Another example of how Chris Long is awesome.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I think this all stems from Sam's partner telling Sam that he better not be showering with all those other gargantuan guys!!!!!! I sense a little jealousy.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
ESPN’s shower report gets The Daily Show treatment
Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2014, 9:07 AM EDT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/28/espns-shower-report-gets-the-daily-show-treatment/

05-oppenheimer-jonstewart-550x358.jpg
Getty Images

When it comes to determining whether an NFL news story has fully crossed over to the mainstream, I apply two general barometers: (1) whether I get asked about the topic by people I don’t know very well (or at all) in places like the grocery store and restaurants; and (2) whether it becomes a topic on The Daily Show.

Wednesday night’s edition of the Comedy Central staple featured a look at the ESPN report regarding the shower habits of Michael Sam.

“Why would his teammates feel uncomfortable showering with Michael Sam?” Jon Stewart said. “Does he use Axe Garlic & Rotten Egg body wash? Does Michael Sam have a Kuato? . . . . Michael Sam’s gay. Are we not over this yet?”

Reacting to the explanation that Sam’s absence from the shower room with teammates may have resulted from Sam engaging in football-related activities, Stewart said, “Yes, those are all the most likely things a football team might be doing. But couldn’t he also be singing show tunes or binge-watching Bravo? ESPN viewers need to know.”

Stewart then brought in “Senior Sports Correspondent” Samantha Bee, who provided a “report” regarding Sam’s alarming lack of “locker room behavior of normal heterosexual NFL players,” such as “grab ass,” “dip snaps,” and “ball cupping.”

She then produced a copy of Jeff Pearlman’s Boys Will Be Boys, reading graphic quotes relating to Charles Haley’s notorious locker-room behaviors.

The ultimate conclusion?

“If Michael Sam wants to fit in to the NFL, he’d better cut the shy act and gay it up,” Bee said.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
lol kinda funny they tried to place the blame.. doesn't matter if another player said it anyway; it was their decision to air it

Exactly right and they didn't seem to think it was stupid, the fact that it had to be pointed out to them proves that the person that green lighted this is completely and totally tone deaf.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Josina Anderson issues statement through ESPN
Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/30/josina-anderson-issues-statement-through-espn/

sam3.jpg
Getty Images

The Labor Day weekend NFL bad news dump was highlighted by Aldon Smith’s nine-game suspension and a plea deal for Colts owner Jim Irsay. Buried even deeper in the pre-three-day-weekend flurry of things everyone hopes we’ll forget about by Tuesday was a statement from ESPN’s Josina Anderson regarding the Michael Samshower habits report.

Matt Yoder of Awful Announcing spotted the 5:08 p.m. ET statement on the ESPN P.R. site.

“I wanted to take this opportunity to say I understand the vast and varying perspectives regarding our Michael Sam report,” Anderson said. “I’m particularly sensitive to those who feel the content therein worked to perpetuate stereotypes surrounding the LGBT community, or was just overall insensitive. In all humility, I truly understand these viewpoints and have taken time to reflect on how our story had this unintended consequence. To Michael Sam, I truly empathize with and respect your journey thus far on many different levels. Ultimately, I’ve always believed making a professional sports roster should and will come down to production.

“In my role as reporter, it’s also important for me to emphasize that I highly value accuracy and in this case gathered facts using well-accepted journalistic standards. I can also appreciate that there are always lessons to be gained in any situation regardless of experience or tenure.

“As I move on, I look forward to leading off ESPN’s regular-season NFL coverage next week and I appreciate their continued support.”

Bristol has been suspension-happy in recent weeks, from the well-deserved Stephen A. Smith suspension to the possibly deserved Max Kellerman suspension to the completely unjustified Dan Le Batard suspension. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Anderson has not been suspended for her role in the report that left many bewildered andRams coach Jeff Fisher pissed off.

While reasonable minds may differ on whether an apology is needed from Anderson, the statement includes no apology to the Rams, to Fisher, or to Sam. In fact, some (including Fisher) could interpret the portion of the statement defending the gathering of facts as an expression of defiance.

But the reporting isn’t the issue. It’s the content of the story. Regardless of how the information was obtained and whether the information presented is accurate from a journalistic standpoint, the story isn’t a story unless the story is that Michael Sam truly is not comfortable in the locker room, supported by something far more tangible than scattered speculation that Sam may or may not be showering with teammates either because Sam may or may not be doing something else at the time or because he may or may not be comfortable or because he may or may not want to make teammates uncomfortable. Absent clear proof of actual discomfort for Sam or teammates in the locker room, “He’s one of the guys” is all anyone needs to report.

