Additional Roster moves

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Farewell Daniels. I hope you heal up and can be healthy the rest of your life. Shame you couldn't do that as a Ram.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
they cut 2 WRs yesterday.. My guess it will be Kourtnie Brown, DE or Sammy Brown in yet another injury/settlement

Although I just read where both Hayes and Sims did not practice today, so those two may get a few days reprieve.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
they cut 2 WRs yesterday.. My guess it will be Kourtnie Brown, DE or Sammy Brown in yet another injury/settlement

Ah, I missed Jordan Harris. Then yea, you're two choices are probably top of the list.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Matt Daniels is a little bit of a surprise for the first round of cuts. Maybe this opens the door for an extra corner? Or Christian Bryant? That kid has some serious potential. If not for his injury, prob would have went in the middle rounds.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Matt Daniels is a little bit of a surprise for the first round of cuts. Maybe this opens the door for an extra corner? Or Christian Bryant? That kid has some serious potential. If not for his injury, prob would have went in the middle rounds.
I think its a foregone conclusion, with T. Johnson's injury, they will be forced to keep a 6th CB. Woodard, Reid or Roberson will find their way onto the 53 until Johnson is cleared to play. Most likely around game 5 vs. SF on Oct. 13th

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ah yes, Demetrius Rhaney, the guy they drafted over Ethan Westbrooks. Lol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think its a foregone conclusion, with T. Johnson's injury, they will be forced to keep a 6th CB. Woodard, Reid or Roberson will find their way onto the 53 until Johnson is cleared to play. Most likely around game 5 vs. SF on Oct. 13th

Sure Coach...Now you come around.;)

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Oh yeah thats right, you mentioned before that the Rams wouldnt be using the designated to retun tag on Tru. Forcing their hand on a sixth CB. I'm an idiot.

Big Willie

Starter
Rhaney was placed on IR, so he wasn't cut....just stashed for 2015 (with time to get stronger and increase his knowledge of the play book). He got the Barrett Jones redshirt year (hopefully without the results BJ got this year)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I know some people had some hope that Matt Daniels would blossom. Though I am always hopeful that the Rams will find some diamond in the rough type player I am also glad that they have realized that Matt Daniels probably just wasn't that guy. What I mean is that I am glad they aren't holding onto late rounders/UDFAs that haven't done anything just because of what they "hope" is a secret gem.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
@jthom1: Final player cut by Rams to reach the 75-man limit is DE Sammy Brown, per agent. So yes, as totally expected, Michael Sam is still a Ram.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Sure Coach...Now you come around.;)
If by coming around you mean u am realistic enough to realize that when one of their starting CBs is out for 6 weeks they need to fill that void. Than. Yes.

If you think that I've changed my mind on Reid or Roberson. Then NO.

That's kinda similar to me thinking now that Austin Davis makes this roster. When 4 days ago that was not very likely at all.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If by coming around you mean u am realistic enough to realize that when one of their starting CBs is out for 6 weeks they need to fill that void. Than. Yes.

If you think that I've changed my mind on Reid or Roberson. Then NO.

That's kinda similar to me thinking now that Austin Davis makes this roster. When 4 days ago that was not very likely at all.
They've played pretty well recently, don't you think?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
They've played pretty well recently, don't you think?
IMO. Not well enough to be considered one of the top 6 of everyone is healthy.

Here's how I see it. If Reid had Roberson's cover skills. Or Roberson had Reid's tenacity. Then you would have something. Woodard is the guy who is somewhere in the middle. Which gives him the leg up at this point

They guy that could be the wildcard in how this unit shakes out come Saturday is McGee. If he isn't healthy yet. Then they may be forced to IR him. Not likely. But they can't afford to go into week one with both Johnson and McGee unable to play. .

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Sorry to see this happen to Mat the Hat. Hard to watch guys with heart who give it their all not make it because their bodies just can't keep up with their effort. Hope him well in the future.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Although I just read where both Hayes and Sims did not practice today, so those two may get a few days reprieve.

I believe in those sweet reprieves - always an opportunity in them as I have shown in life - all you need is a chance

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
[QUOTE="CoachO, post: 378462, member: 554"
Here's how I see it. If Reid had Roberson's cover skills. Or Roberson had Reid's tenacity. Then you would have something.[/QUOTE]

Coach,

Which of the two do you believe could be "coached up and or shows the desires to improve the most" so that he would be able to turn his weakness into another strength?

Thanks for the info you share.