Ahh....good to he a Cards Fan!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
RamFan503 said:
Congrats Cards fans. Very cool for you. You deserve it.

Your franchise is something EVERY team should hope to replicate. I've been watching my Dodgers since the mid 60s and they used to do much of what your franchise has continued to do. I've also watched what your franchise has done. Your team is a model and a team even us long time Dodger fans should applaud and now get behind

Kudos to you, the FO, management, and the fans that support that team and in many cases my Rams. I really hope that Stan sees this model as a sports wide model. I believe this is the way he leans, Time will tell.

Still, I don't want to take away from your moment. I remember so many with my Dodgers. So freaking cool. I remember as a kid, going down to the local ticket agency to stand in line to get World Series tickets. I even had my bike stolen while waiting it line but didn't even care because I got third base line tickets to Dodgers / As for two games (one didn't count as it went). But I just get chills when I think back. A freaking gorgeous thing having WORLD SERIES TICKETS and my team is in it. I'm not sure that anything can really compare.

It's odd because in one sense, Superbowl tickets would be about the extreme of anything because I am so much a Rams fan. But WORLD SERIES tickets just are the absolute tits. For anyone who has been there, maybe you get me. I've never been to a Superbowl but I can't even imagine a scenario bigger than the two World Series games I've been to. Just intense on EVERY pitch.

Just congrats Cards fans and if you have any POSSIBILITY of getting to a WS game? Do it and don't think twice. Unbelievable.
Thanks Stu, very classy post.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
1235548_10100277213658881_1265278046_n.jpg

That was a fun series. A lot of media driven hub-bub over some dumb, out of context comments...but fun nonetheless.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Congrats Cards! Now go beat the AL's eye's out!!!!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sum1BTRthnU said:
1235548_10100277213658881_1265278046_n.jpg

That was a fun series. A lot of media driven hub-bub over some dumb, out of context comments...but fun nonetheless.
My favorite part was the great defensive play of Beltran contrasted to the chokiosis of Mr. Puigie.
The press cacophony shouting Puigs critics down was priceless, IMO every Dodger who makes contact with a pitch SHOULD stand at home plate and admire their accomplishment :rofl: see that's HOW IMO his faux pas SHOULD have been measured, "do you want everyone to do that ?" If not, why not? and THEN apply that standard to Puigie.
Dunno maybe I'm wrong :neh:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Note: I'm not apologizing for Puig; he makes me cringe, too.

There are 3 things about Puig that people tend to forget:

-- He's 22 years old and a rookie. And when I say rookie, I mean raw beef steak. He hit a ton during preseason but the Dodgers knew how ill-prepared he was and kept him off the roster until June (bringing up lesser minor leaguers first), when they had no choice but to begin the experiment.

-- Puig tried numerous times to flee Cuba, which led to suspensions from their teams. In other words, his development even in Cuba was stunted.

-- Puig is more immature than anyone outside of the Dodgers knows. His first handler quit in frustration, and that was before he was called up in June. His enthusiasm, as much as it is a crowd pleaser at home, isn't making him friends, outside of the media.

Now, stack up the positives in the season with all of the negatives. The worst of them is the immaturity. He has adapted to major league pitching*. He made fewer base running mistakes as the season went on. Other than Game 6, his performance on the field has improved.

If only the Dodgers could get him to act like he's been doing this for years.

*considering the loss of Ramirez, and the fact that few Dodgers hit well in the NLCS, I'm not surprised how poorly he hit.

Last editorial -- some fans equate Ramirez's injury to the absence of Allen Craig. That's BS. Craig didn't play in the NLDS and hit .500. Besides, the Dodgers also couldn't play Matt Kemp.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Cards/Red Sox.

Tradition, history, past and present. What a series is this gonna be!!! Can't wait go Cardinals!!!!! #PostCards

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Cardinals played like a little league team last night. They need to turn it around. Hopefully Beltran comes back

Hope the Cardinals win 4 of the next six

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Really poorly played game.

