All time ST.LOUIS Ram Game Day Roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This is like the only known highlight of T.Wright's career in St Louis. Lol.
Easily the best safety we've had here in the Lou IMO.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0fLQ0qAz9k[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
mojorizen7 said:
This is like the only known highlight of T.Wright's career in St Louis. Lol.
Easily the best safety we've had here in the Lou IMO.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0fLQ0qAz9k[/youtube]
That looks like it was recorded with a calculator. But still. Awesome to see.
I miss that guy. :cry:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
There was a PD regular, Galaxy, who had a Wright highlight hit in his sig. I believe it was against the Bears ... not in the above highlights. He laid out a receiver just as he was catching it on a crossing pass. Devastating hit. Like those that Goodell has outlawed now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
There was a PD regular, Galaxy, who had a Wright highlight hit in his sig. I believe it was against the Bears ... not in the above highlights. He laid out a receiver just as he was catching it on a crossing pass. Devastating hit. Like those that Goodell has outlawed now.
Yeah, I remember that.

He caught some shit from a guy who berated him for having an "illegal hit" in his sig that probably caused an injury.

Some people.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
RamFan503 said:
K - Here's mine. Zygmunt at Train Wreck and Shaw at Franchise Destroyer. The antithesis of game day roster builders if ever there were any.

I'm sure Selassie sees it TOTALLY different. :sly:

Don't forget Spags as the head coach, worst coaching record in the history of the NFL. Most guys would have been fired after going 1-15, but somehow he escaped that.
Without getting into why that was, I'd still put Linehan in front of Spagnuolo on the chopping block.
Every. Single. Time.

I was a Spags fan. A believer.

But, I don't know if I'd rank him above Linehan.

I mean, Linehan had success before AND after the Rams. Spags? He's lost his mojo to the point I sort of question his resume. Was he really a good coach with a good scheme or did he benefit from good players and the coat tail of Tom Coughlin?

Not to absolutely bag on Spags, but his conservative play-not-to-lose drove me absolutely nuts.
- He chose aged vets over younger players
- His loyalty to guys like Looney and Goldberg was just insane
- Bringing in McDaniels was an epic lack of judgement
- Failing to bring in a QB coach was equally inept

And now? He's an assistant on defense somewhere. That says a lot.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
RamFan503 said:
K - Here's mine. Zygmunt at Train Wreck and Shaw at Franchise Destroyer. The antithesis of game day roster builders if ever there were any.

I'm sure Selassie sees it TOTALLY different. :sly:

Don't forget Spags as the head coach, worst coaching record in the history of the NFL. Most guys would have been fired after going 1-15, but somehow he escaped that.
Without getting into why that was, I'd still put Linehan in front of Spagnuolo on the chopping block.
Every. Single. Time.

I was a Spags fan. A believer.

But, I don't know if I'd rank him above Linehan.

I mean, Linehan had success before AND after the Rams. Spags? He's lost his mojo to the point I sort of question his resume. Was he really a good coach with a good scheme or did he benefit from good players and the coat tail of Tom Coughlin?

Not to absolutely bag on Spags, but his conservative play-not-to-lose drove me absolutely nuts.
- He chose aged vets over younger players
- His loyalty to guys like Looney and Goldberg was just insane
- Bringing in McDaniels was an epic lack of judgement
- Failing to bring in a QB coach was equally inept

And now? He's an assistant on defense somewhere. That says a lot.
Good points, but I wouldn't necessarily point to their respective careers AFTER the Rams as an indication of which is the better leader of men. Linehan lost this team and had guys like Bulger, Holt AND Jackson publicly call him out and quit on him. He was a lost cause in that regard, and I wouldn't even say he's a good coordinator either. Consider who each had to work with. Linehan has ALL of that offensive firepower, and that team is constantly underachieving. Even after 4 years in the same system.

