired. But I will at least say, IMO, they kept the right guy. Even if Bradford had never been injured, Clemens brought a veteran presence,, he had a total understanding of the offense, and whether people want to believe it or not, has been a good sounding board to Bradford.

I don't think Stacy being the RB would have made any difference in how they approached the scheme at the beginning of the year. And even if it had, he wasn't ready. He missed a lot of training camp, and just didn't look like the back he has developed into.

And yes, Cook looked like a beast throughout camp. I don't think it has as much to do with him not living up to the hype, but again, teams do their homework. After all the accolades coming out of the camp reports, and seeing the game he had in the opener against the Cardinals, he was a guy teams schemed to take away. If you take a closer look at the Arizona game, they played a "Man-2" scheme against us primarily They put Peterson on Givens, and Mathieu on Austin with safeties over the top, taking away the deep ball. That left Cook isolated on a LB most of the day.

Then, we get to ATL, and what do they do? They play primarily zone, neutralizing Cook's ability to take advantage of the mismatches. Has he been the productive player they hoped for? Obviously not. But again, after Bradford went down, and they changed their entire approach, he just hasn't been a big part of what they are trying to do.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they should put the names of all available free agent QB's in a hat, and while blindfolded pick one, sign him and let him start before I start Austin Davis

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He couldn't even get a job with one of the other teams being on their practice squad. The only reason he is back is because he somewhat knows the offense.

Clemens has been great as a back up, I don't mind seeing some competition for that job but I don't see wasting a very high pick in the upcoming draft on a QB

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now that we've won against TB it's out of the question. Rams are playing in Seattle for a winning season and you don't pass on that.

However, lots of players and QBs had bad play and have been cut by multiple teams before they flourished. It's not an indicator of their potential by itself.

Now that we've won against TB it's out of the question. Rams are playing in Seattle for a winning season and you don't pass on that.

However, lots of players and QBs had bad play and have been cut by multiple teams before they flourished. It's not an indicator of their potential by itself.

None losing season, not winning.

goldenram

UDFA
Don't get to check y'all out enough on here, gotta work too much.... I would like to see the guy get at least a chance to see if he has a shot as our back up. I agree that he didn't look as sharp as 2012 but you gotta admit that our 2-3 OLines were suckin in preseason. That being said, I didn't see practice and camp, but I don't see how anyone could say that KC was our clear cut #2 after preseason. Through the 4 preseason games KC was 23/47 with 4-Ints & 2-TDs and a few fumbles with a 64.9 rating. AD was 28/54 with 0-Ints & 3-TDs with a 83.2 rating.
In game 2 KC was 2/11 with 2-Ints & 0-TDs, 0.0 rating... At that point no one wanted him playing in a real game, but he seems to have performed decently when given the chance. And for all the Miami talk... AD was brought into Miami for a tryout when they thought Pat Devlin's ankle injury was much worse than it turned out to be. AD wasn't there a whole week before they found out Devlin was to be Ok, so they didn't need him. I don't know what the REAL coaches think, but I think that from what I've seen that AD is just as capable or better as KC with the possibility of saving us a draft pick for another needed position. Just my thinking....

goldenram

UDFA
8-8.... Like ending the season in a tie. Still not what we want. We strive for mediocrity...

RamzFanz

Damnit
I expect some apologies from everyone who attacked me.:shades:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Im excited for Austin, I'm not going to lie I was never big on him the whole time we had him but hes looking good!

GO AUSTIN!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Im excited for Austin, I'm not going to lie I was never big on him the whole time we had him but hes looking good!

GO AUSTIN!

Me too. He could be the QB for the future. Not sold on it, but it's certainly possible.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm sorry for everyone else attacking you.

And I'm sorry for calling you Donkey. You don't have to wipe your plates if you don't want to.

We should go out for some Lemon Filled Doughnuts sometime.