After Last Night... Realistic Expectations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Considering the 49ers are a bottom tier team and managed to make us look like we didn't belong in the NFL, I'm anticipating around 2 to 4 wins. I think those wins will be later rather than sooner though. This team is more disfunctional than usual starting out.

I agree
4 wins max

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
The funny thing about expectations is that you almost always come away disappointed. Except with the rams. I can honestly say that since the 1999 season, I have been disappointed every year.

In 2000, they had a better team, and as the saints lined up to seemingly, knowingly blow the finish, and a fired up Kurt snapped on his chin strap and started to lean forward to take the field for the obviously imminent last minute winning drive, akim committed the rare fumble - in slow motion - and the season was over in an instant like the hottest winning steak at a craps table, where your fortune of chips is slowly raked away and all you needed was an 8.

In 2001, an even better team, taken down by the cheating bastards whose name I will not mention.

From that point on, every year I could easily make the case for a return to glory, and every year, well, you know.

So in the spirit of eventual expectational disappointment, I will first give my expectation of 10 wins, and then adjust for 7-9 bullshit, injury, flukes of physics on the field, such as random lightning striking down starting players, NOT BACKUPS, and future stripper paternity suits.....carry the one, divide by common demoralizing denominater, and whala, 4 wins. And,.....no 1st round pick.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As a "Die Hard" Rams Fan I can not, Make that WILL NOT! Bring myself to even think for one minute, That the Rams can't and won't turn this around and have a Wining Season! I don't know weather it's the Irish in me or what the Marine Corps instilled in me, But that's the way I am!!
I NEVER GIVE UP AND I BELIEVE THE RAMS WON'T!:cheers:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I do believe it is not a lost season yet. It will take intense character to rise up and overcome this mess. It is the worst showing of any Rams game I can remember. With the possible exception of the '89 NFC championship game. (And I was at that game in SF, with my full Ram's gear.)

I say we beat Wussell next week, and begin to turn things around. 13-6

Antonius

Pro Bowler
7-9. That's the reality. That's our identity. It wasn't ever going to be anything else.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think they'll be fine as soon as they emerge from their Club Med training camp and are ready to hit and compete again.

FRO

Legend
Jeff Fisher's last winning season was Aaron Rodgers first year starting. The game has passed Fisher up. To give him an extension is moronic.

TexasRam

Legend
The Rams record is entirely dependent on Fishers hard headedness. If he rethinks his approach and opens his mind there is a chance for something. But all indications are he is sticking with his outdated recipe for 7-9.

If Fisher stays the course we are looking at 2-3 wins.

7-9 last year, and we are worse this year. Huge holes in the run defense at LB. Huge holes at CB and safety.

The only hope for improvement is Goff and the rookie WR's.

The only possible wins are Bills, Dolphins, Falcons and Niners at home.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
7-9. That's the reality. That's our identity. It wasn't ever going to be anything else.

Agreed. Anyone who thinks the Rams don't win a minimum of six games is kidding themselves. That's what dinosaur jeff does.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i said at the start of the season id take 8-8 and anything above that is a bonus whilst i'm fairly conifdent we will not be as bad as Mondays game showed us throughout the season. I just truly believe we aren't as good as we as a collective group on this board thought we were . I always like our ability to play our division hard and make teams work to beat us but something is missing from this team that we had the last couple of years. Be it leadership on D or just a general idea on how football should be played..or Fisher thinking he is smartest guy in the room

7-9.or .6-10

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
I am just extremely disappointed, I will still be rooting for victory every game. My hope is the ass kicking on national television will be motivational to never want to feel (play) that way again. I know I don't want it as a fan and the players don't either.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
i said at the start of the season id take 8-8 and anything above that is a bonus whilst i'm fairly conifdent we will not be as bad as Mondays game showed us throughout the season. I just truly believe we aren't as good as we as a collective group on this board thought we were . I always like our ability to play our division hard and make teams work to beat us but something is missing from this team that we had the last couple of years. Be it leadership on D or just a general idea on how football should be played..or Fisher thinking he is smartest guy in the room

7-9.or .6-10

I think we're missed Laurinitis and Long at DE, and I really think we should have had a QB suit up... ohh, wait...

tempests

Hall of Fame
Kroenke doesn't operate in terms of wins and loses. Fisher was hired in 2012 primarily because Fisher has gone through relocation process already. Kroenke felt that experience would be much needed in the move. The whole relocation process isn't complete. It wouldn't surprise me to see him wait until the stadium is built before moving on.

That would surprise me. Fisher is being paid as much as Tomlin and Carroll and only slightly less than Reid and Belichick. Among the largest and most expensive coaching staffs in the league on payroll.

For all his resources SK can find people to finalize the relocation business from here on out, just as Art Modell once did. Is Kroenke the businessman is going to continue paying Fisher like a SB winning coach without delivering results on the field.

FRO

Legend
That would surprise me. Fisher is being paid as much as Tomlin and Carroll and only slightly less than Reid and Belichick. Among the largest and most expensive coaching staffs in the league on payroll.

For all his resources SK can find people to finalize the relocation business from here on out, just as Art Modell once did. Is Kroenke the businessman is going to continue paying Fisher like a SB winning coach without delivering results on the field.
I don't know. I just think Kroenke doesn't care much about wins and loses. Proof being the poor record since he took over and his other teams poor records.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It Won't matter who plays QB in this offense unless they are allowed to change plays at the line, like Manning did, as the plays called are moronic at the worst and high school level at best. And NO, the kid that doesn't know the playbook or how to take snaps from center is not going to be able to save this offense this year as they won't let him call plays for sure.
And even though the defense didn't lose this game they have definitely gone backwards with Sensabaugh and Joyner at corner. I never did see why they wanted Joyner as anything other than a safety and I really doubt that he can play that either. Another wasted draft pick.:eek:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i had / have no expectations. that way i'm never disappointed. that being said however, disappointed doesnt touch that fiasco in hand me down jeans stadium. this is 1-15 bullshit without a 1st round pick. 1 pick in the first 3 rounds next year. THAT'LL help all the issues. as dick dastardly always says after another boneheaded race, "drat and double drat".

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I'm thinking 3-13 or 4-12...with 5-11 at best. Hopefully they show enough potential in those 4-5 wins to attract a top HC candidate.

It was foolish to think after losing multiple starters, adding nothing (other than a talented QB who's not close to ready to start) and keeping the same mediocre coaches...that we'd suddenly get better.

And it's a shame we gave up those picks. Looks like that 1 we gave up will be a pretty high pick...probably top 5.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
after the MNF debacle, I think 5-11 would be a good season for this team. However, if we beat the Seahawks we could go 7-9, which to me isn't good enough, as others have said we have 1 pick in the first 3 rounds next year and that's not a good place to be - Tennessee must be laughing! we have to sort out our Secondary AND WR corps...

lockdnram21

Legend
They need to put Goff in and go more down field. Get Britt and Quick more involved. The slants qith both of them was working. Tavon just not working as a outside receiver. If you get Britt and Quick going it will open up for Tavon and open up for Gurley. Also they might as well get Mike Thomas in the Game