After Last Night... Realistic Expectations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
First off, I have to say this was one of the hardest games to watch. It was so bad I turned it off midway through the second quarter. I cannot understand how an NFL team cannot score a single point in a game. Words cannot express how pissed I was about the lack of performance by the offense. We are right back where we were last year. No passing game, no offensive continuity which puts the defense on the field the majority of the game. Also, I found it disturbing to see some of our key players seemingly not giving any real effort. I honestly think they thought they were going to come into San Francisco and blow them out of the water. Little did they know SF was ready, punched them in the mouth and knocked them out. We continue to be the butt of jokes around the league, and yet Fisher continues to be the head coach. The ineptness of this organization is mind boggling. With that said, I really thought if this team went 9-7 given all the distractions of moving to LA, Hard Knocks, and all the moves within LA, would be a successful year. After last night's debacle I'm now thinking 5-11 or 6-10. Am I jumping the gun as to predicting a bad season only after the first game? Maybe so, but until Fisher is gone, and Kroenke finds someone who can turn this team into a contender, we will continue to see losing seasons and more players jumping ship when they can.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher's teams are always notoriously slow to open the season. But that offense was so badly called and played, that I don't think it can ever win a game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you go thru Fisher's history with the Rams, on many occasions we've had horrific losses and came back the next week with a big win or played a great game

Big Game

Living The Dream
If they continue to play like last night 4-12 and that being kind. I too thought maybe they could win 9 or 10 games this year but that mess we witnessed last night was horrible.

San Fran ran a college offense, Do you hear me a college offense against an NFL defense and smoked us. The Niners didn't even huddle at times, like a college team the whole squad looked over to the sidelines got the play and beat our defense it was horrible to watch.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Realistically? 7-9. I know it's a meme, but the only hope is Goff comes in and lights the league on fire. But, for this to happen there has to be a change in offensive philosophy.

Jeff Fisher is the problem. Just look at what Chip was able to do with Gabbert. Also, check the 9er's penalties. I think they had like 1 all game. That is the difference between a well coached team, and a shit coached team.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Won't answer right now... One of the most humiliating defeats I've seen as a Ram fan...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
They will be between 6-10 and 9-7. They will beat Seattle next week.......just watch.

This is a talented team with no leadership so they will win there share and even get our hopes up (with a mini win streak) at some point this year.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you trot out a receiving crew like they have with a well below average QB and you run the same play over and over the expectations are ?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
That bullshit wishes it was 7-9 bullshit. Now I know what fish meant when he said he wasn't going 7-9.

If they can't beat Seattle at home when wilson is hurt and less mobile, then they will be lucky to get 7 wins.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you go thru Fisher's history with the Rams, on many occasions we've had horrific losses and came back the next week with a big win or played a great game
This is true, but the inconsistency is what's hard to swallow. It's his MO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My expectations were ...that RDE Rob Quinn might slightly resemble the 2013 & 2014 version...sadly he looked just like the October 2015 version totally dominated by the 9ers OL. Quinn lost containment over & over & when he was in position he failed to make the plays. RDE Eugene Sims was a clone of Quinn with the exception he seemed to play with more fire in his belly as Quinn just went thru the motions...Fisher would have been better served in activating Matt Longacre.

2/3 rds of the starting corners Coty Sensabaugh & Lamarcus Joyner were pathetic. Joyner continued to fail play after play. Coty can not play outside corner period. GW will have to either start Hill or the gimpy EJ Gaines next week or Wilson will have pick us apart. I would move Coty to the Nickle & Bench Joyner. The best series of defense played was when GW had Cody Davis in @ deep safety along with Alexander, Barron & McDonald on the field. This was when they remove Joyner from the field. Mo Alexander has some issues in coverage on some of their bigger pass plays last night.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't see 6 wins from THIS team. Unless changes are made, this could go down as the most miserable season since our last (1-15) season.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Realistically (and it really pains me to say this) I don't see us winning 1 game if we continue to play like last night. I don't think there is a single team in the league we would have beat the way we played last night. We were the worst team in week 1, the laughing stock of the NFL. Most years I've tempered expectations so I didn't feel too bad once the season came around. This year I actually bought into the perceived improvement I thought we finally made. They broke my heart last night. That has hard to watch...Real hard.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
This is a very sad day and my hangover just adds to the pain. I thought the game would be close but like many of you, I thought Gurley would be the difference and compensate for the Rams suspect WR's and Keenum's lack of arm talent. I don't believe they are as bad as the 28-0 thumping they received but I do believe the Offense is going to be more of the same against NFL Defenses that are strong against the run.

They could easily bounce back next week and beat the Seahawks but very likely a 13-9 type of game unless the Defense and Special Teams can contribute by adding a score or two.

With the structure and coaching personnel that's guiding this Offense nobody that woke up this morning can honestly think this team has a chance to win more than 5 or 6 games. I have mixed feelings about starting Goff anytime soon or at least until the Offensive Line gets 3 or 4 games under their belt.

Is it too early to point fingers at Boras? I mean ultimately he's Fisher's guy but the man had an entire off-season to put his stamp and philosophy to compromise his playbook knowing that 8-9 Man Fronts along with exotic run blitzes were going to be on the menu right out of the gate. Oh well, I'm just a message board GM/Coach like the rest of us and unless this game was a total fluke, Jeff Fisher's days as a head coach in this league probably won't last past Thanks Giving weekend. Go LA Rams :sick:

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Realistic? I had to call out from work! Oh the pain! I had to tell all the muthr f@krs at work this is like Fight Club, and we know you don't talk about Fight Club! I work in the Philly area so they were rooting for the Rams due to their hate for Chip Kelly but what do the Rams do, drop a goose egg! Wait that was the offense and it was offensive! Besides Hekker's punting the only other highlight I can remember that involved the O was when that dude ran on to the field!

I hope this is like last year when the Vikes went to Levi Stadium and got shellacked in the season opener but went on the make the playoffs. I have always been a cup half full kind of guy but Fisher and the Rams are testing me!

Oh and I didn't really call out sick, had to come and take it like a man, or a lamb but whatever! On a plus note there is no reason at all not to start Goff cuz he can't look any worse than Case did last night. Lets get this rookie some reps.....6-10 here we come!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Offense still as bad as ever. Defense has slipped. Believe me, it coulda been worse than 28-0. Gabbert misfired several times with open receivers. The 49ers will come back to earth and realize he's not their future. But yet, they're still better than the Rams.