All time ST.LOUIS Ram Game Day Roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
As much as I liked SJ, I don't see how he could be chosen over Eric "the Great" Dickerson.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jap said:
As much as I liked SJ, I don't see how he could be chosen over Eric "the Great" Dickerson.
*St Louis* Rams Game Day Roster.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
HE WITH HORNS said:
Okay, here's mine, starting lineup only.

QB Chris Chandler

RB Brian Leonard

FB Joey Goodspeed

WR Drew Bennett, Mardy Gilyard, Brooks Foster

TE Joe Klopfenstein

OT Jason Smith, John St. Clair

OG Rok Watkins, Adam Goldberg

C Brett Romberg

DE Anthony Hargrove, CJ Ah You

DT Claude Wroten, Jimmy Kennedy

LB Jamie Duncan, Brady Poppinga, Jon Alston,

CB Justin King, Tye Hill

FS Craig Dahl

SS Rich Coady

PR Dejaun Groce

KR Mardy Gilyard

K Garrett Lindholm

P Reggie Hodges

Okay, let's play!

Oh - you had to remind us of that crap now did yuh? BTW - I think you left out Trung, "Beat My Girlfriend and Wreck my Hummer" Phillips, and a few others.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
K - Here's mine. Zygmunt at Train Wreck and Shaw at Franchise Destroyer. The antithesis of game day roster builders if ever there were any.

I'm sure Selassie sees it TOTALLY different. :sly:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
RamFan503 said:
K - Here's mine. Zygmunt at Train Wreck and Shaw at Franchise Destroyer. The antithesis of game day roster builders if ever there were any.

Don't forget Spags as the head coach, worst coaching record in the history of the NFL. Most guys would have been fired after going 1-15, but somehow he escaped that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HE WITH HORNS said:
RamFan503 said:

Don't forget Spags as the head coach, worst coaching record in the history of the NFL. Most guys would have been fired after going 1-15, but somehow he escaped that.
Without getting into why that was, I'd still put Linehan in front of Spagnuolo on the chopping block.
Every. Single. Time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Without getting into why that was, I'd still put Linehan in front of Spagnuolo on the chopping block.
Every. Single. Time.

This^^^

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
RamFan503 said:

And you would be correct on that one Stu ...

The descriptions you've given to both of those mother fuckers are far too kind.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Every. Single. Time.
My first indication of trouble for He Of The Goofy Face was when he stared celebrating at the end of the first Seattle game in 2006. The Seahawks were setting up the Josh Brown FG and they were flagged for Illegal Procedure. Linehan thought that meant game over (10-second run-off). Then he tried to come up with a scenario that would justify the need for a run-off in the post-game presser.

Doofus.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You lost me when you didn't have this guy...

images

Henry Ellard was a stud WR too.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:
DR RAM said:
You lost me when you didn't have this guy...

images

Henry Ellard was a stud WR too.

Did he play in the Lou?
Oh, the Lou all-time team...my bad.
sarg.jpg
That's a damn sad group of WR's after Bruce and Holt, who were GREAT. Maybe, in part, because they were so good. All those other guys are just complimentary guys at best. By now, we should have had some better guys roll into the Lou.

At least 2, maybe 3 guys, will be replaced after this year :hehe:

Pho Kadat

Rookie
This is a very good list already and I really had to dig deep to find possible replacements. That said, here's some adjustments I'd make:

Roman Phifer over Tommy Polley. Phifer's first two years after the team moved to STL were very good compiling 191 tackles and 4.5 sacks. His total numbers with STL through 4 years of play with the Rams: 305 tackles, 13 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. Polley also played for 4 years, but put up lesser numbers: 231 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 forced fumbles.

You can make a case for Phillips over Bettis based on their best years with the team. Phillips ran for 633 yards with 8 TDs and Bettis, in his lone year in STL, ran for 637 and 3 TDs. Due to the longevity of the Faulk and Jackson years, the next closest rusher would be June Henley from the '98 campaign where a number of backs carried the workload including Amp Lee, Greg Hill, and Robert Holcombe.

You can also make a case for Pisa Tinoisamoa over Mike Jones. Yes, Jones had the Tackle, but Pisa had the longer STL career. In 6 years, Pisa had 358 tackles, 10 sacks, and 8 forced fumbles. Jones had 252 tackles, 8 sacks, and 4 FFs in 4 years with the team. On average, Jones still has the edge.

At wide receiver, I'd take either Donnie Avery or Brandon Gibson over Shaun McDonald, and possibly even take Gibson over Curtis. Yes, both McDonald and Curtis blew up after departing the team for Detroit and Philadelphia respectively. It is also true that neither had a chance at a starting role with Bruce and Holt firmly on top of the depth chart. Judging their STL career on numbers alone, Avery edges McDonald by a slim margin of 48 yards and 4 TDs. The Gibson/Curtis debate is complicated by Curtis' 12 TDs to Gibson's 9. Otherwise, both receivers played 4 years with STL where Gibson had 38 more receptions and 376 rec. yards. It is a tough call, but I can easily say I'd put Gibson over McDonald at least.