...and another Boston team cheating in the world championship against a St.Louis team. I fucking hate that city.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Great win last night! Cards gotta keep it up at home

8 wins down, 3 to go

Go Cards!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
They've got a real good opportunity here. Peavy hasn't been great in the post-season and Bucholtz isn't at 100%.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
They've got a real good opportunity here. Peavy hasn't been great in the post-season and Bucholtz isn't at 100%.
That's what I was thinking. If the Redbirds can keep the pressure on them and win the next two at home, then the Cardinals have Wainwright pitching for the WS victory at home in game five or Wacha pitching in game six. The next two games are THE KEY for the Cardinals to win the WS

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We won...but fuck Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox; he kicked Craig on purpose on that obstruction play. If he didn't do that, Craig doesn't get hurt again... Again, fuck you, Will Middlebrooks.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
We won...but Freak Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox; he kicked Craig on purpose on that obstruction play. If he didn't do that, Craig doesn't get hurt again... Again, Freak you, Will Middlebrooks.
Are we sure Craig is hurt?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
We won...but Freak Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox; he kicked Craig on purpose on that obstruction play. If he didn't do that, Craig doesn't get hurt again... Again, Freak you, Will Middlebrooks.

Yeah , that's how I saw it ,but the home plate umpire should have had time called before Craig got half way home so the ill fated slide shouldn't have happened. The way he called it he had his whole body in position like he was going to make the call based on what happened there and then called it safe AFTER LETTING it go on and Craig BEING tagged for what WOULD have been an out.
They ot the call right at third and should have stopped the process.
Back to Middlebrooks ,he was IMO clearly waving his legs around intentionally , Mc Carver in his typical anti Cardinal fashion was acting like Boston was SO wronged ,doin' the I hate to see a game decided that way routine,freak him too, freak Middlebrook ,the home plate ump,Mc Carver ,if it's the rules it's the rules and there is NOTHING at all wrong with the rule. We got a TD called back last week because Jake Long tripped a guy in a game where impeding a defensive player is allowed ,indeed it's your job and I think if you watched the plays Long does no more than Middlebrooks.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
To paraphrase Gertrude Stein, a win is a win is a win. It was a weird win, but a win nonetheless. It should have never gotten that far, the Cards should have put the game away when they had their multiple chances to do so. You have to admire Boston's tenacity and never give up attitude. If the Cardinals win tonight, they will win the series with Wainwright pitching game 5 (at home) and Wacha game 6. If they don't it's still anyone's series. I heard somewhere that Craig said he is "OK".

9 wins down, 2 to go

Go Cards!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Well Gerty would know. And FWIW it is a bit of a guilty pleasure to see the Boston fans (Patriots fans mostly) flop about decrying the "injustice" they MUST believe hath been visited upon them".

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yeah , that's how I saw it ,but the home plate umpire should have had time called before Craig got half way home so the ill fated slide shouldn't have happened. The way he called it he had his whole body in position like he was going to make the call based on what happened there and then called it safe AFTER LETTING it go on and Craig BEING tagged for what WOULD have been an out.
They ot the call right at third and should have stopped the process.
Back to Middlebrooks ,he was IMO clearly waving his legs around intentionally , Mc Carver in his typical anti Cardinal fashion was acting like Boston was SO wronged ,doin' the I hate to see a game decided that way routine,freak him too, freak Middlebrook ,the home plate ump,Mc Carver ,if it's the rules it's the rules and there is NOTHING at all wrong with the rule. We got a TD called back last week because Jake Long tripped a guy in a game where impeding a defensive player is allowed ,indeed it's your job and I think if you watched the plays Long does no more than Middlebrooks.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they have to let the play continue in order to determine if the runner would have been safe if he wasn't obstructed. If I am remembering correctly an umpire can call obstruction but not award a base based on that the player wasn't going to reach that base or wasn't going to follow through with the advance.