All time ST.LOUIS Ram Game Day Roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Me and rams24/7 were messing around creating the all time ST. LOUIS Rams team in Madden, so I just put some more thought on it for the game day roster and thought I would share.

Now I had made up some rules when making MY roster...First, if you may have noticed, this is only the St. Louis Rams. 1995 to present. Second, the player has to have been a Ram for at least 2 years. So guys like Brandon Lloyd or Cortland Finnegan are not eligible (at the moment).

Please note that I am taking these players from when they were in their prime years with the STL Rams.

Now obviously some positions were easier than others....Here is what I deduced.

BGs 53 man roster: All time St. Louis Rams

OFFENSE:

QB:

Kurt Warner - Marc Bulger - Sam Bradford

RB:

Marshall Faulk - Steven Jackson - Jerome Bettis (Gave him a pass, was a Ram for 3 years, only 1 with STL)

FB:

Robert Holcombe - Madison Hedgecock

WR:

Isaac Bruce - Torry Holt - Ricky Proehl - Az Hakim - Danny Amendola - Kevin Curtis - Shaun McDonald

TE:

Lance Kendrick, Ernie Conwell, Brandon Manumaleuna

LT:

Orlando Pace - Rodger Saffold (Backup utility Tackle)

LG:

Tom Nutten

C:

Andy McCollum - Richie Incognito (backup utility interior)

RG:

Adam Timmerman - Harvey Dahl

RT:

Ryan Tucker

DEFENSE:

LE:

Leonard Little, Kevin Carter

RE:

Grant Wistrom - Chris Long (Long will serve as utility DE since he has played both L&R)

DT:

Ryan Pickett - D'marco Farr - Brian Young - La'Roi Glover

LOLB:

Mike Jones - Pisa Tinoisamoa

MLB:

London Fletcher - James Laurinaitis

ROLB:

Will Witherspoon (also backup MLB and backup to LOLB: Our utility LB) - Tommy Polley

CB:

Aeneas Williams (Also emergency FS) - Todd Lyght - Dre Bly - Ron Bartell - Jermetrius Butler - Dexter McCleon

FS:

OJ Atogwe - Keith Lyle

SS:

Adam Archuleta - Quinton Mikell

Special Teams:

K:

Jeff Wilkins

P:

Donnie Jones

KR:

Tony Horne - Danny Amendola

PR:

Az Hakim - Danny Amendola

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Archuletta kinda sucked, that's bad that I can't think of a better choice. Maybe Deven Bush?

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
El Juggernauto said:
Archuletta kinda sucked, that's bad that I can't think of a better choice. Maybe Deven Bush?
I disagree. Before his back injuries started really settling in Archy was one of the better box type safeties in the league. Really flourish in Lovie Smith's system. Huge hitting ability, very good blitzer, one of our few solid run stuffers in years such as 04. Sure though pass coverage was not his strength but I enjoyed a primed healthy Archy. Thats me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No Toby Wright?

Sacrilege.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I give no props to Arch. He was a workout warrior. Ever see him lay a big hit? I heard about how big of a hitter he was but never saw it. I just wasn't a fan. Def not a 1st round talent

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nice topic BG.

What strikes me is... how weak we've been at OLB, LG, FB, and DT over the years.

I don't think he's put in his time yet; but Finnegan is well positioned to make our top CB ranking.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think you've overrated some of the older players and underrated some of the guys we have now. I would definitely put Brockers in there, as well as Finnegan and Givens. And Chis Long over Wistrom anyday.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
HE WITH HORNS said:
I think you've overrated some of the older players and underrated some of the guys we have now. I would definitely put Brockers in there, as well as Finnegan and Givens. And Chis Long over Wistrom anyday.
Other then that breaks the has to be on the team min of 2 years rule

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Rabid Ram said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
Other then that breaks the has to be on the team min of 2 years rule

Well, it would also break the salary cap, if we are going to go by rules here. . . . .

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Long should be on the roster and I am holding out and not reporting until he is added.

Lesson

Oh, really?
RB should be 1a/1b, IMO.

Marshall's first 3 years as a Ram were absolutely amazing. However, injuries started to take their toll and his production went down. His career as a Ram was also shorter than SJ's, too.

SJ had a longer career than Marshall as a Ram. And also had 8 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons rushing to boot. Marshall had 3. They were both amazing RBs with Rams and produced awesome results. However, Marshall's first 3 years were absolutely stunning as a Ram while SJ had a longer career in St. Louis. That's why I think they deserve to be 1a/1b.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Lesson said:
RB should be 1a/1b, IMO.