I was really looking hard to find a tight end that could replace the production of either Kendricks or Conwell, but that was tough as well. In his best year, Conwell had 38 receptions for 431 yards and 4 TDs. Just last year, Kendricks had 42 receptions for 512 yards and 4 TDs. Back in '95, Troy Drayton had 47 receptions for 458 yards and 4 TDs in his only full season with the team after the move. In fact, on a single-year basis, no Rams TE ever really stood out. Guys like Daniel Fells and Randy McMichael both had comparable single-season numbers to the rest. If you look at their body of work in STL, McMichael has more receptions and yards than either Kendricks or Big Brandon. Since I can't analysis my way through this one, I'll take the easy way out an just arbitrarily say that Conwell, Kendricks, then McMichael will be my picks. Hell, I might just slide Cook to the top of the list before he's even caught a single ball just to be controversial.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pho Kadat said:
This is a very good list already and I really had to dig deep to find possible replacements. That said, here's some adjustments I'd make:

Roman Phifer over Tommy Polley. Phifer's first two years after the team moved to STL were very good compiling 191 tackles and 4.5 sacks. His total numbers with STL through 4 years of play with the Rams: 305 tackles, 13 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. Polley also played for 4 years, but put up lesser numbers: 231 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 forced fumbles.

You can make a case for Phillips over Bettis based on their best years with the team. Phillips ran for 633 yards with 8 TDs and Bettis, in his lone year in STL, ran for 637 and 3 TDs. Due to the longevity of the Faulk and Jackson years, the next closest rusher would be June Henley from the '98 campaign where a number of backs carried the workload including Amp Lee, Greg Hill, and Robert Holcombe.

You can also make a case for Pisa Tinoisamoa over Mike Jones. Yes, Jones had the Tackle, but Pisa had the longer STL career. In 6 years, Pisa had 358 tackles, 10 sacks, and 8 forced fumbles. Jones had 252 tackles, 8 sacks, and 4 FFs in 4 years with the team. On average, Jones still has the edge.

At wide receiver, I'd take either Donnie Avery or Brandon Gibson over Shaun McDonald, and possibly even take Gibson over Curtis. Yes, both McDonald and Curtis blew up after departing the team for Detroit and Philadelphia respectively. It is also true that neither had a chance at a starting role with Bruce and Holt firmly on top of the depth chart. Judging their STL career on numbers alone, Avery edges McDonald by a slim margin of 48 yards and 4 TDs. The Gibson/Curtis debate is complicated by Curtis' 12 TDs to Gibson's 9. Otherwise, both receivers played 4 years with STL where Gibson had 38 more receptions and 376 rec. yards. It is a tough call, but I can easily say I'd put Gibson over McDonald at least.

I was really looking hard to find a tight end that could replace the production of either Kendricks or Conwell, but that was tough as well. In his best year, Conwell had 38 receptions for 431 yards and 4 TDs. Just last year, Kendricks had 42 receptions for 512 yards and 4 TDs. Back in '95, Troy Drayton had 47 receptions for 458 yards and 4 TDs in his only full season with the team after the move. In fact, on a single-year basis, no Rams TE ever really stood out. Guys like Daniel Fells and Randy McMichael both had comparable single-season numbers to the rest. If you look at their body of work in STL, McMichael has more receptions and yards than either Kendricks or Big Brandon. Since I can't analysis my way through this one, I'll take the easy way out an just arbitrarily say that Conwell, Kendricks, then McMichael will be my picks. Hell, I might just slide Cook to the top of the list before he's even caught a single ball just to be controversial.
I can get on board with Phifer over Polley. Both were good, but Roman was my favorite LB for quite some time. I CANNOT make a case for Phillips in any way, shape, or form. I totally understand what you're saying about his production, but I couldn't put him on a roster because he's completely out to lunch and he pissed me off. I think receiver is pretty good as is. I like Drayton at TE, but only because he was a freaking BEAST on Madden. Otherwise, he was just a decent TE and not much else. Too bad we couldn't hold onto Fells. He looked good while he was here, but I think we've upgraded.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
mojorizen7 said:
X said:
No Toby Wright?

Sacrilege.
No doubt. I went to high school with T Wright. We were in the same Phys Ed class. Lol.
Serious? That's awesome!

Was he a big stocky kid back then too?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
X said:
mojorizen7 said:
X said:
No Toby Wright?

Sacrilege.
No doubt. I went to high school with T Wright. We were in the same Phys Ed class. Lol.
Serious? That's awesome!

Was he a big stocky kid back then too?
Not exactly. He was supremely athletic though. It was his sophmore year i think.

Such a shame with the injuries s a pro. There aren't too many guys like Wright who could knock people out in the secondary,yet could still do things with the ball in his hands. Incredible athlete....yet ferocious.