Spags walked into an impossible situation here and success was made completely unachievable after the mess that littered his tenure. A complete stripping down of the team, cap woes, lockouts, new systems, unprecedented injuries, no free agency one year, drafting in an era where almost nobody traded up, and on and on and on. THEN (lol) he goes to the Saints who lose half their defense and head coach to a scandal, only to have them change schemes on him the following year from a 4-3 to 3-4. FFS, that guy must have pissed off a Voodoo Priestess at some point in his life.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
See IMO Spags was worse and here is why, Linny didn't really have roster control, he was expected to win with a team that was over the hill, just make nice be the "Anti Martz " and let the "stars" do it,unfortunately our "stars" were burned out. Spags had the luxury of recognizing the talent was gone and he and Devaney screwed the pooch rebuilding the team and now we're doing it again.
That is not to say Linny was good ,but he wasn't as bad as people make him out to be,IN MY never to be humble opine.
BTW he lost the team partially because some OF the "stars" were not very honest about how shitty they were playing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
See IMO Spags was worse and here is why, Linny didn't really have roster control, he was expected to win with a team that was over the hill, just make nice be the "Anti Martz " and let the "stars" do it,unfortunately our "stars" were burned out. Spags had the luxury of recognizing the talent was gone and he and Devaney screwed the pooch rebuilding the team and now we're doing it again.
That is not to say Linny was good ,but he wasn't as bad as people make him out to be,IN MY never to be humble opine.
BTW he lost the team partially because some OF the "stars" were not very honest about how shitty they were playing.
Well, we see it entirely different then. Makes you wonder how two people can see the same thing oppositely.

I don't see how Linny didn't have roster control. He was all over that Donnie Avery pick, even though it went completely against what his head scout (Softli) told him. And there's no way that Torry Holt and Steven Jackson were playing shitty and THAT'S why they turned on Linehan. Those are two of the most humble, stand-up guys ever to don a Rams uniform. And Bulger too? They all shared that common theme of being shitty players and taking it out on the poor HC? I really find that to be unlikely.

Spags had "the luxury" of recognizing the talent was gone? That was hardly a luxury. And I already enumerated the reasons why they "screwed the pooch" rebuilding the team. Nobody thought they were doing a bad job after the 2010 season, and there were playoff aspirations (again) right before the 2011 season began. The wheels just completely fell off the bus. Yes, he could have done a better job with roster management, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he was being negligent with it.

Anyway. What's done is done. I just wouldn't want that goofy mother fucker anywhere near my team.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Thordaddy said:
Well, we see it entirely different then. Makes you wonder how two people can see the same thing oppositely.

I don't see how Linny didn't have roster control. He was all over that Donnie Avery pick, even though it went completely against what his head scout (Softli) told him. And there's no way that Torry Holt and Steven Jackson were playing shitty and THAT'S why they turned on Linehan. Those are two of the most humble, stand-up guys ever to don a Rams uniform. And Bulger too? They all shared that common theme of being shitty players and taking it out on the poor HC? I really find that to be unlikely.

Spags had "the luxury" of recognizing the talent was gone? That was hardly a luxury. And I already enumerated the reasons why they "screwed the pooch" rebuilding the team. Nobody thought they were doing a bad job after the 2010 season, and there were playoff aspirations (again) right before the 2011 season began. The wheels just completely fell off the bus. Yes, he could have done a better job with roster management, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he was being negligent with it.

Anyway. What's done is done. I just wouldn't want that goofy mother fucker anywhere near my team.
Linehan himself said publicly in two different seasons that he lost touch with his players/team. I think Spags might have lost some of that, but not until very late in the process.

Some guys are just better suited to be position coaches or coordinators.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
Thordaddy said:

Linehan himself said publicly in two different seasons that he lost touch with his players/team. I think Spags might have lost some of that, but not until very late in the process.

Some guys are just better suited to be position coaches or coordinators.
Yep. Both of them are better off, and probably shouldn't get another shot at wearing the crown.
It's too heavy.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Thordaddy said:
BTW he lost the team partially because some OF the "stars" were not very honest about how cruddy they were playing.
Every HC that Shaw hired, from Malavasi to Linehan, was given roster control. That was the Achilles heel of their system. The personnel evaluators were advisors with no authority.

Bulger had exactly one moment caught on film, the infamous eye-roll in Baltimore in 2007. We can all admit that spoke volumes, despite his minimalist ways. When he was benched in favor of Trent Green before Linehan's last game, he wouldn't talk to the press, knowing if he said anything it would come out wrong.

But Holt and Jackson? They were certainly pulling their weight.

Let's not forget Linehan firing himself as OC in 2006, then re-hiring himself 4 games into 2007. The guy had no clue.

Linehan and Spags became desperate in their own ways. It's just that Linehan's were transparent to the veterans. Spags were only transparent to us, and that merely in hindsight.