Additional Roster moves

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
He wasn't implying to bring Brady Quinn in to be the starter. He was asking if it would be an upgrade to Austin Davis as the primary backup. And I have to agree. That is a fair question. Let's face it. If they get to the point where Austin Davis has to take over the reigns, this season will be gone.

Hill gives them a fighting chance. Davis, not so much.

Oh yes, I read that one wrong. Yeah, Quinn or Davis wouldn't make much of a difference at that point other than Davis having more team chemistry.

hilltime

UDFA
I don't think it's that simple. . They both bring so many different things to the mix.

Reid is a liability in man coverage. But he obviously is a tenacious tackler and in zone coverage can be serviceable. He also has some value in the return game. Even if he hasn't resembled anything close to the reports of his previous skill in that area.

Roberson has better cover skills in man coverage. But is a liability in zone because he just doesn't want to close and hit anyone. His height and athleticism make him intriguing. I just think he would be better served with the proverbial red shirt year in the practice squad.
coach with the deline we have and roberson cover abilty wouldnt he be the best choose to replace tru in the next couple games? what is your thoughts on the best chocie?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
coach with the deline we have and roberson cover abilty wouldnt he be the best choose to replace tru in the next couple games? what is your thoughts on the best chocie?
ITs not gonna matter which of the them the decide on. Neither Reid or Roberson will see the field unless there are more injuries. IMO, Gaines gets the first crack at starting on the outside at CB, with Joyner in the Nickel. IF they choose to us a Dime package, McLeod will slide into the other slot role and Cody Davis will be the extra Safety. Honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Woodard make it ahead of both Reid and Roberson.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Nope. Brady Quinn has a career stat line of a terrible 53% completion percentage, a 12-17 touchdown to interception ratio, and a 64 QBR. The dude is so disappointing that he is constantly the guy getting cut from teams all around the league. The only reason we took him in last season was because it was so slim pickings that we tried to bring back Brett Favre.

Shaun Hill has more experience in the league, a 62% overall completion percentage, a 41-23 touchdown to interception ratio, and a 86 QBR all-time with several games where he posted a QBR greatly exceeding 100. Shaun Hill is definitely the better option. That's why Snisher made sure to grab him when the did.
Did we actually try to bring back Brett Favre??! Seriously? or was that just a funny?

fearsomefour

Legend
McGloin has looked the best of the Raider QBs this preseason so you may be right about them not moving him.
I would only be interested in trading for a guy if he has the possibility of sticking long term. I don't know if Pryor or Jackson fit that mold. Of the two I would trade for Pryor given his age and ability to sit as a 3 and develop for a couple of years.
Also, don't know if either team would like an in division trade.