Any News On Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I do agree that they dropped the ball last draft with a very deep qb class and they screwed themselves.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Bradford is the rams best chance to win next year and people need to get over it.

No, actually they don't need to get over it. Members here are entitled to whatever opinion they have on SB's value to the Rams.

OkieRamFan

UDFA
Name
Harold
Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion. Here is mine. Sam comes back healthy and hungry. He does will and most around here will say they knew it all the time.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
My thing about the QB position is that we won't be in position to draft the top 2 QBs in this draft, but we should definitely grab one early. One can point to injury history when talking about Bradford, but the fact of the matter is he will most likely to be the best option immediately in terms of skill and experience; it is what it is. For me, it's re-sign Bradford to a cap friendly deal, draft a QB early in the draft, let the two compete and let the best man start.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His injury history is behind him? Based on what? He just tore the same acl 2 years in a row and didnt even make it out of pre season this year. That's not going out on a limb its praying.

Point blank...the Rams can't waste another season hoping Bradford stays healthy. That position needs to be addressed in a big way this offseason even IF sam sticks around
Never said they should, but I still think he is on this team in 2015 and he will beat out whatever rookie they pick. I Believe that he is behind the injuries and with the extra time strengthening the knee he will be ready to compete for the starting job

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion. Here is mine. Sam comes back healthy and hungry. He does will and most around here will say they knew it all the time.
I think almost everyone knows Sam has the ability to play at a high level (although he really hasn't even proved that yet.) the issue with him has always been his ability to stay on the field. I love Sam and think its beyond unfortunate what has happened to him. So if he does come back and play at a high level I think most around here would be right in saying they knew it all along...never questioned his ability just health

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Not sure how Bradford is.
But his agent is grinning because he's going ask the Rams for a raise.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Fuck, we are in a bad spot concerning the QB. Just don't think there is going to be any great options for us in the offseason.
We have to pray Bradfords healthy, and pray some more a sleeper type college guy pans out. Hard to see at this point, but stranger things have happened...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know Bradford is loved, but is there any chance we can focus on players who are actually playing for the Rams this season?

We won't know anything until after the season anyway.

Maybe we need an off-season/IR forum for these kinds of threads.

you got a problem with the rams starting qb? well i know you do since you take every chance to show your disdain for him.

but suck it up big fella, he's here until further notice and we can focus on any rams player we want.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Winston and Mariota will likely be out of reach with Hundley being a coin flip. I wouldn't complain if we get Hundley, Hogan, or Mannion; Rodgers looked no different as a draft prospect and look how he turned out after sitting behind Buhhreettt Farrrrvuh (John Madden voice). If Bradford stays healthy and stays productive while one of those guys plays well, they can be trade bait in the future.

The thing with Sam is even if he came back and was 100% all next year I still wouldn't trust him to stay healthy, he's played what? 2 full seasons in his last 5?

MFaulk107

The Realness
Draft a qb, but let Bradford start.
Let's just hope Robinson actually guards Bradford so he can get us wins!
Jake Long seems beat, not the pro bowl player he once was.

A55VA6

Legend
Obviously we need to draft a talented QB early, but I sure hope Sam is healthy next year and gets one last chance as the Rams starting QB... I believe in him.

A55VA6

Legend
Draft a qb, but let Bradford start.
Let's just hope Robinson actually guards Bradford so he can get us wins!
Jake Long seems beat, not the pro bowl player he once was.
I agree. I think at this point in Long's career, maybe he'd be better suited at guard. He gets beat too often on the outside.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
you got a problem with the rams starting qb? well i know you do since you take every chance to show your disdain for him.

Please don't make it personal.

Btw imo neither Hill, Davis, nor Bradford is the long-term answer at the QB position, and each one for different reasons. That's not showing disdain but looking at the facts and history of each of these players.

Ramathon

Many people saw BEFORE last draft that something like this could happen and that it would be a horrible spot to be in. The Rams are seeing how relevant the saying, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" really is. This regime gambled and got burned. ...

There's a big helping of truth in that. The question is, what QB would we have preferred to take in place of which of this past year's draft picks if we had a do over? Hindsight is always 20/20.

I guess some might suggest we could (should?) have taken Johnny HotDog in place of Aaron Donald, but I for one am glad we didn't. AD appears to have all the makings of a frequent ProBowler. And quite honestly, w/o him, I don't think the D is nearly as stout this year. I've just never been overly impressed with Langford, and quite honestly, Brockers hasn't been 'all that' IMO, either.

Others may suggest several possibilities over Joyner, but there were also a lot of screams for a FS at the time as well. I'm still not sure if Snisher drafted him with that role in mind. But these days, with as often as teams play nickel and/or dime packages, a team can't have too many good CB's either.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Being that the thread was about Sam, I will give my two cents on his injury. From what they said after it happened, he had a re-tear of his ACL but no damage to his MCL. He has more time to rehab than last time and a less severe injury. I am going to hope that he comes back healthy because I think he is our best hope for a successful 2015. I am thinking(hoping) he is our QB for next year and his knee returns to full strength.

We still need to draft a QB early IMO. Nothing remotely surprising there. Who? I dunno and I understand why many of you want to discuss potentials in the draft. I agree with @NJRamsFan in that there is still a lot of time before the draft and a lot of things can and likely will change between now and then.

Unfortunately, I thought we should have drafted a QB early last year as well and we are in an even worse position to do so this year.