Andrew Whitworth expected to sign with LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
This is just the FA portion, OT check. I wonder what move the Rams are going to muster up next? My guess is get a decent draft spot and grab a quality DB or WR.
Oh , I don't actually think their done with free agency just yet , via trades or releasing players to free up cap space , they still have few moves up their sleeves

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This makes me think a deal for for Tru might be coming... Or some surprising releases maybe.

So very, very happy with this move.
Its significant that the first FA during the McVay regime is a smart, healthy veteran LT.

Alright Kromer. You have a REAL building block in terms of skill, professionalism and leadership traits.
Lets see if you can make lemonade out of the rest of the bunch.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Like Adam Timmerman , one guy can transform an entire offensive line

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wow! Still scared of FAs....But this is a great job getting a really solid vet LT.....And prioritizing the RIGHT NEED!

Now I wonder? Are we grabbing a younger LT than G-Rob? Are we moving him to RT? Or placing him at LG, next to Andy, hoping through osmosis that he learns the trade?
I'm still moving Greg to right tackle...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lets hope Whitworth can solidify the OL and impart some of his experience, tricks of the trade, to the younger guys. I can't think of a better way to teach GRob how to play LT than put him (LG) next to a proven Vet.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
This a great signing. One of the best LTs in the NFL and alot of guaranteed money past this season. Solidifies the OL and give the Rams the vet presence they needed. Didn't see this coming at all.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Definitely did not see this coming, but I love the signing, regardless of age. He's been productive, and if anything, could provide some much needed veteran leadership and wisdom for Greg Robinson.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whitworth would absolutely be starting LT especially for that money. I just hope this isn't Jake Long 2.0
Jesus, that's like telling a guy not to shank it when he is hitting a pitching wedge to the green over a lake!!

This is basically a 1 year deal to show Grob the ropes or for him to face facts that he's a guard. Love this move!!
Now Cooks for Tru and we are off and running!

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jesus, that's like telling a guy not to shank it when he is hitting a pitching wedge to the green over a lake!!

This is basically a 1 year deal to show Grob the ropes or for him to face facts that he's a guard. Love this move!!
Now Stills for Tru and we are off and running!
I think it's a 2 year deal and they draft his successor next year or the year after.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Any chance AJ Bouye would settle for an IOU?
...or a promise ring??
...or a multi-million $$ store credit at In-N-Out Burger???

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wonder if GRob has heard the news....can't think they'd give a guy 12 per to add insurance...does he get penciled in as the starting LT?

I don't think there is a question about it.All the talk about GRob moving to guard was not totally brought up by fans.

You just have to go back & listen to McVay,Kromer, & Snead as well about him moving to guard . This just adds depth & the veteran leader The Rams needed for the offensive line.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Boom - thank you Rams! A mentor for GRob as well as one of the best LTs currently playing - and he's coming home to California - great addition :)