After Last Night... Realistic Expectations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
As a Rams and Gamecocks fan, my expectation for next week is that I will discover I'm a masochist.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Realistic? We will win a few games that we are not supposed to win. We will lose some games we should win (like last night). In the end, we will have an underachieving record of 6 wins, 7 wins tops. Our D will step up numerous times, only to be let down by an anemic offense that is poorly designed, doesn't adjust, doesn't make teams pay for crowding the LOS, and that gets sub-par QB play until it is too late to make a difference.

Que karate chopping of arm and David Byrne of the talking heads singing "same as it ever was, same as it ever was."

Ram65

Legend
bleak1
blēk/
adjective
  1. (of an area of land) lacking vegetation and exposed to the elements.
    "a bleak and barren moor"
    synonyms: bare, exposed, desolate, stark, desert, lunar, open, empty, windswept; More

• (of a building or room) charmless and inhospitable; dreary.
      "he looked around the bleak little room in despair"
    • (of the weather) cold and miserable.
      "a bleak midwinter's day"
      synonyms: cold, bitter, biting, raw, freezing, icy
      "a bleak wind"

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Just like some of the old Big Red teams, they got most of their wins in the preseason! 2-14

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
this isn't as good a team, losing McCloud and JJ will hurt the defense, the linebacking is thin and the offense is a complete travesty. 4-12, with a nice fat pick going to the Titans.

FRO

Legend
Said 6-10 at the start of the year and still believe it. Fisher's teams never are consistent from week to week. They'll beat some good teams and get destroyed by bad ones. If they lose against Seattle Sunday and play this bad, I would worry. I expect them to have a rebound game.

FRO

Legend
IF Kroneke has half a brain, Fish has to go. The sooner the better, and start Goff
train
Kroenke doesn't operate in terms of wins and loses. Fisher was hired in 2012 primarily because Fisher has gone through relocation process already. Kroenke felt that experience would be much needed in the move. The whole relocation process isn't complete. It wouldn't surprise me to see him wait until the stadium is built before moving on.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
4 or 5 wins. We're worse than last year because our secondary is beyond awful. Despite last night's embarrasing and brutal performance, I do anticipate this team making at least slight strides on offense (young o-line gaining experience, no nick Foles, Kendricks > Cook, Gurley being a year removed from surgery, etc)... but it won't be enough to stop our record from getting worse vs 2015 given the secondary's issues.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Considering the 49ers are a bottom tier team and managed to make us look like we didn't belong in the NFL, I'm anticipating around 2 to 4 wins. I think those wins will be later rather than sooner though. This team is more disfunctional than usual starting out.

Ram210

UDFA
No question we were the worst team in the league in Week 1; yes worse than the Browns. If Goff plays he gets killed behind that line and weak receiving corps. Just an inept start, let the countdown begin to a new coach, one that stresses offense like the days of Vermeil and Martz.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I dont think Goff gets killed behind this young OL. I think Goff makes teams pay if they try to stack the box the way the whiners did.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Depends on next week. If the Rams are crap again and Keenum's still not benched...

That's on thing.

If the Rams win or at least take it down to the wire... that's an entirely different thing.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
One thing I DID like last night ... and it is the ONLY thing, was seeing the slant being incorporated into our offense. It was basically the only offensive play with any success.

Ok ... that is all