Marshall's first 3 years as a Ram were absolutely amazing. However, injuries started to take their toll and his production went down. His career as a Ram was also shorter than SJ's, too.

SJ had a longer career than Marshall as a Ram. And also had 8 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons rushing to boot. Marshall had 3. They were both amazing RBs with Rams and produced awesome results. However, Marshall's first 3 years were absolutely stunning as a Ram while SJ had a longer career in St. Louis. That's why I think they deserve to be 1a/1b.

I see where your coming from but Faulk in his prime is better than Jackson, and probably anyone else, and this is sort of that type of thing.....guys in their prime.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
HE WITH HORNS said:

I have a rule of a minimum of 2 years being a Ram.

If all goes to plan, Brockers and others mentions will be on this list very soon!

At this point I too would take Chris Long over Wistrom in terms of overall player...But remember this is a gameday roster and while Long was solid at RE, it was not his natural position as it truly was for Wistrom's....This was why I added for Long that he would be rotational in both DE spots. If Long puts in another 10+ sack season soon (which I suspect he will) I would probably place him ahead of Kevin Carter in LE spot....Robert Quinn (especially if his play continues) and James Hall had consideration at RE on my 53 man roster but because Long has indeed played RE in the past, and is obviously versatile to play both spots (Better suited at LE as we see in the present) Long got the spot.

Just my thoughts though. :yeh:

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Lesson said:
RB should be 1a/1b, IMO.

In my fantasy yes this is how I would have it as well. Marshall may get the most touches but SJ would surly get good playing time.

I would actually have it similar to how their touches were divided in 2004. Of course the difference is both would be in their best prime that they were with the Rams. Can you imagine? :cheese: ....And some said we had a 2 headed monster in 2004-05... Not thunder and lighting....More like massive planet collision and gamma ray burst lol :sly:

nighttrain

Legend
El Juggernauto said:
Aeneas Williams @ FS
and
OJ Atogwe @ SS
A pair of safeties worth having + Williams played his best ball for us at Safety, just me, but he was at end of great career at CB & moved to Safety by Rams
train

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Okay, here's mine, starting lineup only.

QB Chris Chandler

RB Brian Leonard

FB Joey Goodspeed

WR Drew Bennett, Mardy Gilyard, Brooks Foster

TE Joe Klopfenstein

OT Jason Smith, John St. Clair

OG Rok Watkins, Adam Goldberg

C Brett Romberg

DE Anthony Hargrove, CJ Ah You

DT Claude Wroten, Jimmy Kennedy

LB Jamie Duncan, Brady Poppinga, Jon Alston,

CB Justin King, Tye Hill

FS Craig Dahl

SS Rich Coady

PR Dejaun Groce

KR Mardy Gilyard

K Garrett Lindholm

P Reggie Hodges

Okay, let's play!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HE WITH HORNS said:
Okay, here's mine, starting lineup only.

QB Chris Chandler

RB Brian Leonard

FB Joey Goodspeed

WR Drew Bennett, Mardy Gilyard, Brooks Foster

TE Joe Klopfenstein

OT Jason Smith, John St. Clair

OG Rok Watkins, Adam Goldberg

C Brett Romberg

DE Anthony Hargrove, CJ Ah You

DT Claude Wroten, Jimmy Kennedy

LB Jamie Duncan, Brady Poppinga, Jon Alston,

CB Justin King, Tye Hill

FS Craig Dahl

SS Rich Coady

PR Dejaun Groce

KR Mardy Gilyard

K Garrett Lindholm

P Reggie Hodges

Okay, let's play!
lol. Get the fuck outta here.

I first read "Chris Chandler", and was like ... "Uhhh, he was okay.... but..."
Then I saw Brian Leonard and knew you were full of shit.

:lol:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
X said:
lol. Get the freak outta here.

Then I saw Brian Leonard and knew you were full of shyte.

I really had to dig for some of those guys, like the kicker that missed an extra point in preseason, we've had some good kickers here for years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HE WITH HORNS said:
X said:
lol. Get the freak outta here.

Then I saw Brian Leonard and knew you were full of shyte.

I really had to dig for some of those guys, like the kicker that missed an extra point in preseason, we've had some good kickers here for years.
Man I had high hopes for Brooks Foster too. Too bad he injured himself out of football after setting the record for bench press reps at the combine. Coulda been a helluva blocker. = (