Another example of how Chris Long is awesome.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Why can't ESPN just go away forever?

And what the hell is Josina Anderson thinking asking that question?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
ESPN apologizes for reporting on Michael Sam’s shower habits
Posted by Mike Florio on August 27, 2014, 9:28 AM EDT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-for-reporting-on-michael-sam-shower-habits/

shower1.jpg
Getty Images

On Tuesday, ESPN’s Josina Anderson filed a report from Rams camp that included fairly extensive commentary on the shower habits of Michael Sam. On Wednesday, ESPN apologized for the report.

“ESPN regrets the manner in which we presented our report,” the network said in a statement posted at its media-relations website, via SportsBusiness Daily. “Clearly on Tuesday we collectively failed to meet the standards we have set in reporting on LGBT-related topics in sports.”

The Big Lead has the video of the report, which included a minute or so on whether Sam is avoiding showering with his teammates so that they aren’t uncomfortable.

It’s hard to listen to the explanation about whether Sam avoids showering with teammates without becoming uncomfortable, and ESPN ultimately decided that it was uncomfortable with the discomfort created by the report.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-for-reporting-on-michael-sam-shower-habits/

shower1.jpg
Getty Images

On Tuesday, ESPN’s Josina Anderson filed a report from Rams camp that included fairly extensive commentary on the shower habits of Michael Sam. On Wednesday, ESPN apologized for the report.

“ESPN regrets the manner in which we presented our report,” the network said in a statement posted at its media-relations website, via SportsBusiness Daily. “Clearly on Tuesday we collectively failed to meet the standards we have set in reporting on LGBT-related topics in sports.”

The Big Lead has the video of the report, which included a minute or so on whether Sam is avoiding showering with his teammates so that they aren’t uncomfortable.

It’s hard to listen to the explanation about whether Sam avoids showering with teammates without becoming uncomfortable, and ESPN ultimately decided that it was uncomfortable with the discomfort created by the report.

hahahahahahhaahhaah
dude is this real?
so freakin' awesome
hahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

shower1.jpg
Getty Images

Or they could've just not done that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So I just watched this and I'm floored by it.........as in I cannot believe this ever got on the air and I cannot believe that a simple apology will make this go away. Yikes if I'm in charge at ESPN I'm hoping someone does something really stupid so it soaks up the medias time and attention.

As she kept going I kept thinking "oh no you're not stopping"

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

shower1.jpg
Getty Images

woa woa woa thats a lie they didn't initially apologize, they blatantly tried to pin it on the 'anonymous' player and quoted saying they were simply reporting on what they were told. NOW they start backtracking because of the heat and pathetic lack of a good excuse. we need a national boycott of these assholes. wish we could put em out of business.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

shower1.jpg
Getty Images

I'm sure MS is comforted by ESPN's discomfort while showering in the comfort of the Rams locker room. Wow. When I first read this story I felt a little sick to my stomach. Now I feel all warm and fuzzy. I'm so happy ESPN had the good taste to apologize. It just shows they really do care. Pinheads.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
ESPN says it regrets Michael Sam shower report that drew criticism
By Cindy Boren August 27 at 9:17 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ichael-sam-shower-report-that-drew-criticism/

imrs.php

(Joe Robbins / Getty Images)

After it found itself at the epicenter of a storm of criticism over a report on the shower habits of Michael Sam, the first openly gay player on an NFL roster, and his teammates, ESPN responded Wednesday morning with a further statement on the report.

“ESPN regrets the manner in which we presented our report. Clearly yesterday we collectively failed to meet the standards we have set in reporting on LGBT-related topics in sports.”

On Tuesday, while providing an update about Sam’s quest to make the St. Louis Rams’ final roster, reporter Josina Anderson said that a Rams “defensive player told me that ‘Sam is respecting our space’ and that, from his perspective, he seems to think that Michael Sam is waiting to take a shower, as not to make his teammates feel uncomfortable.”

She also said that [defensive end Kendall] Langford and linebacker Alec Ogletree said “they didn’t know that, specifically, and also weren’t tracking that.”

The report instantly drew fire on social media and, by late afternoon, Rams defensive lineman Chris Long had tweeted simply: "Dear ESPN, Everyone but you is over it."

In its initial response to the firestorm, ESPN responded Tuesday: “In response to recent questions about Sam fitting in with the team, multiple Rams brought up the shower topic and we relayed that information as part of our reporting.” Clearly, it felt it was necessary to walk that back Wednesday.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Why can't ESPN just go away forever?

And what the hell is Josina Anderson thinking asking that question?

shower1.jpg
Getty Images

I wish ESPN would fire someone for a change. Seems like someone of theirs says something beyond stupid each day now. I am still shaking my head at Stephen A. Smith's Ray Rice comments. Plus Josina Anderson doesn't know what it means to quote someone. If you say so and so quote, you don't go on to say what that person thought. This is the transcript from the video of the said quote: "... but another Rams defensive player told me quote Sam is respecting our space from his perspective and he seems to think that Michael Sam is waiting to kinda take a shower as to not make his teammates feel uncomfortable while..."

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that her quote is fabricated. She had no problem identifying anyone else and really didn't actually quote anyone.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This just in - Bernie Madoff regrets being caught bilking people out of millions. When asked, Bernie said, "I just want to apologize yet still keep all the money. We good now?"

BTW - WTH is LGBT? IHNC.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
This just in - Bernie Madoff regrets being caught bilking people out of millions. When asked, Bernie said, "I just want to apologize yet still keep all the money. We good now?"

BTW - WTH is LGBT? IHNC.
I work at a college, I think I might be able to field LGBT. I think it's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I work at a college, I think I might be able to field LGBT. I think it's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender.
Probably right. So good they have "those people" tightly categorized so they know how to treat them. Oh wait.

How 'bout this ESPN. Don't have a category and don't try to act enlightened when anyone and everyone knows you're not.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap

So, by apologizing, they draw more attention to themselves and make it a bigger story. Having a hard time believing the sincerity of that apology. Surprised they don't have a Sportscenter commercial with one of their clown anchors in the shower, with a stall marked Sam next to it.

BTW, I've met Chris Long and he is one of the most genuine down to earth people you'll ever meet, a true asset to the team and the St. Louis community.

iced

woa woa woa thats a lie they didn't initially apologize, they blatantly tried to pin it on the 'anonymous' player and quoted saying they were simply reporting on what they were told. NOW they start backtracking because of the heat and pathetic lack of a good excuse. we need a national boycott of these assholes. wish we could put em out of business.

lol kinda funny they tried to place the blame.. doesn't matter if another player said it anyway; it was their decision to air it

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm with you... except I frequent bars all the time. I shall ask if they can change the channel but they wouldn't even put a movie on for me during the dead season (early July after the NBA,NHL, end).