Any News On Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
3 options:
  1. Trade for another team's QB, a few I like: Cam Newton depending on where Carolina are with him, Nick Foles if Kelly prefers Sanchez, Kirk Cousins and Mike Glennon as better quality back ups to Sam.
  2. Trade the farm for Mariotta, hate this idea unless the farm is a relatively small farm highest I'd go is a 1st and 2 seconds.
  3. Go with Sam and draft either Hundley in the second or Bryce Petty/Garrett Grayson in the third, someone who probably won't be a long term starter but also someone who you don't mind giving an opportunity to should history repeat itself yet again.
I think of the 3 option 3 is the most realistic.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
His injury history is behind him? Based on what? He just tore the same acl 2 years in a row and didnt even make it out of pre season this year. That's not going out on a limb its praying.

Point blank...the Rams can't waste another season hoping Bradford stays healthy. That position needs to be addressed in a big way this offseason even IF sam sticks around

This.

The OP says he's tired of watching backups... yet he's excited to go with Bradford next year? That's almost a sure-fire way to ensure that backups will be running this offense again in 2015... for a third-straight year.

But me in the "get a QB at all costs" camp. I'm freaking tired of the season ending in December. Everything else is in place other than QB. Get it done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
3 options:
  1. Trade for another team's QB, a few I like: Cam Newton depending on where Carolina are with him, Nick Foles if Kelly prefers Sanchez, Kirk Cousins and Mike Glennon as better quality back ups to Sam.
  2. Trade the farm for Mariotta, hate this idea unless the farm is a relatively small farm highest I'd go is a 1st and 2 seconds.
  3. Go with Sam and draft either Hundley in the second or Bryce Petty/Garrett Grayson in the third, someone who probably won't be a long term starter but also someone who you don't mind giving an opportunity to should history repeat itself yet again.

Absolutely not with Foles. The guy was the second best QB on the field when WE played him. I'm also not all that impressed with Cousins as a real option - don't think he is better than anything we have. I keep hearing Glennon's name come up. He's young and tall. I'll give him that. Of the QBs you mention in #1, he may be the one I would be most intrigued by.

But I agree. It almost has to be some form of #3.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
3 options:

I think there's a few really good QB's we might be able to secure.

I'm all for trading up w/ Oakland to get that No. 1 pick and draft Mariota. For one, we will NEVER pay what Washington had to pay. RG3 drove that price way down. We can probably get it done for our 1st & 2nd, combined w/ one of out top two picks next year. I'd jump all over that shit. Seriously... a few years ago we thought our QB position was set for the decade w/ Bradford, so how sad is it that we're now talking about guys like Matt Moore as legitimate options. What have we become... Jacksonville? Texans?

Please. Let's bite the freaking bullet and get it over with. F*** these half measures and half-arsed attempts to fix the QB position.

But what if Oakland wants Mariota for themselves? That's good too. Then Derek Carr should be on the table, and he'll be much cheaper than Mariota. I know Rams fans in particular are probably scared of Carr because of last weekend, but he has been by far the best rookie QB this year. He's really talented and has done well, but it's been hard for him to stand out on that abomination of a football team known as the Raiders. He's got a good future IMO. If Oakland can't recognize that, then we should.

If not, my next option is Foles and Hundley... both of them. Trade for Foles and draft Hundley. Foles and Sam will battle for the starting job, and Hundley will develop for a year or two (but he won't be ruled out completely in 2015 either).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If not, my next option is Foles and Hundley... both of them. Trade for Foles and draft Hundley. Foles and Sam will battle for the starting job, and Hundley will develop for a year or two (but he won't be ruled out completely in 2015 either).
Did you watch our game against Philly? The guy was awful and it was only our DBs and the refs bailing him out that kept his stats from showing it. Sorry but to put it simply - he's not a good QB.

I'm all for trading up w/ Oakland to get that No. 1 pick and draft Mariota. For one, we will NEVER pay what Washington had to pay. RG3 drove that price way down. We can probably get it done for our 1st & 2nd, combined w/ one of out top two picks next year. I'd jump all over that crap. Seriously... a few years ago we thought our QB position was set for the decade w/ Bradford, so how sad is it that we're now talking about guys like Matt Moore as legitimate options. What have we become... Jacksonville? Texans?

Please. Let's bite the freaking bullet and get it over with. F*** these half measures and half-arsed attempts to fix the QB position.

But what if Oakland wants Mariota for themselves? That's good too. Then Derek Carr should be on the table, and he'll be much cheaper than Mariota. I know Rams fans in particular are probably scared of Carr because of last weekend, but he has been by far the best rookie QB this year. He's really talented and has done well, but it's been hard for him to stand out on that abomination of a football team known as the Raiders. He's got a good future IMO. If Oakland can't recognize that, then we should.

