Ahh....good to he a Cards Fan!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yeah , that's how I saw it ,but the home plate umpire should have had time called before Craig got half way home so the ill fated slide shouldn't have happened. The way he called it he had his whole body in position like he was going to make the call based on what happened there and then called it safe AFTER LETTING it go on and Craig BEING tagged for what WOULD have been an out.
They ot the call right at third and should have stopped the process.
Back to Middlebrooks ,he was IMO clearly waving his legs around intentionally , Mc Carver in his typical anti Cardinal fashion was acting like Boston was SO wronged ,doin' the I hate to see a game decided that way routine,freak him too, freak Middlebrook ,the home plate ump,Mc Carver ,if it's the rules it's the rules and there is NOTHING at all wrong with the rule. We got a TD called back last week because Jake Long tripped a guy in a game where impeding a defensive player is allowed ,indeed it's your job and I think if you watched the plays Long does no more than Middlebrooks.
Perhaps the Ump was waiting to see what happened at the plate before calling interference, for if he's safe then it's a no call and it doesn't have to end in "controversy"

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I can't believe this. The Cards won a game in which they blew 2 leads, and you're complaining about it? You're 1 win closer to the goal.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't believe this. The Cards won a game in which they blew 2 leads, and you're complaining about it? You're 1 win closer to the goal.

I'm not complaining about the win itself. I'm just saying that Middlebrooks is an arse for doing what he did. And it was a Pyrrhic victory at best because Craig was clearly injured on the play. I thought it was a lot more serious at the time. And now the Red Sox are one win closer to the goal as well. Our bullpen chose a very poor time to fold like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The Cardinals need to start getting some timely hitting. It basically comes down to a three game series now with Wainwright and Wacha pitching two of those games.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
That pick off is a tough one to swallow. But if the Cards had hit all game it could have been a different outcome.

This is an intense series. Every game has been its own story...with that, it's hard to claim one team has momentum over the other at any point.

Go Birds!!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Perhaps the Ump was waiting to see what happened at the plate before calling interference, for if he's safe then it's a no call and it doesn't have to end in "controversy"
Well there are an infinite number of possibilities he might have been tending to, but in the end there was no need for Craig to slide nor run nor the catcher nor Craig to be exposed to the sort of injury that is not uncommon on home plate plays.
Once the third base umpire called interference time SHOULD have been called and FWIW it was sort of similar to the "unabated to the QB" call football uses, if what you say he might have been doing was to save controversy it was then to SAVE HIM and not to serve the purpose of proper officiating.
In the end it was pizz poor officiating anyway to not stop play once you know what transpires from there on out is irrelevant,just is.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Well there are an infinite number of possibilities he might have been tending to, but in the end there was no need for Craig to slide nor run nor the catcher nor Craig to be exposed to the sort of injury that is not uncommon on home plate plays.
Once the third base umpire called interference time SHOULD have been called and FWIW it was sort of similar to the "unabated to the QB" call football uses, if what you say he might have been doing was to save controversy it was then to SAVE HIM and not to serve the purpose of proper officiating.
In the end it was pizz poor officiating anyway to not stop play once you know what transpires from there on out is irrelevant,just is.

I'm guessing you are choosing to ignore my post.

But here is the explanation from the umpire crew chief, John Hirschbeck.

One other crucial element is that Craig continued his attempt to score, even though the ball was retrieved and beat him to the plate.

He found his way home on a bad wheel

"That's the last, most important part of this rule," said Hirschbeck. "If what you saw tonight happened and he's out by 20 feet, then the umpire determines that if the obstruction had not occurred, he would have been out. But since it was right there – bang-bang play – obviously that's obstruction."

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Boston teams...make Angry Ram angry.
I hear you

The Cardinals will win the world series next year.

I'm not even saying I think the Cardinals will win...the Cardinals WILL WIN World Series in 2014. Almost all of our key contributors are young players who will all be better next year after a year of experience

Think about who we will have:
Starting pitiching
-Wainwright, Wacha, Miller, Kelly (all four are capable of winning at least 15 games with the top three all having ace like stuff). Then they get to pick their #5 from: Martinez, Lynn, Rosenthal, Garcia. Our #5 starter will be better than most teams #3...think about it

Our bullpen will have Motte back, then Rosenthal (if he does not become a starter), Martinez (if he does not become a starter), Jaime Garcia (if he does not become a starter), Maness, Seigrist and Axford

Position players:
-Unlikely that Beltran stays (he may stay for one year), I also think Freese may go. We have the #2 prospect in all of baseball ready to take over CF. With $30 million coming off the books, the Cards will improve SS, they can make a run at Tulowski, even if they don't I think they will sign someone who will be an upgrade at SS.-they will keep Kozma as a utility guy and one who can come in defensively. Wong will be ready to take over second base and Carp can be moved to third. In my scenario, Beltran leaves, Oscar Tavares takes over and we sign a SS or trade for Tulo
Line-up
1. Carpenter
2. Tavares
3. Holliday
4. Craig
5. Yadi
6. Adams
7. Wong
8. SS-if the Cards to get Tulo, the Cards would likely put him at the 2nd spot and moving Tavares to 6 and moving Adams and Wong down a spot. Think about how scary good that line-up will be

I just can't imagine a team right now that could beat the team that the Cards are more than able to put out there

Last year the Cards lose three straight to lose in the NLCS...they go a round deeper this year and lose three straight to lose in the World Series. In 2014 they win it all...take it to the bank

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It was rough series...ups and downs.

In a way I'm just glad its over...playoff series can really weigh on a devout sports fan!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It was rough series...ups and downs.

In a way I'm just glad its over...playoff series can really weigh on a devout sports fan!
I can identify, three series just wears you out.

I said to the lifeguard at the pool today, "at least I don't have to worry about the Cards losing any more"

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I can identify, three series just wears you out.

I said to the lifeguard at the pool today, "at least I don't have to worry about the Cards losing any more"

Yeah man...it's like I'm still wanting to watch baseball, but the tense feeling for 3 hours every game can go away haha...thats what I love about baseball's regular season. Each game isn't so dire that you get that gut wrenching feeling with every pitch.

It's amazing...in the regular season an opponent gets a hit and you know that more times than not it won't turn into anything...in the post season it feels like as soon as a guy gets on base you are in danger of getting a run against you. It's crazy!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
While it's highly disappointing (to say the least) that the Cardinals couldn't pull out the victory in the end, I'm still proud of that team...for they did what twenty-eight others could not. And the future is very, very bright indeed. The Cards have so many prospects with potential that it's ridiculous - and that's not even including all of the young players that we currently have. We will compete for the World Series for many years to come, and we will win a few.