Adrian Peterson will plead no contest to misdemeanor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
lol no he started talking about some other case were apparently a former scout master that he knew was charged with attempted murder of his wife for some kind of domestic thing that got out of hand. Well when he told wife's lawyer that he wouldn't be liable for child support since he'd be in jail, they quickly reduced it to custodial interference or something lol
Scout Troops have to have sponsors they are called charter organizations ,I was the charter organization representative for a local Cub Pack ,anyway we caught the Cub Master stealing from the pack treasury ,I had to remove him from his duties .In the process I sought counsel from the District Scout Office.
I expressed my incredulity at the guy stealing from kids and for the meager amount he had to gain (about $350) the dist rep said ,you'd be surprised how often we see this.
Sometimes it takes effort to not be a cynic.

iced

Scout Troops have to have sponsors they are called charter organizations ,I was the charter organization representative for a local Cub Pack ,anyway we caught the Cub Master stealing from the pack treasury ,I had to remove him from his duties .In the process I sought counsel from the District Scout Office.
I expressed my incredulity at the guy stealing from kids and for the meager amount he had to gain (about $350) the dist rep said ,you'd be surprised how often we see this.

lol yep - my old man was a scout master too lol

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
When I was a kid we used to have an annual rodeo in my town. It was a kind of a big deal. My scoutmaster was in some capacity involved and ended up skipping town with all the rodeo money. He was no longer our scoutmaster after that, needless to say. In fact, I never heard about him again. Funny thing was he was a really cool guy. He took us to Philmont and we had a lot of other great times camping together. I'm unaware that he ever stole money from scouts but he may very well have considering what else he did.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
All this Cub Scout talk reminded me that I actually still have my Cub Scout shirt and a bunch of my patches. "Aloha Council Hawaii" , #322 , Den 3. I just noticed that my Webelos pin has Rasta colored rope things hanging off of it. Perfect.

If anyone is interested in seeing pics of these Classics... Let me know how much ROD $ you're willing to donate for me to post them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
All this Cub Scout talk reminded me that I actually still have my Cub Scout shirt and a bunch of my patches. "Aloha Council Hawaii" , #322 , Den 3. I just noticed that my Webelos pin has Rasta colored rope things hanging off of it. Perfect.

If anyone is interested in seeing pics of these Classics... Let me know how much ROD $ you're willing to donate for me to post them.
Yeah - I see you're kinda hurtin' fer cash. o_O:D

RamzFanz

Damnit

I saw an ESPN article and researched it before I responded. I don't have it up any more. It was definitely ESPN.

Edit:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11514522/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-indicted-child-case

"Grant said only one grand jury reviewed Peterson's case, refuting a report that an initial grand jury rejected the case and it took a second grand jury to indict Peterson. He said the grand jury "was provided lots of evidence over a significant number of weeks, and at the conclusion of that evidence presentation and an explanation of the law in this particular matter, they chose to indict Mr. Peterson."

I think News reports confused the accusations from a year ago about a different child with the current accusation.

Also, the child in question for the second accusation stated he had also been whipped with a belt and punched in the head.

iced

I saw an ESPN article and researched it before I responded. I don't have it up any more. It was definitely ESPN.

Edit:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11514522/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-indicted-child-case

"Grant said only one grand jury reviewed Peterson's case, refuting a report that an initial grand jury rejected the case and it took a second grand jury to indict Peterson. He said the grand jury "was provided lots of evidence over a significant number of weeks, and at the conclusion of that evidence presentation and an explanation of the law in this particular matter, they chose to indict Mr. Peterson."

I think News reports confused the accusations from a year ago about a different child with the current accusation.

Also, the child in question for the second accusation stated he had also been whipped with a belt and punched in the head.

Also heard Peterson's not responsible for it. There's also the timeline thats questionable (several months between child injured to reported)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/15/us/adrian-peterson-child-abuse-charges/

Sources told KHOU that the mother of the child filed a complaint with Child Protective Services in Texas because she alleged that Peterson beat the child, while visiting his father at his Houston-area home.

According to the report, text messages between Peterson and the boy's mother show that Peterson admitted disciplining the child, but he claims the child hit his head on the car seat in the process.

No charges were ever filed, according to KHOU.