And that makes the first sentence of the statement a little confusing. Are there “vast and varying perspectives” on the Michael Sam report? Or is there only one perspective — the one that prompted ESPN to issue multiple apologies?

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
You have to read the nonsense to believe it. I don't want people clicking the link to the story on CBS so I'm copying it here. What a tool.

I wanted to take this opportunity to say I understand the vast and varying perspectives regarding our Michael Sam report,” Anderson said. “I'm particularly sensitive to those who feel the content therein worked to perpetuate stereotypes surrounding the LGBT community, or was just overall insensitive. In all humility, I truly understand these viewpoints and have taken time to reflect on how our story had this unintended consequence. To Michael Sam, I truly empathize with and respect your journey thus far on many different levels. Ultimately, I've always believed making a professional sports roster should and will come down to production.

“In my role as reporter, it's also important for me to emphasize that I highly value accuracy and in this case gathered facts using well-accepted journalistic standards. I can also appreciate that there are always lessons to be gained in any situation regardless of experience or tenure.

“As I move on, I look forward to leading off ESPN's regular-season NFL coverage next week and I appreciate their continued support.”

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
So basically I see nothing wrong with what I did but was told to apologize, so here.

Athos

Legend
Dumb, self-righteous *****.

Journalistic standards my ass. She contacted members of the team in a setting and context that IS NOT ALLOWED.

She had an intent to stir up drama to get herself a name as well.

It was shoddy, self-serving, tacky, sensationalist journalism and I hope to god she didn't go to Mizzou. I certainly didn't learn any of that bunk she learned or rather, didn't learn.

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
Hi Prime Time, sorry for posting in the wrong spot. I didn't realize you had already updated this thread! :(

Thanks for the redirect.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hi Prime Time, sorry for posting in the wrong spot. I didn't realize you had already updated this thread! :(

Thanks for the redirect.

No worries. Thanks for the reply. It's first come first serve here but thanks for making the effort.

Rambition

Rookie
Josina Anderson issues statement through ESPN
Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/30/josina-anderson-issues-statement-through-espn/

sam3.jpg
Getty Images

The Labor Day weekend NFL bad news dump was highlighted by Aldon Smith’s nine-game suspension and a plea deal for Colts owner Jim Irsay. Buried even deeper in the pre-three-day-weekend flurry of things everyone hopes we’ll forget about by Tuesday was a statement from ESPN’s Josina Anderson regarding the Michael Samshower habits report.

Matt Yoder of Awful Announcing spotted the 5:08 p.m. ET statement on the ESPN P.R. site.

“I wanted to take this opportunity to say I understand the vast and varying perspectives regarding our Michael Sam report,” Anderson said. “I’m particularly sensitive to those who feel the content therein worked to perpetuate stereotypes surrounding the LGBT community, or was just overall insensitive. In all humility, I truly understand these viewpoints and have taken time to reflect on how our story had this unintended consequence. To Michael Sam, I truly empathize with and respect your journey thus far on many different levels. Ultimately, I’ve always believed making a professional sports roster should and will come down to production.

“In my role as reporter, it’s also important for me to emphasize that I highly value accuracy and in this case gathered facts using well-accepted journalistic standards. I can also appreciate that there are always lessons to be gained in any situation regardless of experience or tenure.

“As I move on, I look forward to leading off ESPN’s regular-season NFL coverage next week and I appreciate their continued support.”

Bristol has been suspension-happy in recent weeks, from the well-deserved Stephen A. Smith suspension to the possibly deserved Max Kellerman suspension to the completely unjustified Dan Le Batard suspension. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Anderson has not been suspended for her role in the report that left many bewildered andRams coach Jeff Fisher pissed off.

While reasonable minds may differ on whether an apology is needed from Anderson, the statement includes no apology to the Rams, to Fisher, or to Sam. In fact, some (including Fisher) could interpret the portion of the statement defending the gathering of facts as an expression of defiance.

But the reporting isn’t the issue. It’s the content of the story. Regardless of how the information was obtained and whether the information presented is accurate from a journalistic standpoint, the story isn’t a story unless the story is that Michael Sam truly is not comfortable in the locker room, supported by something far more tangible than scattered speculation that Sam may or may not be showering with teammates either because Sam may or may not be doing something else at the time or because he may or may not be comfortable or because he may or may not want to make teammates uncomfortable. Absent clear proof of actual discomfort for Sam or teammates in the locker room, “He’s one of the guys” is all anyone needs to report.

And that makes the first sentence of the statement a little confusing. Are there “vast and varying perspectives” on the Michael Sam report? Or is there only one perspective — the one that prompted ESPN to issue multiple apologies?
my reaction to this "apology" would be....HUHHH??