I don't see a first and 2 seconds getting it done, but if it does then I'd be all over it also, Oakland traded down from 3 to 12 (our current position) for a first and 2nd two years ago, so who knows. Wouldn't mind Carr either.

Where I do disagree is trading for someone and drafting someone, let's do one or the other, not both.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Did you watch our game against Philly? The guy was awful and it was only our DBs and the refs bailing him out that kept his stats from showing it. Sorry but to put it simply - he's not a good QB.

Bradford has had some awful games too. Foles has also had some very good games. He's only in his third year for goodness sake.

If Bradford's first three years was identical to Foles', no one on here would be complaining about the Year 3 struggles... everyone would be shouting about the Pro Bowl potential we saw in Year 2 & expecting that to be the norm.

Foles is a great talent IMO. He proved that he can play like a Pro Bowler when used correctly.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I don't see a first and 2 seconds getting it done, but if it does then I'd be all over it also, Oakland traded down from 3 to 12 (our current position) for a first and 2nd two years ago, so who knows. Wouldn't mind Carr either.

Where I do disagree is trading for someone and drafting someone, let's do one or the other, not both.

Yeah, it'd probably by our 2014 1st and 2nd, along with our 2015 1st. Considering we're just a QB away, that's not too bad at all IMO. A shot at franchise QB is much more valuable than the 3 players we would get with those picks IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bradford has had some awful games too. Foles has also had some very good games. He's only in his third year for goodness sake.

If Bradford's first three years was identical to Foles', no one on here would be complaining about the Year 3 struggles... everyone would be shouting about the Pro Bowl potential we saw in Year 2 & expecting that to be the norm.

Foles is a great talent IMO. He proved that he can play like a Pro Bowler when used correctly.
Bradford NEVER had the issues Foles has. You can see how much the system benefits Foles just by seeing the numbers Sanchez is putting up - almost a 10% increase in Completion %, a 20% increase in yards per attempt, 25% increase in yards per game, and far and away his best QB ratings of his career.

Rewatch the game against us and see if you still want THAT QBing our team. If so, we're just going to have to disagree on Foles.

FRO

Legend
Bradford has all the talent in the world, he never had much of anything around him to showcase his ability. Now he can't get on the field. It's a shame. Im willing to give it another go. We don't have much of a choice because our other options suck.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

I'm all for trading up w/ Oakland to get that No. 1 pick and draft Mariota. For one, we will NEVER pay what Washington had to pay. RG3 drove that price way down. We can probably get it done for our 1st & 2nd, combined w/ one of out top two picks next year. I'd jump all over that crap. Seriously... a few years ago we thought our QB position was set for the decade w/ Bradford, so how sad is it that we're now talking about guys like Matt Moore as legitimate options. What have we become... Jacksonville? Texans?

We might be able to make that trade. Why would we though? To get a skinny, spread option QB who gets dinged running? I think we should learn from Washington. I'd sooner have Carr than that.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
No use debating with those that weren't in SB8 corner when he was healthy

He is still the best option far as I'm concerned...it's really not even close

StevenG-BR

Rookie
No use debating with those that weren't in SB8 corner when he was healthy

Who's that? Which user here wasn't in Bradford's corner when he was healthy? I sure was, and I can prove it too.

Some of us can just take emotion and attachment out of the equation. We don't pretend that a QB who has missed 41 starts in six seasons is a viable option for this team.

iced

Not to mention the Eagles offense put up a Goose Egg against the Niners

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Who's that? Which user here wasn't in Bradford's corner when he was healthy? I sure was, and I can prove it too.

Some of us can just take emotion and attachment out of the equation. We don't pretend that a QB who has missed 41 starts in six seasons is a viable option for this team.

We'll you don't come off that way to me

Lament until your heart's content, I'm pretty sure he's our best option moving foreard

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Well what I was saying is that even though I want Bradford back, I want the Rams to draft a QB early for a "Plan 1A" as opposed to this year where Bradford basically WAS the plan.

And that I wasn't sure anyone was really advocating for the latter, which had a lot of people criticizing it.
Understood

lockdnram21

Legend
I would say restructure Bradford and if we trade up for i wilful try and do like Buffalo did and just give up 1 pick this year and multiple next year so we can still finish line. If not that don't draft Qb and trade for Cousins or Glennon. I might even give Pryor a chance he looked better in preseason with hawks.

Memphis Ram

Legend

I'm all for trading up w/ Oakland to get that No. 1 pick and draft Mariota. For one, we will NEVER pay what Washington had to pay. RG3 drove that price way down. We can probably get it done for our 1st & 2nd, combined w/ one of out top two picks next year. I'd jump all over that crap.

That's a pipe dream if I ever heard one. The Redskins were only moving from #6 to #2. Unless they tank, the Rams will probably be moving up from the mid to late teens. That meager compensation couldn't possibly get the Rams to #1 overall from there.