Andrew Whitworth expected to sign with LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
This is good.
No chance for the O to succeed without improvement to the Oline.
Much more important than WR.
With this, Rams now have a potentially dominant Oline - only missing a C (Barnes is mediocre at best). Whitworth and Hav at T, GRob and Saffold at G (as well as depth).
With what I expect to be a well coached offense, this was the critical piece.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
13 mil. well there goes free agency for this year...........lol

Pick a more important position for The Rams ?? This adds depth at all the offensive line positions & a team leader.
This makes Gurly,Tavon, & Goff so much. Enter. Then add all the young players at every offensive line position .
This even makes Roger Saffold better.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Unless McDonald get signed to s surprisingly large offer, Whitworth's deal probably negates Britt's compensatory pick. I'm guessing they are both going to be slotted as 4th rounders.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lol.
Love Timm but let's not forget we had the OP manning LT....

Smith was a stud as well. He was undersized ,but great technique. Totally undervalued . I don't think Ram fans know what he meant. As soon as his knee & body wore down The offensive line struggled.
Minus Tucker & Miller as well.
This signing gives The Rams the depth they need.
Greg Robinson is going to benefit from learning & player at a position he might be able to thrive at. He should get some LT reps in preseason as well. He just needs to BALL !! More reps and experience will help give him confidence . Playing & practice time is huge . Fisher tried teach by walk through . I think being able to work your body & get physical is a good thing for the offensive lineman at least early in the season.

Ram65

Legend
He isnt cost that much year one. I heard 3 years 36 mil. First year hit could be 7million or so. Good signing.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We just addressed two spots at once. Greg should be a decent gyard.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gonzalez reported GROB will be on right side either at guard or tackle.

... still holding out hope for Lamp lol. Plug him next to Whiworth after we cut Saffold and I'd be happy as a clam.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Think they should just put GRob at G and let Havenstein stay at ROT. He played good his first year and the offensive coaching malpractice didn't really affect him until the 2nd year (and was exacerbated by injury). He can be a good ROT again. Then coach GRob properly for the first time in his career and he might be a good G.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
For the love of god leave big Rob alone and plug in Grob at the guard position right next to Whit

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its funny was just talking to a buddy of mine here at work, do they have to make cuts by 4:00EST today?
No time limit on them just have to be made to keep roster size and salary in line.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Unless McDonald get signed to s surprisingly large offer, Whitworth's deal probably negates Britt's compensatory pick. I'm guessing they are both going to be slotted as 4th rounders.

Does it really matter if your bringing in a key player ?? Comp ?? What will The Rams get if they let GRob go the following year ?? What kind of Comp did they give up by wasting draft picks on Jared Goff if you can't protect him ?? What good is a WR if you don't have time to throw to them ??
--- How long are Saffold & Barnes signed for ?? Saffold will. Ring something back & Tru if The Rams add depth at CB .. The Rams have some excellent Comp picks moving forward. Kenny Britt was a great value FA .. The problem is The Rams should have seen the player Kenny Britt was going to be. He was young & was maturing into a solid player(man) who was doing the right things.
Kenny Britts problem has never been that he was not an excellent WR. The problem Kenny had was Kenny Britt himself. -- Kenny Britt does have trouble concentrating & drops passes at bad times. He still jumps offside as a WR which should never happen.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its funny was just talking to a buddy of mine here at work, do they have to make cuts by 4:00EST today?
I think a player can be cut at anytime. But if you want to make a cut on time to sign another big name then you may want to try now lol but this is just day one of free agency. There will be second tier players for another few days

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Think they should just put GRob at G and let Havenstein stay at ROT. He played good his first year and the offensive coaching malpractice didn't really affect him until the 2nd year (and was exacerbated by injury). He can be a good ROT again. Then coach GRob properly for the first time in his career and he might be a good G.
I still find it hard to believe that a well regarded NFL offensive line coach, with decades of experience, and a history of getting the most out of guys, didn't coach Robinson correctly. Maybe Robinson just needs a different voice. Looking back, that rookie season trying to learn to play guard sure seems like a poor decision.