CNN reached out CPS, but has not received a response.

Through his attorney Rusty Hardin, Peterson vehemently denied the report.

"The allegation of another investigation into Adrian Peterson is simply not true. This is not a new allegation. It's one that is unsubstantiated and was shopped around to authorities in two states over a year ago and nothing came of it," Hardin said. "An adult witness adamantly insists Adrian did nothing inappropriate with his son."

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
So why did he admit it from the git go,and is HE suitable to be a scoutmaster ?
Might as well get all these questions cleared up at one time

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Really? Who you gettin' to model them?

Hahaha. No shit. This shirt is so little, I have a hard time imagining that I was ever that small. This stuff if from 76 and 77.

The more I look at this shirt and all of the patches,,, I wonder if some collector of Boy Scout stuff would pay some real coin for this. I'm not talking about the normal patches... but the ones that are Hawaii specific. I may be able to retire right away. LOL

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Here's the sad punchline to my story, the guy I relieved as Cubmaster is back in leadership , good part was even though several of the leaders just wanted to dismiss the guy and forget the money, told me I was never gonna get it back, he repaid it ,but now he's back in and there is another leader I had relieved in there as well and neither of them has kids still in scouting.
I can't imagine why the District Scout Rep. let it happen nor why the charter org did either but that job ( charter org. rep.) was a classic example of no good deed goes unpunished .
There are a lot of good memories about those days though and I just got lost in them , srry for the highjack.:hijack::peace:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Also heard Peterson's not responsible for it. There's also the timeline thats questionable (several months between child injured to reported)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/15/us/adrian-peterson-child-abuse-charges/

Is it that you think he's innocent?

It was reported within a week or two. I can't find a definite timeline but the wounds were partially healed and it was reported by a doctor.

It was about three months between incident and the grand jury testimony by Peterson.

iced

Is it that you think he's innocent?

It was reported within a week or two. I can't find a definite timeline but the wounds were partially healed and it was reported by a doctor.

It was about three months between incident and the grand jury testimony by Peterson.

as i have said before, these are just my opinions from a legal perspective.

As far his innocence/guilt, I can't give an actual opinion without all the facts of the case (like what the DA really has, what peterson really has). You could already see how much misinformation is out there.

Obviously he is guilty of something

Last edited:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I have never (and will never) understand the punishment factor involved in a paid suspension...If he's going to be suspended, he should not be paid, IMO..If the suspension is overturned as unfair, he then should have every right to all back pay...I know when I was working I would have gone for a lifetime ban at my place of employment if it was with pay...Ouch, that would sure hurt...
It's basically CYA in action.

You get the suspension to make the public happy. But then if it turns out the guy is innocent, he doesn't have much to complain about because he got paid to do nothing anyway.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It's basically CYA in action.

You get the suspension to make the public happy. But then if it turns out the guy is innocent, he doesn't have much to complain about because he got paid to do nothing anyway.

My problem with that is that the team is punished whether he's guilty or not...I think the player certainly should be punished as much as the team...The team can't regain their losses, the player can if acquitted of wrong doing...I just don't think it's right..I know it's not really important in the overall scheme of things, sometimes stuff just sticks in my craw and I stay irritated about it for a while...Doesn't help when I have no respect for him at this point...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/06/nike-terminates-deal-with-adrian-peterson/

Nike terminates deal with Adrian Peterson
Posted by Mike Florio on November 6, 2014

peterson4.jpg

Whatever happens between Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and his primary employer, Peterson now has one less entity giving him money.

According to Darren Rovell of ESPN, Nike has terminated its contract with Peterson.

Previously, Nike suspended the arrangement on September 17. He rejoined Nike in 2013 after going without a shoe sponsor in 2012.

Peterson pleaded no contest on Tuesday to misdemeanor assault charges in Texas. The agreement resolved felony child abuse charges and avoided a December 1 trial.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Gee Nike, I guess that makes up for all the sweat shops in China...

Not that it changes anyone's POV but does anyone know what Peterson's son actually did to initiate the punishment? The first time I read about this I read that he had simply pushed his playmate down but in a comment I was reading it read that he was actually smothering the playmate. The latter would warrant an ass-whoopin' to make sure that a kid never even thought about doing that sort of thing again.